anybody else think about if they will find out the sex of their baby?

girlibird

Reaction score
no its way to early at the mo to find out the sex i m only 6 weeks and think about it all day long.. its the 25 week scan you can find out the sex and i am o debating weather to keep it a surprise this time round. i found out the sex with both my boys but something deep inside tells me dont do it wait and see.. my hubby dont want to know either. but i can see us in that scan room 19weeks time and the lady says would you like to know the sex i am going to have to take cello tape and stick my lips together lol.

Are you in the UK? If so it's the 20 anomoly scan where you can find out.

My OH wants to know and I'm a little bit on the fence. If I'm honest it's other people judging me that's putting me off finding out. I've mentioned it to a couple of people and they've gone oooooh don't you want a surprise. How is it not a surprise when I find out at 20 weeks?

It's a tough decision

is it 20 weeks ? was 25 with my last pregnancy. yeah im in uk see you in Newcastle im in Northampton.. i know they say it to me but i find people who have not had children say that. agree finding out at 20 weeks is the same as finding out when you push the little miracle out lol

I want to find out, not because I want a particular one, I just want to know. I will be no less excited knowing then waiting. My sister said exactly that 'don't u want the surprise' but that's not really the excitement for me. It will be surprise enough when a miniature human being pops out of me, knowing already it's boy or girl will make me no less excited or emotional. I'm hoping to get good pics on Sunday at my 12 week scan so I can guess!

Dont worry about other judgy people, wanting to know doesn't mean you want one more than the other an worry you'll be disappointed, it's simply that you wanna know. Just say if they want a surprise you won't tell them ;)

I am finding out at 16 weeks with a private gender scan. I didn't find out with my 1st 2 as with the 1st it was against hospital policy and with the second her legs were closed. With our 3rd we asked but his cord was between his legs although they thought they saw his scrotum, A growth scan a few weeks later confirmed he was infact a boy :) we would like to know this time so we can plan and prepare our children (2 girls and a boy) we will need to decide who shares what room and if we need to turn bedroom back to how they used to be etc...

I'm finding out!! :) will hopefully have a private gender scan because i want the 4d pix as well :)

If people ask if i was a surprise i'll say yea this is my first baby so everything for the next 18years is gonna be a surprise :)

Last time I really wanted to find out and I was so disappointed that baby had it's ankles crossed so they couldn't see anything! I gave birth and my mum said : Oh, it's a boy! The midwife asked if she was sure, so she looked again and said it's a girl! Which was what I wanted and felt all along that I was carrying a girl.

This time round we really want to find out, we live in a tiny 2 bedroom cottage, if it's a girl again it's not too bad, if it's a boy I want us to be looking out for somewhere a bit bigger and possibly with a garden rather than a back yard!

I have a feeling that this one is a boy, but hopefully we'll be finding out in August when we get our 20 week scan :)

Im finding out this time
Last pregnancy i didnt find out. When Harry was born i was so tired and drugged up after 21 hours full labour i was so out of it i really didnt care as long as he was crying.

Ive decided to find out because when you have a baby you have no time for anything. Last time i always planned on a cream baby bedroom and when i found out changing it, well that never happened.

This time i want to be organised. I have so many boys clothes up in the loft if i have another boy they will need washing and if i have a girl they will all need to go.

My mum wasnt happy i was finding out, but the other day she asked me when ill find out and i said at the '20 week scan' and she said 'oh thats ages way'

I want to find out. It makes it easier to choose a name and choose the color of their clothes.

We want to find out so we can be more prepared and the children will be able to bond that little bit more if they know who they're talking to (if that makes sense)
I didnt know with #1, found out with #2 so would like to with #3. Just have to wait and see, I dont care if others say we shouldn't its not their choice.

I'm finding out!! :) will hopefully have a private gender scan because i want the 4d pix as well :)

If people ask if i was a surprise i'll say yea this is my first baby so everything for the next 18years is gonna be a surprise :)

Exactly!

I don't want to find out, OH does and MIL does as she has a loft full of baby crap for boys and girls, and she wants to know which half she can give me. My dad doesn't believe in finding out.

When people ask if I'm finding out or if I want one over the other I tell them I just want a healthy baby. I also don't want people trying to name baby before he/she is here, we have a list of names we like, but I won't know till I meet them which one will stick...

We're not going to find out 'til baby's arrival! :)

I think we all just want healthy babies no matter what the sex is, some would just like to know that too. I don't care what it is, but I want to know.
When I find out I'll still have list of names and wont decide till I see baby. No one else naming baby but me and OH :)

I'm not sure what makes me want to know, compared to my sister who wanted surprise, maybe it's just according to your personality.

If I have the choice I will find out. I don't like surprises!

My parents dont want to know, but seeing as I will still be living with them for a while, they wont really have a choice of knowing once I start bringing pink or blue stuff in.

I really want to know what it is, even though people have said do I not want to keep it a suprise etc. I was told I couldn't have children, so being pregnant is a suprise enough in itself.

Plus, there doesnt seem to be a great amount of unisex outfits available :/

I found out with my first two. I each person is different. I knew that I needed to know. Nothing wrong with finding out, and nothing wrong with leaving it as a surprise. So I say go with your gut. For #3 we have been toying with the idea of leaving this one as a surprise, but like so many others with older children have said it will be nice to be able to let my 4 year old know what gender the baby will be. So we will probably find out again... :)

I dont understand ho some poeple judge you if you want to find out something about your baby!
Liek some of you have said i want to be prepared and organised, i want to paint the nursery and get all the right coloured clothes etc before my little miracle come along and suddenly there is no time to do anything lol
I cannot wait and i will have my anomaly scan on the 16th August :) cannot wait at all :)

see thats like me i found out with my first two and am so not a patient person i will be egging to know by then lol.. maybe i will and just not tell anyone that way it will be a surprise for them on the day... so already have my names sorted! if its a girl im calling her rose and if its a boy well my oh like jai. but im not too sure yet lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->