• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anybody else worried about the umblical chord?

olivetree83

Jon, Hollie, Olivia, & #2
Reaction score
Does anybody else fear a chord accident?

Last night I kept tossing and turning because I couldn't get in a comfortable position to sleep and I started worrying that I was getting her tangled up in her umblical chord by moving around a lot. Do our movements move them a whole lot or do they have enough room to move around themselves?

I am so worried about strangulation...what are the statistics on this happening...does anybody know?

Does anybody else toss and turn at night? My hips just keep going to sleep so I have to move from one side to the other a lot.

Thanks in advance for your support.

I have not thought about this at all until now! eek, I would think us turning etc would not cause this as that would seem like our body was not designed very well after all! I am sure baby is safe when we toss and turn..

I'm like you, I flip flop from side to side all night because my hips get sore! And I've definitely wondered if it shakes up baby. I've thought about the cord - when I toss and turn, when I reach up to grab something...- but from what I've read problems with the cord & baby are very rare, though I don't remember if I saw any actual statistics. I just remember that even if the cord gets knotted it usually still isn't a problem as long as the knot is fairly loose.

Hey
I dont know for sure, but iv tried swishing about while im using the doppler and it doesnt seem to move LO a huge amount tbh. It reacts to my movements, but i can hear when its moving loads, and me jumping around doesnt have the impact i thought it would- id assumed it would make it move loads, but,from what i can tell, it does react to strong movements, like me coughing hard, but it doesnt make it move as much as id imagined.

Hasnt crossed my mind until now you mentioned it! Would be awful if the baby got strangled :(

Sorry ladies, I didn't mean to open any minds up to more worry. It was just something I thought of. I agree with most of you though that if simply changing positions in bed could harm the baby then we'd be told by our doctor's to lie still for 9 months.

This is my first time around so I'm just unaware of what to do or what to expect. I don't know if things I'm doing are harming the baby like tossing and turning, or reaching up to turn off the fan, etc. It's got my mind going crazy.

It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one who tosses and turns and I'm sure our babies are just fine.

Sorry if I stirred up any problems.

never even thought about it, our bodies are amazing and women have been doing this for thousands of years :flower:

I did a little search on google- not much came up- Im sure its one of those very rare occurences- I dont think that the tossing and turning will cause this- Im a heavy sleeper, and my husband says I move alot when Im sleeping, and Im sure alot of people are like that as well- I say dont really worry about it hun- Try to relax because if you think about it too much then you'll never fall asleep and you'll keep tossing and turning LoL- xoxox

i the babies have plenty of room and are pretty protected normal i think the cord getting around the neck usually happens during labor or baby turning late but not just us moving around :) it may rock baby some but not to bad

i the babies have plenty of room and are pretty protected normal i think the cord getting around the neck usually happens during labor or baby turning late but not just us moving around :) it may rock baby some but not to bad

Thank you, I think you're right. I've more heard of a few chord accident stories when you're close to delivery and there isn't much room for baby to move about in your womb.

I've heard that babies are likely to sleep during the day because your movements rock them to sleep, so when you're sleeping they are up and ready to play so hearing that made me wonder how much of our movements really affect them.

I'll try not to think about it in a negative light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"