Anybody else with really long irregular cycles???

bella21

Reaction score
Hi everybody!!! Im cd35 at the moment. Last cycle was 57 days due to a ruptured cyst. At least thats what Im blaming it on being so long. My cycles have been ranging from 32-57 days. Im just frustrated and need other people in the same boat as me!!! Of course I'm thinking the worst...am i infertile...do i have pcos...endometriosis etc..... am I even ovulating???? being a girl sucks sometimes :( Anybody with any input or feeling the same way???

Tested on sunday BFN.....but of course because of the length of my last cycle I don't even know when AF is coming anymore. noticed ewcm on cd20. BD'd. keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for any response ladies!

I'm very confused about my cycles too. Did you recently come off the pill? I have no idea when AF is even supposed to show up, and it's VERY aggravating.

That must be so frustrating! My cycles are pretty regular but I wanted to sed you a hug!

thanks Lovebug =)

Hi stitchfan! I came off the pill almost a year ago now (thanksgiving last year is around the time i stopped them). My periods were normal for awhile and now they're just all over the place! I agree its sooo frustrating! I swore i ovulated on cd20 this month due to ewcm and O pains but I guess i was wrong since I'm on cd35 or 36 now with BFN and no AF. How about you??

This is only second day on this forum so all these anagrams are tripping me up... is cd cycle day? ewcm... something white cervical mucus? Sorry... learning :)

I stopped taking the pill Aug 21, so it's been 2 months. I had my first AF the last weekend of Sept so it was a 5 week cycle. So I'm unsure if I'm considered late now, at the regular 4 weeks, or if I should wait another week to get excited in case the 5 weeks is my natural cycle. Ugh! I'm with you! So frustrating!

Its ok Im fairly new to this site too and still learning some of the lingo :) lol but yes cd=cycle day ....ewcm=egg white cervical mucus. Thats supposed to be your most fertile mucus and could mean your ovulating or about to. Its all confusing lol. Id say give your body a little more time since it's only been 2 months off the pill. I think it's normal to be irregular for a couple months until your body gets back into things. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you!

Hello ladies! I have been off bcp (birth control pills) since October 2011, had a normal period right away like you're supposed to, then another one on my own in December. In April and again this month, my period was induced by medications. Two different drs diagnosed me with PCOS. It's not as bad as it sounds, especially if you're still younger when they diagnose you. If you're concerned, it might be best to go to the dr and have them check it out! There are tons of treatment options out there, and it's really not a death wish! Lol. And this way, you can be ready for when you are wanting to actively TTC! Let me know if you have questions, I'd love to help. I'm also new to this website and new to this diagnosis! :)

Hey KLMenke! Thanks so much for your reply! I live in PA and just got hit by hurricane sandy and lost my cable and Internet last night so I havnt been able to reply except on my phone so I'm very sorry for the typos if any lol. We got off bc pill around the same time! I stopped thanksgiving of last year. So almost a year now. My last normal cycle was in January (26 day cycle ) .... From there it's been 32-57! I just got my period about an hour ago actually... This cycle was 38 days :( I've been thinking a lot about PCOS ... What are other symptoms I should know about ? I'm planning on making an Obgyn appointment after this cycle ends I'm just so nervous. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm so stressed out about this all!

I am with you ladies my cycles have always sucked!! We actively tried for 3 and a half year before I fell pregnant with #1 and it turned out I have very very low progesterone so most of the time I didn't ovulate or I ovulated very very late but one thing that helped me a lot was seeing a naturopath, temping and losing weight and staying active but I have put a bit of weight back on well weight I can't lose easily after being pregnant my lo is 10 months and just can't shed that last bit of weight! But this last cycle for me was 41 days and my 2 before were about 33 I think I have just started getting my period back with lo starting to wean from breastfeeding so it's all over the shop! And I agree with the above post a trip to the doc is a good idea if you think you have pcos because there is loads of treatment these days and it will be awful for you to do all this waiting and then find out later that is what happened to me I had every test under the son scan everything with the doctors and the only thing they could find was I have a very low cervix (which mind you was great for labor lol) but it wasn't till I went to a naturopath after 2 and a half years trying and all it took was one blood test the doctor didn't do to tell me that my progesterone was extremely low and a year of herbs later and a bit of a health kick and bam I'm pregnant. I really reccomend temping though it's the best way for ovulation testing I think but that is if your into that kind of thing and the cp (cervical position) is a good one to

Hey Kirstie! Thanks for the advice!! I should probably get my progesterone levels checked too then just in case! I haven't really temped before so I don't know too much about it or really what to look for but I did buy a BBT thermometer just in case I wanted to give it a shot this month. Its good to hear Im not alone with the long irregular periods....its so frustrating isn't it? When you conceived your little one did you ovulate late that month or did you have a normal cycle?

Hi there :)

I'm in the same boat here!

I've had blood tests to measure hormones etc and they have all come back fine which would show my ovaries working fine, i said to the nurse something clearly isn't fine when my cycles sooo irregular.
The nurse said that you can ovulate, if you don't have a 'period' that month its because your not building up any lining, therefore not shedding any.
She said if you do release an egg then it will come out in CM or just stay within you doing nothing, just dying off.

I'm about to have a ultrasound to double check but yeah im thinking the worst due to being so irregular, its kind of nice to know im not alone.

Fingers crossed for everyone, im going to actually start trying around xmas time :) xx

hey loobyloo! Thats kind of why Im worried about going because I also feel that clearly there is something wrong if my cycles are so irregular and don't want to hear that noting is wrong when my body is telling me that something is.

Good luck with your ultrasound and keep us updated! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that nothing is wrong!

It is very very frustrating!!! Some times I wouldn't ovulate till like day 20-22. 2 months leading up to my pregnancy I had perfect normal 28 day cycle ovulated on day 14 and then the month I got pregnant I didn't ovulate till day 19 and we weren't even trying I was just so use to charting I still did it to keep on top of my cycles but we had made a decision to stop trying till after Christmas that year and sure enough we fell pregnant lol.

lol thats how it usually happens...when you decide to stop trying and stop worrying! My "plan" for this month is to not really "try" and just focus more on whats been going on with my body. I bought OPKs to see if Im actually ovulating at all...and the bbt thermometer to get a chart started. Just don't want to stress myself out more with temping/charting etc. though. Off to the doctor when AF is over...and go from there I guess.

Hey KLMenke! Thanks so much for your reply! I live in PA and just got hit by hurricane sandy and lost my cable and Internet last night so I havnt been able to reply except on my phone so I'm very sorry for the typos if any lol. We got off bc pill around the same time! I stopped thanksgiving of last year. So almost a year now. My last normal cycle was in January (26 day cycle ) .... From there it's been 32-57! I just got my period about an hour ago actually... This cycle was 38 days :( I've been thinking a lot about PCOS ... What are other symptoms I should know about ? I'm planning on making an Obgyn appointment after this cycle ends I'm just so nervous. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm so stressed out about this all!

The symptoms that I have are absent/irregular periods (I only have had 2 periods so far in 2012 and they were both from taking medicine to induce them), and people with PCOS have a higher level of androgen, so acne, excess body hair (especially chin or upper lip) are common symptoms. Also glucose intolerance is pretty common also which is why people with PCOS should have a glucose tolerance test done. I did mine today to see if I need to be on any medications for it. If you search PCOS on webmd.com, they have a ton of helpful information for you! I know a ton of women with this condition that have healthy children, so it's not as bad as it sounds. It just makes things more difficult because cycles either have to be induced by medicine, or ovulation is induced, so scheduling when do BD is hard ;) I hope this helps you a little! Did you schedule an appt yet?

I have no idea when I am due because my cycles are so messed up!!!! Wish there was a way to know when you are about to start!!!

thanks KLMenke! I definitely have some of those symptoms...mostly the irregular periods and acne. Ive had bad skin for a long time now.. ugh. I havnt made an appointment yet but I plan on it for either next monday or tuesday if they can get me in so I will definitely keep you posted! thanks so much for your help!

Letbemommy- I understand how you feel! I wasn't sure at all when I was going to get AF this month as my last cycle was 57 days. This one ended up coming on cd38.

Good luck in getting your appointment! Hopefully you will find some answers soon :) keep us updated! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Mine are all over the place, anywhere between 5-11 weeks. Hard to track ovulation, lol. I was hoping after having my dd that it would become a 28 day cycle, as has happened to so many others, but no luck.

thanks KL I appreciate it!!! robinator 5-11 weeks? ohh geez thats long :/ is there anything you've done to try and regulate your periods?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->