Anybody on daily Clexane injections?

doodlegirl

Reaction score
Hi,

just would like to know if anybody has to go through this too. I had my first injection yesterday and was very hysterically, i hate needles but i am ok if a nurse does it. But to inject myself and into my belly was much worse than i thought it would have been. Anybody? x

Yes, I'm meant to be on warfarin (life long) but am on clexane during pregnancy.
Was on one a day from BFP until 20 weeks now I have to split my dose and do one in the morning and one in the evening.

I really don't like it and hated it to start (still not a fan of needles or my bloods being taken (every 4 weeks to monitor FBC) but really just had to suck it up and do it :-(

Most days it's fine, sometimes it stings. I make sure to alternate sides and top/bottom to try and minimise bruising etc, pinch and do it.

You can do it in your thigh or bum but I've not mastered that and prefer my tummy.

Xx

Hi,

I can see you are almost at the end, congratulations :)

It must be awful to inject twice a day. I am hoping I will get used to it as I was seriously proper hysterical, like holding the syringe in my hand and crying:'I can't do it, I can't do it, sorry, I cant do it'. Then my OH tried to take it saying :'Let me just do it' and me screaming back: ' NOOO, you dont know how!!!' It took me good 10 minutes and then I just did it, and broke down after lol.

I found courage to do it all by myself today as my OH is out and i found it a bit easier. The point is not to mess around and just do it. I must sound like a real whimp lol.
I admire you for doing it without problems.
oh and I would say it also hurts more than I thought and the bruises coming with it? Oh gosh, I think I would be better into my thighs and bum, I think its the fact that its belly that's making me so crazy.

Bless you, it's crap to start with, I agree you literally just have to grit your teeth and do it, it's not so bad if you can do that.

No reason why you can't do it in your thighs or bum if that's where you're most comfortable doing it. I tried it but prefer doing it in my tummy, my son sometimes helps me with the plunger and is so gentle :)

Thanks, I'm starting to get excited and nervous now lol.

Hope your pregnancy goes well :) xxx

I'm on fragmin twice a day. I have to say, I find it much less painful in my stomach than in my thigh.
I also sort of gently poke where I intend to inject first and if it is a sensitive spot I go somewhere else. To stop the burning sensation of the liquid the best thing to do is to inject very very slowly. It can take me up to a minute some days! Also, don't let go of the pinch until you have completely finished and the needle is out.

It sounds crazy at first but you really do get used to it. You'll be 'shooting up' in the car, restaurant toilets and changing rooms before you know it :haha:

The initial panic is totally normal. I remember when I had to start. They told me I was lucky to be alive, I said yeah yeah. Then they said I had to give myself injections and I became hysterical. Impossible! I wouldn't allow dh to do it (He's too nice! I argued) so in the end they had to arrange for community nurses to come to my house and give me the injections. I learned, though, and though still a needle phobe at heart I'm fine with these. You will feel much better about it very soon. Be proud of yourself for managing by yourself already! You can do this :hugs:

Definitely prefer my tummy too. I've learnt where the sensitive spots are and avoid them like the plague! It might not be so bad to let your hubby learn to do it. I've had family do it including kids as it's very easy and you might prefer it. I'd rather do it myself though.
Good luck!

Yep in on clexane too. Was on it with my last pregnancy too. It def gets easier I don't like it but able to just get on with it without thinking now x

That's very comforting to know that somebody else is going through the same and to hear that it gets easier, I just did my third injection and I was not crying anymore, however it still took me a while to finally get it in. I can see that you are all pregnant, massive congratulations to you all, I wish I was at least 2 weeks more and knew if my pregnancy is viable. I have no symptoms, literally NO at all. Anyway just have to wait and see. Thank you all for you replies. xxx

Keeping my fingers tightly crossed that it works out and you get a rainbow baby. I had 4 1st tri losses before I was put on clexane, asprin and folic acid. My 1st preg on medication resulted in my dd and this pregnancy seems to be ok too.

Oh Doodle :hugs: You'll get your rainbow!
I totally understand the fear (this is my eighth pregnancy) but this treatment has worked for many many women. Do whatever you need to do to get through the next few weeks and then hopefully it'll be plain sailing until you have your bubba in your arms :cloud9:

Hiya :)

How are you getting on? I'm on daily Clexane injections. I find if I just do it quickly and don't give myself time to think I'm ok. I also find my legs so much easier than my stomach!

You do it quickly?! OMG, doesn't that burn like hell afterwards?
They have just increased my dose by a third so now I'm even slower...

I do the needle quickly but the actual clexane slowly. Otherwise it stings!!

Hi ladies, with all honesty I still hate the injections but get on with it. I find this pg very hard, I feel very ill all the time and its hard just to get through each day.hopefully it means baby is growing strong and healthy and clexane was what we needed. had 2 scans so far with hb.i booked a private one for tomorrow which is around the time we lost hb last time so quite a milestone. otherwise I dont get such big bruises anymore and also know my less painfull spots.i also do it rather slow and petitpas gosh increased dose must be annoying.

Oh doodle, fingers crossed for tomorrow! Fxfxfxfx
I've been much sicker with this pregnancy than with my son. The sickness and tiredness was incredibly debilitating. Things have finally eased off now although I still get nauseous quite often. Hopefully, it won't last past first tri for you and you will feel much better afterwards!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

I do the needle quickly then the syringe slowly.

Hi everyone, I'm on a daily dose of fragmin. Been taking it since my first bfp been put on it after 4 misscariages. Hopefully the daily dose of fragmin and asprin equal a rainbow baby :)

Good luck at your scan tomorrow

Welcome in our injecting club picksbaby. sorry about your losses, hopefuly you will have your rainbow baby. Ladies I need to tell you that I have just found a nice strong fast heartbeat on my crappy pocket doppler. im not afraid of the scan tomorrow and im starting to feel more positive about this pg. im really starting to think that this treatment is an answer for us. I will let you know tomorrow. thank you for being here. you are the best x

Doodlegirl ah wow! That's amazing and you found it so early! What Doppler do you have?

I'm soo scared of my scan tomorrow I'm expecting them to say something's not ok and I doubt I would see a heartbeat at 5weeks 4days it's making me panic!!

Is there anything I can do to stop the bruising I pinch my tum, I push it in as slow as can be but sometimes the injection get stuck and you do have to give it a big push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->