anybody know why?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by MummyMummy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. MummyMummy

MummyMummy Well-Known Member

as you all know we are going for that house that i mentioned when the estate agent pee'd in the toilet :o anyway as you know i'm a full time mum, mr.man works fulltime - all bills are in his name and go out of his bank. nothing to do with me.

we was told (over phone) we would both have to have credit checks, though i would only have to have a 'partial' check done, but pay full rates.

why will i need a 'partial' check when it's nothing to do with me and tenancy will only be in mr.mans name? is it just to get more money out of us? £90 more money that is!

we are going to go in later and see what they say (they are very very eager to get this house rented out! and have phoned us to ask ifwe are going for it... which estate agents have never done to us before, so hoping they will be willing to just do mr.man to get it rented out. last agents we went with didn't check me as itwas all in mr.mans name) if they insist then we'll just have to not go for it as we don't have an extra £100 floating around.

xXx

2. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

they still have to do checks on u as ur living there even tho ur oh pays the bills! its daft

3. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

Yep they have to do this as you are living there, even though it in his name you are living there and so asume will have some part in playing the bills.

4. MummyMummy

the last estate agent we rented this appartment through didn't bother at all, and they are a very well known high street branch. which is odd, that they'd have diff rules. i don't know why a 'partial' to quote the receptionist for full price is what's needed either? i don't mind paying 'partial' fees for my 'partial' check haha. dunno what they expecting to find on it, i've only had a setee and littlewoods :rofl: and never hadany bills in my name apart from sky :lol: which again is in mr.mans account details

xXx

5. moomin_troll

it is really stupid they wana check u too. with my ex he was payin everything and i didnt have a credit history but they still wanted to check me n wanted to charge full price for it then wanted a garenture(sp) for em even tho my ex was paying EVRYTHING

6. MummyMummy

with estate agent for this appartment when i said i'm a fulltime parent they said i'd need a garuntor and i was like to garuntee i'll pay nothing a month? i can garuntee that myself :rofl: and the manager of the branch was like oh yes i see whatyou mean (as if he'd never heard/thought it before in his life!!) and that was that.

only garantor i'd have is my g/dad... could you imagine the conversation with him 'grandad could you do me a favour and sign a form worth £40 to say if i fail to pay my nothing amount of rent a month you will cover it?' he'd think i was crazy! :rofl:

xXx

7. MummyMummy

i don't know what the cost is so high for full stop, when you can get cred checks for free these days from the net can't you?

xXx

8. moomin_troll

hahaha it is stupid lol