Anyone already know they'll be having a section?

-Hug-

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Anyone else in the same boat as me and are pretty sure they'll end up with section after a previous birth or health problem? How do you feel about it? I am totally split about it. I had a very ineffective labour lsat time and my body just didn't do anything. I was induced and only dilated from 2cm when I arrived to 2.5cm when I was taken down for my emergency section. DS just didn't tolerate the labour at all and they kept losing his heartbeat! In the end he got distressed so it was all a bit of a whirlwind!

I was told I would not be induced again (basically syntocin doesn't agree with me) and they don't leave someone who has had a previous section to go overdue (thank god lol) so basically if I don't go into labour before 39 weeks it will be a section again!!! You do feel like you've failed as a woman coz you can't even give birth normally but at the same time I know what to expect from a section and I will know my baby's birthday from around 28 weeks!

Sorry, hope I haven't scared any first time mummies, I really haven't heard of many people who can't tolerate syntocin so I wouldn't worry, I'm just weird.

Anyone in a similar position?

I had a tube removed via three incisions, one of which is the normal c section incision so I am not too sure what will happen.

I have had previous problems with epidurals when I had knee surgery (sounds odd, but true). I didnt respond and it made my BP ridiculously low, to the point of passing out, so I am not sure.

Part of me wants to try a natural birth from the womanly point of view, however my stomach is a bit of a patch work quilt, so I will do whatever is recommeded. XX

I'm not having a section but I've just realised I know you from another forum :)

Nice to see someone else over here too!

xx

Ohhh hi!!! :D I wonder how many BE ladies are actually here! I've got a different name here so well hidden. Good on you finding me! Tehe!

It was the post that did it, but your secret is safe with me :) Hi back! How are you doing? x

I had an emergency section and I've been given the option to have one again... This will also be reconsidered later with my doctor as my induced labor was very ineffective as well and they aren't planning on letting me go overdue as my daughter and I both had serious infections during and after her birth

I had an emergency section last time, and have opted to have one this time.
I don't at all feel that I have 'failed as a woman'. To me the important thing is that I'm OK, and I end up with a healthy baby.

I was induced last time, and did labour to fully dilated but Freya just wasn't going anywhere. My midwife told me that because I got to fully last time there is a good chance I could deliver naturally this time, however, I have weighed up the risks both ways, and decided that for me the best option is another section.

I've had 2 c-sections and am contemplating about #3. I'm not even sure my doc will do a vba2c. Our 1st appt is Friday so I will be discussing the plan. I have been researching the risks of repeat c-sections vs. vaginal after c/s. It would be nice to know the exact day barring any troubles.

I have already had 2 and will be having another one. I am definately nervous about this one though as I had a harder recovery with my second :wacko:

hey i had an crash section with my son, i was bleeding 2 death!scary:wacko: im pregnant again and im deffently having a section this time! as long as my baby is healthy thats the main thing xx

I had one with my daughter due to not progressing and her heart rate dropping with contractions and talked about having another one this time too. After finding out I'm having twins...I'll definately be having one.

I'm 99% sure this little one will come out via the sun-roof too.
I have 2 uteruses with 2 cervix and 2 vaginas, when I went into labour with Alex instead of being pushed out he was being turned around and around. So, c-section it was.
Was pretty depressed for a while afterwards, on one hand so,so,so happy to have a healthy baby but I did feel like a failure too. The thing is, I have never for a second thought that when another woman has had a c-section that that person was a failure. It was so confusing. I'll be more prepared this time so hopefully this will help!

I had an emergency section last time and would prefer another this time too. I've had 3 natural births so i certainly know i'm not missing out on anything lol.

i will be having a 3rd c section. to be honest i'm happy about it, when i went into labor with dd i never dialated completely. i stalled at 4 cm and my water had already broken. and she was 9lbs 8 oz. anyways, from being in labor with her i know that i hated it and have no desire to do it again. and i will know what day the baby will be born on ahead of time so i can arange to have someone watch the other kids

I am due to see my consultant to discuss my options when I am weeks.

I had an Emergency c/s with my first. I laboured okay and dilated well. I pushed for two hours and she didn't move and her heart rate started to drop and not recover quickly enough. They took me to theatre and did a trail by forceps which didn't work either. She was still very high up.Then I had a C/S.

I am hoping that they'll give me the choice and if they do I think I'll opt for a section. And I also have very mixed emotions about it. The sense of failure afterwards was overwhelming. It was one of the reasons I was so determined to breast feed...you know kinda..I failed at giving birth but I will succeed at beasteeding.

I don't view a section as the easy option at all. I would rather deliver myself but I want the least risky option for my baby.

Alex

Thanks everyone! You've all made me feel better just knowing I'm not alone. A lot of your stories sound similar to mine too which is reassuring! My SIL is having a section next week due to a very traumatic first delivery and being allergic to the preservatives they put in blood she can't get a transfusion! Scary stuff! I'll see how she gets on and see if it brings any memories back. Hope we all havent scared off any first timers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->