Anyone been told the sex without booking Gender Scan?

My hospital has no problems in telling you the sex if you want to know, they seem quite relaxed compared to some.

From what has been said in another post though, it's an additional scan you're being offered to find out the sex? I'd happily pay £50 for that, I don't seem to be able to find any places doing private scans much under £100 down here and even those aren't easy to get to without a car so would have additional travel costs too. My hospital is only a £2.90 bus journey away!

Me, even though the hospital and city I live in don't want gender results being given out!
I was lucky, my sonographer was fabulous! I think it comes down to the person doing the scan as well.
PS my city (Vancouver, BC Canada) is about to impose the $50 fee as well.
Number one reason they don't here is to protect the fetus from parents aborting due to gender. You cannot even go to a private office and pay for a 3D scan w/gender until after the termination limit.

My hospital used to have a policy of not saying but they will now. They do say it's not 100% though and they request that if you want to know you ask at the start of the scan. Private gender scans near me are about £65 so £50 is cheaper but it can be much more expensive elsewhere in the UK.

Colchester hospital will not tell you, we paid £85 for a gender scan at baby scan studio but it was absolutely fantastic, she took a real long time showing us what was what and even tried the 4d for us, I think it was a lovely experience and worth every penny much more personal and detailed than my hospital scan with my firstborn.
However for the actual general hospital to charge you is disgraceful, they either have a policy or they don't.If their policy is not to tell people as they are concerned they may abort depending upon gender (the religion issue) then what message are they giving? Pay £50 and you can have a scan, someone who wants to know that badly for whatever reason will pay £50 whether that be simply for their own excitement or for reason such asaborting a certain gender!
Its all a big con by the hospital for you to pay for something which should be offered as standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->