Anybody have delayed ovulation since taking vit b complex?

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
hi ladies, :wave:

I started taking the vit b complex to lengthen my luteal phase from 8-10days to a healthier number, but since taking them, my ovulation days have been delayed loads...lmy whole cycles have gone wappy to be honest, so i dont know if its me in general or the vits, but worth asking.
This month, i dont even know if i am going to ovulate :cry: lots of ewcm, then today and testerday, its gone creamy ish :shrug:

Thanks in advance.

V xx

Sorry to hear that. I take Vitamin B too but it hasn't delayed my ovulation. It increased my LP by a few days though.

Actually, I started taking a vit B6, b12, folic acid supplement for the first half of my cycle, then stopping for the luteal phase (trying to lengthen my luteal phase as well). This is my 3rd cycle, and this cycle I actually ovulated EARLIER.

In the googling I've done I haven't seen any effect on ovulation, so it shouldn't be the vitamins.

Instead, if your LP is only 8-10 days, you might have an estrogen overabundance, or not enough progesterone - this might cause the earlier O? I would guess that taking progesterone might be a good idea (like a cream, or oil, or a vaginal suppository if your doctor will prescribe one) because this would normally delay your O and would lengthen your Luteal Phase.

I'm no doctor though; I'm only doctor google!

Sorry to hear that. I take Vitamin B too but it hasn't delayed my ovulation. It increased my LP by a few days though.

How long did it take for you to notice a difference? I'm hoping to get a 12-13 LP (I've been between 8-11 days, yuck!)

thanks ladies :thumbup: i had all my blood work done last cycle at 7dpo and all came back ok, prolactin was borderline and progesterone was just below borderline at 19.7 so nothing was drastically wrong there :shrug:...i thought this month was going to be ok, but my ewcm which was loads has virtually gone and its creamy again, like my body geared up for ovulation then decided against it :cry: grrr frustrating as hell :growlmad:

Vitamin B6 screwed up my cycle! I took it on cycle 4 and it delayed my ovulation by 5 days. My LP was still 9. I took it again on cycle 6 and I didn't even ovulate. Not sure what it did for my LP because I've been bleeding off and on for 2 weeks now. Needless to say so have stopped taking it. I have no idea what cycle day I'm on. Haven't had a real period since February. All my tests are BFN....wish I would have never taken it....

ah really, thats interesting, sorry to hear its messed you up! My cycles were wappy before the vitb complex, but put that down to the operation i had had and all the meds i was on afterwards, thats when they changed from my regular, like clockwork 35 day cycles. if my lp doesnt imrove this cycle, i may ditch them and see what happens then...il still take my prenatals which have a small amount in, but not 100mg im currently taking....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->