anybody else ?

wannabenewmum

Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anybody else has been told they will need to have 7 days of heprin injection after they had baby! I have but to be honest couldnt quite understand the reasons behind as we had a language barrier :-S

I've had heparin injections but for 14 weeks at the start of the pregnancy, so not the same situation but the heparin is a similar thing to aspirin its to thin the blood and prevent blood clotting, not much help sorry :0)

Are you having an elective c section or do you have a history of clotting disorders or blood clots in your family?

I've been on heparin since conception and will stop when I go into labour, then restart it the next day, until 6 weeks after I have had the baby. This is because I have a clotting disorder and your blood is much stickier after childbirth (for around 6 weeks) so that is a high risk time for me.

Ive been told I need that after birth, they are going to give me everything to do from home and ill need to do it for 6 weeks to prevent clotting. He didnt really go into much more detail than that.
Dr said only if it becomes an issue during preganancy will they look into the aftercare plan again

Mine was due to a clotting blood disorder, due to him not having the information whether I carry both genes (Heterozygous ) or one (homozygous) that he wanted to do this as a precaution

i have to have injections for 6 weeks to thin my blood cant remember what its called but i know i have to inject myself - arrrgghhhhh

no i have no known clotting disorders , am planning a normal delivery,i shall be seeing my midwife at 24weeks so i will ask her, just a thought though this is my 5th baby!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->