Anyone a single mom?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Skywalker, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I'm not currently but it's possible in the future I may be. Just looking to hear some stories/reassurance and share some hugs with single moms? :hugs:

2. nugget80

nugget80 Well-Known Member

Not any more but my ex left me with girls when they were 2 & 3... I was on my own for 6 years... It is tough but very satisfying...! Friend of mine was a single mum from start and i know she preferred it that way! Whatever happens you will be fine x

3. sun

sun Mum of 3

I'm not, but I have 2 friends who were single mums by choice. They are fantastic parents. I agree with above - whatever happens you and LO will be fine. You need to do what is best for you and LO.

4. yourstruly10

yourstruly10 Well-Known Member

I left my ex husband when my girls were 1.5 and 6 months. Best decision I ever made. We had some struggles and money was always very tight but I worked hard to get to a place where I knew the girls were safe and happy and eventually met my current fiancé and life couldn't be better.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'm single and my baby girl is now 4.5 months. Its just me and baby 24/7, but I love it! I actually don't find it all that hard, but I've always been single and used to doing things on my own. Plus I'm lucky in that I don't have to work outside the home and I know that makes it easier. If you do end up single with this baby, I know you'll do just fine!

6. rubysoho120

rubysoho120 Soon to be mama of 2

My mom was a single mom. She has 3 girls. We are a very close family. Always happy, always had what we needed. And still to this day we are all close. My mom and I hang out every day.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your posts! They make me feel so much better and stronger and more positive about doing this single, if I have to <3 :hugs:

8. MissRhead

MissRhead Well-Known Member

Me! :) Ive been a single mum now for nearly 4 years and am about to do it all over again pm me if you ever need to chat