Anybody trying for a particular gender?

ricschick

Proud mummy of 6!
Reaction score
hi i was just wondering really as i would like a boy this time round but honestly am very happy to have another girl as how lucky would i be to have 4 girls. but i thought id give it a whirl lol:thumbup: so im taking pottasium and EPO as there meant to make my enviroment :blush:down there:blush: more alkaline and more boy sperm friendly. anyone else doing anything??:hugs: or have any tips?

This would make a very interesting thread if we could follow people's stories and see if they actually did get what they were trying for!
When I first started ttc #4 I had in mind that I would kind of follow the shettles method to try for a second daughter. I already have 2 boys aged 15 and 11 and my daughter is 6 so thought bedroom sharing and clothing hand-me-downs etc would be more convenient if I had another girl. However, 7 cycles along and I would be very very grateful for another little boy thank you very much. The gender is not an issue for me anymore.....Just getting pregnant is the issue!!!!!!! Boy/girl Blonde/Brunette, Blue/Brown eyes............... yes please ANY WILL DO!!!!!!!!

You are so lucky having 3 little girls, I love the whole pink thing and can obviously relate to my daughter more but as for loving her more...NO WAY!!!

Best of luck trying for a wee man. I have read that doing it "doggie style" helps and BDing as close to ovulation as poss.
Keep us informed I'm very curious to see if this works!!! xxx

i think it would be nice to have a boy as we dont have one but id be just as pleased with another little girl, im not going to be obsessed with it we will still bed when we want and stuff but thought id take the vits anyway wont do no harm.

i hope you get your bfp vv soon xxxxxxx

Hi, i am trying for another girl. I have 1 girl and 1 boy but would love another girl. I found a really good website that tells you all about what you can to to help you gender sway. diet, supplement, tips and advice. If you don't know about it i can give you the web site if you want to take a look.x.

Hello!

Please could you tell me what the shettles method is?

thanks x

I would love a girlie but i dont know how to influence this??

any information welcome

hi i was just wondering really as i would like a boy this time round but honestly am very happy to have another girl as how lucky would i be to have 4 girls. but i thought id give it a whirl lol:thumbup: so im taking pottasium and EPO as there meant to make my enviroment :blush:down there:blush: more alkaline and more boy sperm friendly. anyone else doing anything??:hugs: or have any tips?

rics,
My mom had 5 of us girls all 3 years apart my dad didnt stand a chance.

I would love a girlie but i dont know how to influence this??

any information welcome

i think :sex: a few days before ovulation can help as the girl sperm live longer and the boy sperm die off sooner.

We're hoping for a girl but will be thrilled either way. Secretly we're hoping for the long shot of twins, lol.

We're hoping for a girl but will be thrilled either way. Secretly we're hoping for the long shot of twins, lol.

lol me too

Wen I started trying I was adamant I wanted a girl, but since my mum had 6 girls then finally a boy, and my sister just found out shes expecting her second girl, I think I want a boy to even out the sides abit!!! Also, I already have a boys name picked, and can't decide between 3 girls names, so a boy please!!!!

This would be my first so I don't care what I get. I guess if I had a bunch of girls, I would want a boy and vice versa.

i dont really mind, as long healthy. ov deep down i spose i would like a little gurl, cos could dress her in dresses and pink and all cute pink things etccc lol, but ov i would love a little boy too and be happy. x

I want a little girl and OH finally said he wanted a little girl. But right now, I don't care what gender the baby is! I just want a baby!

I have two girls already and OH has a daughter with an ex partner so i guess we would secretly hope for a boy but not too worried , as long as he/she is fit and healthy...and comes along asap!

I want a healthy baby!! Twins would be great!! but the gender doesn't matter

We're sort of trying for a girl but don't mind either way. DH has a daughter (23) and son (21) from his first marriage. I have a daughter (16) and a son (15) from my first marriage and 3 sons (8, 5, & 10 months) from my marriage now.

So that's 2 girls and 5 boys between us. A girl would be nice to even things up.

Getting pregnant (which I'm finding hard this time for whatever reason) is our plan from next month. This month we tried the Shettles method for having a girl. Don't know if it's worked yet as only 5 days post OV but if it hasn't, we will let that go next month and just go for it. :winkwink: Seems a shame to let another egg go to waste. I'm not getting any younger! :wacko:

So basically, we tried the timing of BD'ing to a few days before OV. I think we may have timed it too early. According to FF, I OV a day later than I thought I had. We BD'd that day thinking it was okay. So either the little girl sperm were still alive and kicking and up there waiting for the egg first, or it was too late for them and the little boy sperm got there in time OR they missed the egg. Aarrgghhh. So much easier to just do it on OV day and hope for the best. :baby:

Boys are wonderful and give the BEST cuddles so if I end up having more boys, I will be sooo happy. Would be nice to buy some pink things for a change but I'll take whatever comes.

I have a wonderful boy and am desperately going after a baby girl. Every mother should have her little princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->