**Anybodys LO Had a Fever Then Seizure??**

Hollys_Twinny

Reaction score
Sooo last night Morgan Had a constant fever through the night....I was so worried I barely got a winks sleep :( I kept thinking he wasgoing to have a fit :( I stripped him down to his nappy and sponged him down with luke warm water....gave him calpol.. and water to drink..even opened a window..and he was STILL boiling:nope:

Then he started shivering which freaked me out..!

Just wondered if anybody has experienced similar...and how the hell do i cope??

thanx for reading

x

Usually febrile seizures happen because the temp spikes so quickly, not if they have the temp come up slowly and then have it for awhile. It CAN happen just with a high fever but that's not how it usually happens. I would try and keep him dressed in light clothes, if you strip him down he's going to feel cold even though his temp is high and his body will try and warm itself up...which is going to raise it even more. Give tylenol or ibuprofen if it's 102 or higher. And just make sure he stays hydrated. As long as he isn't lethargic or having any other serious symptoms I wouldn't be too worried. We've had to deal with quite a few fevers with the boys and that's always what the hospital and pediatrician says to us :)

We went though something like that with seth when he was about your LOs age. He went really hot suddenly and fel asleep and kept like twitching. DH had gone out to get ibuprofen and I was shitting myself lol he was fine though

Advice above sounds just fine :) We used a damp cloth to wipe his face down too (not freezing cold, just like room temp) because he was sweating too. Someone correct me if thats not right though. Also lots of water & calpol/ibuprofen (we found nurofen worked better on a temp than calpol).

Hope you're both ok, think it's worse for us than them lol x

My eldest daughter now 9 had febrile seizures everytime her temp peaked at 103.

My heart was in my mouth everytime she had 1.

The worst 1 was one Saturday morning, she was very groggy, i took her dummy out of her mouth and she vomited everywhere and started seizing, i honestly thought she was dying, I was a young Mum i was only 17 so i panicked.

I called an ambulance and she had a temp of 104 and a sort of spotty rash, they gave her rectal diazapam and she was observed for the day.

Turns out the rash was Chickenpox which triggered the quick rise in her temp.

She had them every so often but they were very mild, best thing i did was a cool bath, flannel to the head and good old Nuerofen. She last had one when she was 4 yrs old.

If any seizures last for more than 5 mins call an ambulance.

I dont want to scare i just want to give you all the info i have, febrile seizures are the bodies way of cooling down and cause no long term effects to children.

Loads of hugs. Hope you LO gets better ASAP.:hugs:

V xxx

Thanx ladies!!

He's been well through the day just dribbling and chewing loads so I definatly think its teething :( poor sod! but as the evenings kicking in so is his high temp :( so im on hold to NHS DIRECT...as I'm not sure its supposed to last this long.

Looks like its another night of BABYTV for us both( not that I mind...just want him well again)

Thanx again!!

x

Katie ended up in hospital after a sezuire due to high temp its so scary her eyes rolling in back of her head ...Turned out she had a septic tonsilitus ....Hope ur lo gets better soon xxx

exactly what v2007 said my daughter had them evry time she got a temp till she was 5 shes 13 now they grow out of them or sometimes they will only ever do it once i got told its the brains way of cooling them down so they dont get so hot n cause any damage its very scarey at the time but it usually dosent last too long my daughter had quie a few n she is fine

Was he just shivering or did he fit? You need to call 999 if he fits and doesn't usually have epilepsy.

You can give childrens paracetamol as well as ibuprofen at the same time to bring it down a bit quicker.

My daughter once had a fit because of a very high temp, I'd only given her paracetamol as I thought I would give her ibuprofen a bit later but wished I'd given them both togeather:dohh:. Even if the child is shivering you need to strip them off and cool them down with a cool damp flannel and cold drinks or ice pops:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->