Anybody NOT having the flu jab???

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
I really don't know what to do. The doctors phoned me last week and asked to book me in but I'm terrified of having any injections after loosing the twins.

I'm not one to get colds etc I am usually quite lucky but I'm really unsure about this one.

Is anybody not having it and if so why? Xx

nobody ever mentioned it to me... i dont think i plan on getting it either.

People keep telling me to but i probs wont get it. If you keep warm & drink lots of orange juice which has vitamin C then you'll be okay. :thumbup:

I actually drink lots of orange juice anyway so I'm going to leave it x

Me either! Neither is my son. (He has the other necessary vaccs though) If I get the flu, I get the flu. You're body is made to fight these kinds of things. JMO!

I have never suffered with Flu and never had the flu jab until last week. I was advised to have it as your immune system is supposedly lower during pregnancy and other people said that they had it and everything was fine.

I also work in an open plan office and 3 other people tend to come down with flu and severe colds so i decided to have it.

Each to there own i suppose. I never thought of it until OH mentioned it.

TBH i only had mine cause I work in the NHS so I have a responsibility to get it. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

Me either! Neither is my son. (He has the other necessary vaccs though) If I get the flu, I get the flu. You're body is made to fight these kinds of things. JMO!

This has always been my opinion! I was always taught that the flu is just "one of those things", it's not the bloody black death.

I had the flu last year and it was the first time I'd had it in years, even though I catch colds every 5 minutes. It was horrible I'll admit, but I didn't take anything stronger than paracetamol and cups of tea for it.

I have been a little swayed though since it can be a lot more dangerous to the LO in my belly, it worries me a little.

I had the swine flu jab last time and wish i hadnt and am not having the flu jab this time. Nope no way, my personal choice obviously. lol. Wont give it to my daughter either.

I have had the flu before, and it's not nice at all. If you think you feel bad when you have a cold, it's nothing compared to that. You literally feel like you are going to die, totally awful. This is the first time I've ever had the flu jab in my life, but do far I've not had any other side effects than a sore arm. I wasn't going to get it, but I've heard so many horror stories of people who have lost their babies and even their lives from catching the flu that I, personally, didn't think it was worth the risk.

I don't mean to be rude, so sorry if it sounds that way. It's up to you to make your choice. I just didn't want to risk it. If I had never had flu before I probably wouldn't have gotten it either. It was just awful and I didn't want to go through that again.

XxX

I had Swine Flu two years ago and it was very unpleasant. Trolls lived in my forehead and banged their clubs incessantly! But I don't think it is worse than any other proper flu. IMO the name is just there so that the pharma companies can scare us and get more money. That said, my gran got the flu shot three times and each time she got severely ill immediately afterwards, even getting pneumonia in the end! So I am reluctant to get the jab as I never had it in my life and I haven't had the flu since I was a child (with the exception of the swine flu)

its not even been mentioned to me i mentioned it to my doc and he said i was fine not havin the jab

I havent gotten it yet but I'm required to get it because I'm high risk and have medical problems. Sucks.

No, it hasn't been proven safe enough in my opinion, and if you read any medical journals you'll see how much the risks outweigh the benefits. My Mother in law is a surgeon, and she said none of them get it because they know better. Makes me feel bad for the uninformed general public (most people either don't know about public access to medical journals and results, or think to check them for what they're getting.) I also always check the public vaccine adverse event reporting system. Its co-sponsored by the center for disease control. https://vaers.hhs.gov/index

Don't plan on it, I've never had one my whole life.

I had Swine Flu two years ago and it was very unpleasant. Trolls lived in my forehead and banged their clubs incessantly! But I don't think it is worse than any other proper flu. IMO the name is just there so that the pharma companies can scare us and get more money. That said, my gran got the flu shot three times and each time she got severely ill immediately afterwards, even getting pneumonia in the end! So I am reluctant to get the jab as I never had it in my life and I haven't had the flu since I was a child (with the exception of the swine flu)

Poor Grandma! Unfortunately, you really have to dig to get any information regarding the adverse reactions from the actual vaccine. The CDC will not give you an exact number on how many deaths occur from the actual flu each year, but they legally have to tell you how many people die or have life threatening adverse reactions to the vaccine put out. This was the information they provided from flu vaccine last year:

• Of the 8200 adverse reaction reports, 604 were reports that were classified as “serious” health events (defined as life threatening or resulting in death, permanent disability, birth defect, hospitalization, or extension of an existing hospitalization)*.

Pretty scary, if you ask me. Equally scary that no one can provide a number that recants how many people die of the flu and the flu alone (since this seems to be a general argument- "people die from the flu!") Apparently, they also die from the flu vaccine. Not a risk im willing to take, that's for sure.

I'm not getting it. Not enough research goes into it in my opinion. If it was completley safe, your dr/midwife would say so. I'm petrified of getting the flu knowing what problems it can cause and how horrendous it can make you feel. Think I may hibernate now and avoid anyone with so much of a sniffle!!x

My oh has researched it for about 12 months and is against it. He actually recorded something about it which he made me watch. They inject a small amount of the flu virus so your antibodies fight it but it's the other crap they put in it. I had flu when I was 18 ( a long time ago) so I know how bad it is but I do have a good immune system and don't seem to pick things up x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->