Anyone 2nd pregnancy - MORE scared of labour??

T

Tilly

Any of you in your 2nd or more pregnancy, thats MORE scared of giving birth this time?

I was scared the first time, but I always thought if feel calmer and more prepared for the next because id already done it once.. but I don't, im shitting myself!! lol Every ache and pain gets me hyperventilating and worrying about what could go wrong and if im going to tear/have c-section.

Always thought the not knowing about the pain would be worse, but I think it's tougher knowing whats coming to you lmao.

:shrug:

This is me! what can we do about it? was your first birth really bad? mine wasn;t brill, i just can;t see how i'm going to do it again????

how long you got left?

I am on my third and I am in the same camp as you. Worse when you know what to expect IMHO :cry:

Yep i'm in this gang, My 1st labour was hell & nearly lost him & i wasn't worried about it all leading up to it.
Because of that though i didn't want any more kids so i didn't have to go through it all again, I was petrified!
Of course here i am again & the inevitable will happen & at the moment i'm trying my hardest NOT to think about it until it happens... Just talking about it now has me sweating & clammy !

Not scared of the labor, but of the C-Section recovery! I had a c-section last time after 18 hours of labor, and the recovery was so much more painful then I could have imagined! I'm so nervous about it cause I'm having another c-section and I am terrified of the recovery pain. It's just awful and I want to BF so no good painkillers (the stuff they gave me last time helped, but I wanted something stronger for sure!), I remember crying a lot from the pain and just walking 10 feet to the bathroom was hell, felt like I was being ripped in half every-time I moved at all! Everyone handles pain differently but my pain tolerance is sooo low.

I think it makes complete sense to be more scared the second time around! I know I'm going to be more afraid. On one hand I'll know what to expect, but on the other I will worry obsessively about how I'm healing and fret over getting infections etc

yep I'm also more scared this time too. I was only 19 when I had my first and I was scared because I didn't have a clue what to expect, my daughter is now 16 and I never expected to have any more and I can honestly say that ignorance is definitely bliss as even after all this time I haven't forgotten that burning pain so I am crapping myself now and every little ache I'm thinking oh God not yet!!

I wasn't scared at all the first time, so.. we'll see next time!

You'll be fine Tilly x

Tbh i wasnt that scared the first time (which sound odd i know!) the labour was quite bad and i had a c-section, so i'm having another one. I was just sat down the other night and it popped into my head in less than 15 weeks i'm going to have another baby in the house!!!! I am now S******g myself (soz language) I dont mind that im having another c-section, it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, i thinks its the fact i have an 19 months old at home as well and its going to be hard work:wacko:

I wouldnt say am more scared... maybe anxious, i do feel prepared.
I much much prefer going into labour as first time mum, and going into the unknown, rather than knowing fine well how much this is going to hurt.... again! LOL

hehehe it doesnt get any easier,Im having baby #4 and still really nervous about giving birth,I think its a normal reaction but the thing to keep on telling yourself is that once its all over you wont remember the pain you were in.

lol I keep trying to think to myself that i've been through it once before and I will get over it. The thing is, I didn't have a bad labour last time, natural and not too much pain relief.. but it was very very painful and I suppose thats what scares me lol. I guess I will just have to get over it, because shes got to come out one way or another.

My next thread like this will probably be about the first poo after birth and how it feels exactly like giving birth again.:happydance:

thinking about it again...i read NO birth stories before giving birth last time, i made a point of it.. i knew it was going to hurt, i didn;t want to read about it!!! lol. since giving birth, i've read LOADS of birth stories and have seen that ladies can have a really fulfilling experience, whilst still getting some pain obviously! i just want my second one to be like that i suppose. (rather than hell on earth, taking me 6 months to get over it!!!):blush:

I'm not too SCARED yet, as its very early on for me... but I am nervous. I really want a VBAC this time. I've had my heart set on it since I had my c-section last time, and I am worried about whether its the right decision or not. VBAC has its risks, but so do C-sections... and then again do I really want to put my perfectly intact va-ja-jay threw all that if I can just go in and one two three be done? I just worry if I am making the right choice. ITs a hard decision. What if I am the 1% that does have uterine rupture and I DIE and leave behind 2 children??? ACK. That alone freaks me out.

My doctor is supportive of VBACs, but only semi supportive in my case. I was failure to progress last time, which is her LEAST favorable candidate for VBAC, but she said she would let me try (assuming all else is okay towards the end and there are no medical reasons not to try). I would have to go into labor on my own by 41 weeks though, or a c-sec is a must... as they won't let me go longer than that.

Its all pretty scary.... hard to decide. Guess I have a long time to think about it though. 35 weeks to go...

I am....my 1st wasn't really bad but now I keep thinking I'm gonna have a c-section and I'm terrified....

Completely!! NOw i know what I'm in for. I had a pretty good birth too. 2 and 3/4 hrs, minimal tearing etc. It was just the feeling of being trapped in a hell you can't get away from no matter what you do. I remember feeling like it was so barbaric to have to give birth. In saying that, I'm trying for another drug free birth. I don't know if somehow I'm being sane and sensible or stupid as hell.

I am more affraid of the pain after giving birth. I wouldnt let the doctors give me the one stitch they said I needed because it hut soooooo much. Oh and having a pee for the next week..... I used to cry when I needed to go!

hell yes, i was petrified of giving birth with my 2nd, didnt even give it a second thought with my first. for me i think it was more being afraid that i wouldnt know if i was in labour or not. this time i am bricking it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->