Anybody had sleep disturbance on zofran?

tessjs

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm 11 wks and a few days and my last week has been hell involving lack of sleep which has spiralled out of control.I have been on zofran 4mg maybe one a day or on my worst days two a day since about weeks 7/8....ms was causing me to not to eat, i didnt vomit incessantly but was very ill with nausea..still am...dry reaching and heaving.

I am getting help with a perinatal team at a hospital and thats all i can say about that.. its been scary

I am asking if anybody been on zofran and had anxiety return if you've been anxious before, cause any sleep disturbances..i am aware its not something they write in the side affects leaflet with it but ever since I had been on it my sleep slowly got worse...

I live in australia and don't know of other anti nausea medications, I have tried ginger, peppermint, small meals snacks, (that does work) but only if my appetite isn't diminished...It becomes diminished if I don't take zofran at least once a day...missed a few days and no appetite.........

My fear is is that zofran may have caused some sleep issues for me even though its not a side effect...

what other medications do they use in australia for MS...?????

Hi all

I'm 11 wks and a few days and my last week has been hell involving lack of sleep which has spiralled out of control.I have been on zofran 4mg maybe one a day or on my worst days two a day since about weeks 7/8....ms was causing me to not to eat, i didnt vomit incessantly but was very ill with nausea..still am...dry reaching and heaving.

I am getting help with a perinatal team at a hospital and thats all i can say about that.. its been scary

I am asking if anybody been on zofran and had anxiety return if you've been anxious before, cause any sleep disturbances..i am aware its not something they write in the side affects leaflet with it but ever since I had been on it my sleep slowly got worse...

I live in australia and don't know of other anti nausea medications, I have tried ginger, peppermint, small meals snacks, (that does work) but only if my appetite isn't diminished...It becomes diminished if I don't take zofran at least once a day...missed a few days and no appetite.........

My fear is is that zofran may have caused some sleep issues for me even though its not a side effect...

It's hard to say if its the zofran causing the sleep issues. Insomnia can be a side effect of almost every drug but insomnia is so common in pregnancy. I'm also on zofran because I couldn't keep food down. The zofran isn't helping me much. I don't feel like eating :( good luck hun.

I should also mention that I'm an insomniac. I don't know what causes my insomnia.

Hi all

It's hard to say if its the zofran causing the sleep issues. Insomnia can be a side effect of almost every drug but insomnia is so common in pregnancy. I'm also on zofran because I couldn't keep food down. The zofran isn't helping me much. I don't feel like eating :( good luck hun.

Ok, yeah I know you said somewhere else that you are insomniac...I haven't ha dit before though...I know its common but my docs are pretty worried with the little sleep I've had in the last few weeks...just thought I'd put it out there on the forum,..,.just tos ee..

Zofran has given me my little appetite back but if I hadn't ha dit I would of been in hospital quite a few times already...

Hi all

Ok, yeah I know you said somewhere else that you are insomniac...I haven't ha dit before though...I know its common but my docs are pretty worried with the little sleep I've had in the last few weeks...just thought I'd put it out there on the forum,..,.just tos ee..

Zofran has given me my little appetite back but if I hadn't ha dit I would of been in hospital quite a few times already...

Can they give you something for sleep? If I wasn't on my medication, I'd never sleep.

Yes but I am a bit upset about and didn't want to discuss it on here.I can PM you if you like...if you don't mind....:)

For nausea the hospital gave me a pack of Zofran. It was the only drug I took, 8 of the pills between July 2 - July 6, 2015. When I completely stopped being able to sleep I went online to search "zofran insomnia" and found others had this reaction too. I stopped taking Zofran right away, but I continued to stay wide away for EIGHT MORE DAYS. When sleep started to return it was in brief slivers and gradually lengthened in time over the next two weeks. Normal sleep did not return until more than a month later. ALSO, I completely lost ALL APPETITE for WEEKS. I lost 20 pounds from this. The thought of any food made me sick.

Most alarming is that I went to the E.R. to seek some sort of sleep aid like Ambien but because "insomnia" is not listed as a side effect of Zofran, the hospital staff suggested I had a psychiatric issue causing the insomnia, and asked if I would speak to the psychiatrist. To rule out that this was my problem I did agree to speak with a hospital psychiatrist, only to find that as soon as I entered that area of the hospital I was actually committed, as in PRISONER of the psychiatric hospital until SIX DIFFERENT STAFF MEMBERS spoke to me and I "passed" their questioning. Had I not answered their question satisfactorily they had the legal power to force me yo stay there and take whatever drugs they prescribed. It was a TERRIFYING experience, like out of the old Soviet Union Stazi police! All because Zofran does not have "insomnia" listed as a side effect.
I am just not recovered to point where I am seeking attorneys to evaluate.

Hi.
Im in Australia too, you can get maxalon instead and see how that goes for you.
Insomnia is actually a pregnancy symptom unfortunately. But it could be the tables although im not really sure as ive never taken them.
I have insomnia before pregnancy but in the 1st tri i actually sleep really well then mid 2nd tri it comes back worse and i get hardly any sleep it's awful.

I hated zofran when I was on that with my son. I know it really helps some, but really messes with others much more.

This time my doctor has me on Diclegis (I'm in the US), and it's working WONDERS for me! I couldn't function to take care of my son or eat anything until I got on this stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->