• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone 44 and TTC naturally?

Hopefully5

Reaction score
:hi: I just joined the forum after spotting the over 35s TTC area.

I am 44 and have three teenagers from a previous relationship and a toddler with my DH of 4 years. We decided recently to try for another baby and are keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed that we will be lucky. DS was conceived after we stopped trying after I had two early miscarriages - got pregnant first time of trying with both of these.

Anyone else in their mid-40s TTC or successfully pregnant without any 'outside help'. Or with an older DH - mine is 52!!

Hope to hear from you.....

Hi Hopefully!

I wanted to give you a warm welcome! I'm not exactly in your shoes. I'll be 41 in May and OH is 42. I haven't been pregnant since 99, but I have 3 children from a previous marriage. My OH and I have been "trying" since August, but have never seen a BFP unless it was after the time alotted for the test which doesn't count! Up to this cycle we have been ttc naturally with just the addition of folic acid to my daily vitamin. This cycle I'm taking DHEA and will supplement with B complex after ovulation. Next cycle I am going to try soy iso's if this one doesn't bring a BFP.

Anyway, welcome and bucket loads of baby dust to you!

hi,im also 44,only by a week lol,have 4 children from previous marriage.been trying for over 2 yrs with my oh who has no children and is 34 yrs,got bfp last cycle but lost it:cry:so far this cycle no af as yet,but getting bfn on cheap poundland strip tests,im cd29.lots of luck to you.:hugs:

Hi.welcome,I have just joined the forum too:hugs:.I an 43,will be44 in June,have four kids and have had nine miscarriages.been trying now for a year with no success:nope:,take high dose folic acid ,aspirin,vit b and using the clear blue ovulation monitor,good luck.xxxxxxxxx

hi im 43 ttc naturally again after loss & mc last march tak agnus castus eve primrose vit b complex .gd luck.sue.xx

Hello, I turned 43 in January. I tried for almost two years. Got pregnant in July lost baby in September. Used Instead Cups from CVS. Got pregnant first time trying this product. It keeps the spermies in there I guess.. I would put them in after BD then take them out in morning..

Hi babyanise, hope you get some good news soon. The waiting's the killer for me, we missed last month's chance while we were deciding whether to go for it or not, now we are waiting to see if anything has happened this month!
Good luck!

Desperado167 Thanks for sharing your story, sorry to hear of your losses, good luck for this year.

Seaview24 and Garnet thanks for your replies. I hope this is a great year for all us older mums who are TTC!

:dust:

Sorry for short replies, got a hungry toddler racing round - breakfast time here in Oz!

Hello to everyone who has replied and thanks!

Sometimes I feel sooooo old (like this morning, DS had been up half the night) but then other times I feel like I did when I was 34. Since AF returned after DS was born my cycle has been quite regular and, according to the OPKs I have used, I seem to be ovulating regularly, so I am very hopeful that we may get lucky at some point. It is good to know that I am not the only 'older' mum trying again! Sometimes I wonder what I am trying to do, I never thought about it with DS, he was a surprise and I just got straight into the morning sickness bit, planning for it seems very different! I have been taking folic acid for a while now, just incase we decided to go ahead with TTC.

Have any of you set a time limit for TTC? Are you going to keep going until you are successful? I'm not sure DH will go for that - he is already ancient!

I met an older mum this morning, not sure how old, but she looked quite a bit older than me :haha: She has 5 kids, 20, 19, 18, 5 and 10 months. Gave me a boost and a bit of hope, didn't mention that we are trying for another, but may have another chat next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"