• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone coming off the pill and waiting for their period to return?

Nope, I'm off. Final pill was taken last Saturday, and I'm on the tail end of withdrawal bleeding. My doctor suggested I be ready to conceive as soon as I stopped taking it, so we waited just in case. Ideally, we'd conceive between March and July, but who knows. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks if I go right back to normal..? I've been on combo bcp for nearly ten years.. X.x At least my chances of ovarian cancer are permanently slashed, though!

I've read on here a few times that you're more fertile when you first come off, although I've never looked into this (or found it to be true for me!).

I'd just keep a note (or if you're charting?) of your bleed to monitor where you're AF is at. I didn't do this when I came off for DD and was then guessing - I knew I'd definitely missed a period but then couldn't remember exactly when the last day of my withdrawal bleed was.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I was on it for 8 years the first time and this time I was back on it for a little over a year (was on mini pill whilst breast feeding but hated it and couldnt wait to get back on the combo!)

I'll definitely keep you posted! I have a feeling i may end up with homework (temping or something) to do before any real steps are taken. Or I might be given a realistic waiting time frame or something. I actually asked my doctor before I went on birth control if he though I'd have difficulty getting pregnant and he did a hormone level check and said he wasn't sure but he had no reason to believe it would be any more difficult for me. I do know he was hoping I'd be more regular after coming off birth control, though...

Had my appointment. My Dr. is running some blood tests to see if I have any imbalances: thyroid, estrogen, and a couple others. Said if still no period by 6 months to come on back. He said he'd rather wait a year before starting clomid, but he'd be ok with starting it sooner. I have a history of having strong reactions to medication, so I asked about alternative care and he said he has an acupuncturist that he sometimes works with and her husband does hypnotherapy, so I could try that. He basically said it couldn't hurt, but may not fix anything if there's actually a problem.

I'll get my blood tests back on Wednesday or Thursday this week.

How are you feeling?

It seems positive that he's only waiting to the six month mark and is feeling ok with starting clomid earlier?

Fingers crossed for your results later this week, I'm glad that he's taking things seriously and not just sent you away (which I've seen a lot of on here), I hope things get kick started for you now xx

Well... He did mention clomid had an increased risk of twins. TERRIFYING! And given my history of strong medication reactions, I'm wondering if it might be best for me to wait. Guess I'll just see how it goes and how me and the husband are feeling as that 6 month mark comes up.

I got my bloodworm back today. It was consistent with an oddly presenting PCOS. So basically, I need to shape up my diet and hope that that will help.

I came off my pill end of January had a withdrawel bleed 1st to 5th of feb and guess what I fell preg on the 17th feb lol bfp yesterday so I guess I was pretty damn fertile I think I commented on here on one of the first of ur pages about coming off pill xxx

Congratulations, jamie! That's fantastic! FX for a happy healthy pregnancy.

I hope I'm as lucky as you. I'm on CD14 and convinced that I'm just not going to ovulate this month for whatever reason. No EWCM really, though I'm getting interesting pains. Guess we'll see if temp jumps... although I sleep with my mouth open, so who knows if charting is even going to do it, eh?

Bah! Anyone else losing patience as fast as I am? lol

I didn't chart either hunni I just used opk out of curiosity and I got a nearly pos on 16th and a pos on 17th and that day I had pains all day long .. 1st cycle off cerazette so it can happen hunnie pa I never had ewcm either not that I could tell between that and semen sorry tmi lol good luck and fingers crossed for u this cycle xxx

Congrats Jamie that's great news!!

Otterpup, how are you feeling with your bloods?

I'm just about to post with my chart and see if people will have a look...think I ovulated earlier than I thought...bit confused!!

Xx

I'm feeling pretty crappy, but tomorrow I'm sure I'll feel better. I guess at least I know my instincts believing my hormone levels were off were right! :)

I'll work on cleaning up my diet a bit and exercising more and see what happens. However, I'm not sure if I can expect my body to get pregnant normally (without medical help), so that's now more firmly on the table.

I am going to try the acupuncture thing, too.

Cried a bit today and let myself wallow. Now time for work and tomorrow I'll turn over new!

Give yourself that time to wallow and then, like you say, tomorrow is a new day and time to start kicking some ttc ass!!

Definitely try the acupuncture, I've heard really good things about it. Do they do it anywhere specific for the ttc process? I've just qualified in auricular acupuncture...shame we don't like nearer!!

Fingers crossed with the diet/exercising plan...I sometimes think that's the hardest bit of it all

Xx

I'll let you know! I have an appointment set up for a week from now. She's also an herbalist, so I know I'll be combining with some Chinese herbal medicine. It really is too bad we don't live closer!

I think it's going to be a while before the TTC is effective, but no sense in protecting! I guess I'm a little more in the not trying, not preventing category right now just because there isn't a lot to do in the trying category other than taking care of myself and hoping that it will help.

It really is too bad we don't live closer. Is auricular special in some way? I know so little despite having some acupuncture done as a teenager.

It depends on where you have it really, I'm trained to do it in the ear which balances out hormones and promotes serotonin release to level out hormones but each point is related to a part of the body.

It's definitely worth a go for sure. Are you getting it through healthcare or are you paying privately? Xx

I stopped lo loestrin at the end of nov 2014 - got af mid jan and now ttc #1 - I know how you feel but it will come! I was going pack to pack & didn't have af for about a year and a half! Xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"