Anyone any ideas on how to think positive?

SleepyBaby

Reaction score
hey :)

Atm i feel like everything is gonna go wrong, thats atm, maybe in an hour ill be sure its all ok, my thought process is broken!

Im staying away from pregnancy tests, got 2-3 on digital and decided to stop testing, cause its not cheap at all!! but now im getting worried and think if i pee on a test ill be ok about it again!

BUT if i do pee on a test ill over think it, ill look at it upside down and back to front and unless its 3+ weeks on a digital or really bold lines i know ill freak which is wrong because all tests arre different and the dates on digital are like 90% ?

I know symptoms go and come this early and they have been doing so, when they come i think " maybe i feel sick because i ate to much/ ate wrong thing" and i still worry im not getting symptoms! when they are not here im thinking " they never where" which i KNOW is wrong but i believe differently, like when you go out and you know you turned the cooker off and locked the door... but did you check, are you sure??

How do you keep a Positive mental attitude?

Hey I would say try keep busy! I never had to really experience early pregnancy last time as well I didn't know I was pregnant till I was over two months gone and then had my first scan very soon after etc etc but this time round I found out very early and I did do a bunch of tests within the first two weeks of finding out :blush: just to make sure! :dohh: so I now know how crazy it can drive you this early pregnancy malarkey! :haha: like I said try keep busy and hopefully the days will pass quicker then and soon enough you will be getting your first appointment , first scan, first time hearing baby's heartbeat etc and that's when the fun begins! Haha for me anyways when it comes to 16 weeks was the first time I felty first baby move and I got a bump that's when it all started getting exciting for me and less stressful as I could feel baby move so I knew he was okay all the time and also the 20 week scan is really one to look forward to! Possibly finding out baby's gender then being able to start baby shopping! You'll soon find the days flying by! I would really just say try keep busy just now and before you know it the exciting times will come then it will just fly by! :hugs:

It's hard! I felt fie til some bleeding yesterday and now I'm worrying constantly. What will be will be, and I'm sure you'll be fine! I was planning to do a CB Digi last night then leave it at that, but the shop was selling twin packs of them 2 for 1! So I ended up with 4!

I am in exactly the same boat as you hun, I am absolutely paranoid something is going to go wrong, to the point where I can't relax! Constantly symptom checking, running to the loo etc. I've taken 4 tests in 5 days and I've run out so I am refusing to allow myself to buy any more!!! I'm finding it hard to go with the whole 'everything happens for a reason' mindset :(

I hope you are able to find something to enable you to relax soon hun, but you aren't alone xxx

I agree that trying to distract yourself is a good course of action. Definitely stop testing, it's expensive and if you get a dud you'll freak out. It'll be a long 9 months if you're constantly counting down the days although I know that's easier said than done x

i learned how to crochet off youtube.. so im literally sitting twiddling ma thumbs but its working lol

went into the chemist yeasterday and asked them for there cheapest test, only one, done it and it was a bold positive so felt better, know its pointless keeping at it so was a win it was 1 very cheap test and not the usual lol

first tri is most stress filled thing in the world!

My pregnancy with my dd was horrible, every second I kept thinking something bad was going to happen and I barely got a chance to enjoy being pregnant. This time around, I'm in the state of mind where I want to be as relaxed as possible. I've also told myself that whatever happens will happen and life goes on. For me it was just about staying busy and changing my thought process. Easier said than done but it worked for me :)

I too am in the same boat. Completely paranoid from lack of symptoms. Finding out so early is awesome yet nail biting. I've teated more than I should have. I did get a bad dud digital test other day or it was bad urine. Idk. But one day from pos 1-2. I flipped. So I went to work and bought. 6 different tests. And held urine for hours. All came back pos. relief. But I am still so nervous. Waiting for the day of being late to pass as dpo 14 here now. Maybe when that passes I will feel better. Idk. But hard. Maybe I should take up crochet or knitting too. I need something. If anything I can clean out the room that would be baby. Organize all that spare room stuff and store.

Im staying away from pregnancy tests, got 2-3 on digital and decided to stop testing, cause its not cheap at all!! but now im getting worried and think if i pee on a test ill be ok about it again!

BUT if i do pee on a test ill over think it, ill look at it upside down and back to front and unless its 3+ weeks on a digital or really bold lines i know ill freak which is wrong because all tests arre different and the dates on digital are like 90% ?

Mannnnnn, I think we have the exact same overly anxious brain :wacko: I totally understand exactly what you're describing, as do many of us I think, especially in the early stages.

Things have improved a little bit for me over the past week and a half or so, but I'll still get hit with that crippling anxiety randomly and out of nowhere. This morning, for example, I used FMU on a first response and got really freaked out because the test line wasn't darker than the control line. BUT, I had to remind myself that a line is a line, pregnant=pregnant, and every batch of tests contains varying amounts of dye.

Sometimes you just have to intervene yourself. It's not always easy, but the bottom line is worrying is the last thing you need right now! Chances are everything is just fine.

I found this article, too, which really helped me as well:

https://www.parents.com/pregnancy/complications/health-and-safety-issues/top-pregnancy-fears/

Hope some of this helps! I know it's not easy...

The nurses on Saturday laughed at me when they asked if I had taken a pregnancy test and i said...yes! I took 12!
(I am now at 14)
I buy the Walmart $.88 ones and take on every morning. I am so paranoid, it is just something that eases my mind until I know my HCG levels.
I did stop temping though. I had three days of dips and freaked out!

I'm in the same boat. Currently 4w6days. It's my first baby, constantly symptom spotting. Reading horrors stories on line about ectopic, blighted ovum and chemical pregnancies. I've done about 20 tests already- Ive only found out a week ago. My lines are getting so much darker, test lines are darker than control lines now but the EVIL CBD keeps saying i am 2-3weeks. My breasts can sometimes be sore only when I hold and squeeze them. Which I've noticed that I am doing a lot..my husband thinks I am an absolute weirdo. I'm getting very thin white discharge which sometimes gush (sorry tmi) out. I get quite bad dry wretching. Currently got a nasty cold so I am worried that as soon as my cold goes my symptoms will to.

I'm from the UK so we don't get routine blood tests or early US unless there is a previous history of MC.

We've booked ourselves into a private early scan. I am absolutely pertified so worried that I am going have a 'silent' miscarriage...ahhhhh I need to get over this cold and go back into work! PRONTO!! xxx

You sound similar to me in many of my previous pregnancies (I am pregnant after many recurrent loses). Some of them I did two frer a day. That habit was expensive. This time I just decided I wasn't going to do that. I did a couple of pregnancy tests and then made myself stop as lines are too unreliable. And then I focused on the here and now, today I'm pregnant, today I am blessed and I'm not going to worry about things that are beyond my control. Whatever happens now I won't have any regrets x

Every day that passes your getting closer. I found out on cd 24 and i believed it on cd 27. If the digital ones scare u use a first response to check. Their lines come up super fast and eventually the test line on mine was darker than the test line.

symptoms come and go. I felt rubbish from 6 weeks. Then around 9 weeks i remember having this day where i had energy. Then it came back lol. I was sick once but felt rubbish till 16 weeks on and off. The first 12 weeks are hard and you might feel worried on and off but thats normal. Until your first scan you have no confirmation. I felt loads better after my 12 week scan. Knowing she was healthy was amazing. It changes your life.

try and focus on the next few days. Enjoy the times you feel well. It is not a sign somethings wrong. Its normal to feel cramps aswel. I did! As long as you see no blood things are ok. Even then it can be normal. Try and enjoy things. There are women out there sick all thecway through and it can make life miserable.

congratulations xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->