Anyone around West Malling - Kent?

happyface82

Reaction score
Just need some opinions really.. We are considering moving to Kings Hill in the next few months as London is just too expensive and we need a bigger place and good schools near by! Kings Hill seemed nice, and the prices are exactly what we are looking for and commuting wise its not too bad!

Anyone know the area and has any tips? :shrug: I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance! Moving so far away makes me a bit nervous! :flower:

I live in Tunbridge Wells (moved from Beckenham last year) and one of our NCT girls lives in Kings Hill near the business park. I've only been to her house not out and about, but it seems a very nice area to live, and she does lots locally. It's also well situated between Maidstone and TWells and Bluewater is only around a 25min drive. A lot of the houses are lovely too. Mostly new built, but have quiet streets and well thought out plots. West Malling has a nice buzzy high street, and is very popular. Bearstead on the other side (near Leeds Castle) is impossible to buy in. The housing market is massively competitive.

I've found the pace of life is a little slower here and IMO there are a few too many yummy mummies and people who think the world begins and ends in Kent(!), but I'm getting used to it. I do prefer somewhere a bit grittier and where there is a bit more individuality though but what you lose in that you make up for with lower crime rates and more child friendly activities. I just plan to make sure my son sees other people who look and think differently, and experiences other way of lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->