Anyone conceive from sex 5 days before ovulation?

hope126

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I know from researching that sperm lives inside the female reproductive tract for approximately 3-5 days. However I was wondering if any of you actually conceived from having sex 4-5 days before ovulation?

In my case, my cycles have been longer than usual the past few months (most likely due to stress). I usually ovulate around CD 17. My boyfriend and I were intimate on CD16, which initially I thought was good timing. However, I have been using the ClearBlue Digital OPK tests and did not get the smiley face until CD20. So I assume I ovulated sometime on CD21. Do you guys still think I have a chance this cycle?

We were not able to BD any time between CD16 and CD21 because my boyfriend has been sick. Right now I am assuming that I am out this month because I don't want to get my hopes up.

I am very anxious to hear everyone's experiences with this. Thanks!

I know of women who have conceived 5 days before ovulation but it's always hard to be 100% sure of when u ovulate so they may have calculated wrong. But that aside if their calculations were right then I know of mothers who have conceived that far out.
Also those digi OPKs are sometimes wrong anyway. When my cycles were a bit long due to stress also, often the fixed smiley would appear on the actual day of ovulation not the day before so you may have ovulated earlier!

following. i am in the same boat! was going to ask this question

Dd was 5 days before O. We use a donor and I ovulated really late so our donations turned out to be 7 and 5 days before I ovulated. More likely to have a girl that way too :). Totally possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->