Anybody got a baby to take a bottle of EBM after they started refusing?

Kess

Reaction score
Just been talking to the HV. I'm desperate for LO to take a bottle of expressed milk again (we introduced the odd one at 6wks fine, but then a few weeks ago he started refusing outright), but HV said once they make their choice it's impossible to change, and that she was glad it was this way and not the other (refusing breast for bottle). Well, so am I, but I'd be much more glad if he'd just take the odd bottle of EBM now and then as his sleep has got worse (didn't think it was possible) and I'm now awake for up to two hours with him feeding each time he wakes me, and he is waking me several times a night. So I'm officially awake more than I'm asleep during the night, and I can't hack it much longer without some respite, hence wanting other people to be able to give him a bottle of EBM. Has anyone successfully convinced a bottle-refusing baby that they should take one? I've tried two types of bottle and faster teats/slower teats, and different people offering the bottle.

Have you tried the habermann feeder - the baby whisperer always reccomends it?? Sorry i have no experience. LO is 4 weeks has had a bottle in the very early days to give formula top ups due to bad jaudice and was happy to use any teat. Haven't had much luck expressing yet but am gonna try again next week. I hope he will still take bottle!

im sorry to say kess that my charlie is 5 months now and still refusing, he would take the odd bottle in the early weeks but gets hysterical now if i so much as put one near him, he wont take a dummy either, never has.
ive bought every bottle, teat and dummy on the market nd try them all for a couple of days then give up, i love breasfeeding but like you im so exhausted, he still wakkes every 2 to 3 hrs and wont settle without boob through the night and he's in bed from about 4am using me as a dummy, last night i thought thats it you are not having me( hes not hungry hes eating 3 meals a days plus as much boobie as he wants) its just habit and comfort now and i was up from 2 til 5am with a screaming baby til i gave in. i get up every morning so down and tired and actually dread going to bed some nights as i know whats in store, it just feels relentless at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->