Anyone convinced their 12 week scan would be bad news be right/wrong??

lora123

Reaction score
OK so just over a week until my scan and i'm just on the verge of having a breakdown!!
I'm so convinced my baby has died. No miscarriage symptoms, just slightly sore boobs. Had sickness for a couple weeks and now that's gone and I can't for the life of me find any heartbeat on doppler :-(
Emotional mess right now :cry:

Try not to worry...I know thats easier said than done, due to my previous losses I was terrified and convinced my scan would be bad, as i had had a bleed etc. but i was completely wrong and there she was bouncing about on the screen and not wanting to stay still.
Do not worry about not being able to find a heartbeat with a doppler either as it is hard to find a heartbeat at this stage, and midwives will not even use a doppler til 16 weeks where I am for that very reason.
As for the sickness mine was horrendous with my oldest til 20 weeks, where as with my second it disappeared at 9 weeks and i thought for sure it was a bad sign, and as i said before our scan was great so sickness can go away a bit earlier sometimes. all pregnancies and ppl are different.
I know its easy for others to say to relax...but its important for you and your baby to chill and enjoy the no sickness :)

Please don't worry, it really won't help! I was really worried about my scan yesterday as I never really had many symptoms to begin with but baby was perfectly fine. In fact, it was bouncing and waving its little arms and legs about. I was worried it was molar as I feel like I'm massive at only 12 weeks - last time I didn't show this early but in the past week three colleagues have asked if I'm pregnant, which shows how pregnant I already look!

Good luck for your scan but try to remember that although some people do get bad news, the majority get good news.

I was terrified after 2 natural miscarriages and a missed miscarriage which we found out at 12 week scan in February this year. I couldn't stop crying in the lead up to my scan last week but everything was fine :) I just can't believe I spent so much time stressing about nothing! I'm sure everything will be fine missed miscarriages are rare and although they happen as unfortunately I know the chances of it happening are slim so I'd try and enjoy it and get excited I wish I had :)

I feel exactly the same I'm absolutely petrified something is wrong, I had an early mc at six and a half weeks so think that's made me worse. My scan is just over a week too on the 28th, when's yours?

London I'm really pleased to hear yours went well, big congrats

Mine was next Tuesday but its now been pushed forwards to tomorrow after some spotting yesterday after a bowel movement. Even more scared now! !

I had this feeling for a ages and had my scan last Wednesday, turns out baby has a thickened Nt measurement and my risk factor is 1:59 for downs or another chromosomal condition. I'm having a CVS this week, and further scans to check growth and heart development. I was so shocked. BUT I'm in the minority and you will be fine I'm sure x

Sorry to hear that Nessicle. Hope everything ends up coming back ok for you after the further testing.

I had this feeling for a ages and had my scan last Wednesday, turns out baby has a thickened Nt measurement and my risk factor is 1:59 for downs or another chromosomal condition. I'm having a CVS this week, and further scans to check growth and heart development. I was so shocked. BUT I'm in the minority and you will be fine I'm sure x

I had this exactly with ds2. My risk factor (if I remember rightly!) was 1:45. We had the cvs and got the all clear luckily and the consultant that did the cvs checked him over on the scan thoroughly too and said that he thought everything would be ok so that was reassuring. We then had to have a detailed heart scan at around 20 weeks (in addition to the normal 20 week anomaly scan). The heart scan was absolutely fine too. He has no problems whatsoever and is now a happy and healthy almost 3 year old. I hope that my story reassures you somewhat. Good luck for your cvs! It doesn't hurt too much, it's more just a feeling of pressure more than anything :hugs:

Me, I hadn't had many pregnancy symptoms except for sickness started 2 weeks before scan. I was convinced they wud tell me nothing was there n I was never pregnant I even used to go over how I wud tell ppl that I was actually never pregnant. When I saw the baby on the screen I realised how silly my previous thoughts had been

Me with my MMC, but that was only because I wasn't showing at all by 12+3 weeks, and I normally can't hide a pregnancy by about 7 1/2 weeks because I get so bloated. Funny thing is, I definitely had the worst morning sickness and pregnancy symptoms with my MMC. The only thing I was going off of was me not showing at all. I was nervous a couple weeks ago about this pregnancy too, but my symptoms came back and I'm definitely showing now so I'm not worried anymore. They say your pregnancy symptoms start decreasing around 11 weeks, so maybe that is why your symptoms have eased up? Good luck :flower:

Turns out I was right.
Missed miscarriage at almost 12 weeks. Baby measuring six weeks with no heartbeat.

Now got to decide which treatment route to take and have to wait until next Friday to go back to decide which treatment.
hope it happens naturally before then. Can't stand the thought of dragging this on any longer. :-(

I'm soooo sorry I know how heartbreaking it is I had the surgery for mine and for me is was the right decision it meant that it was over quickly and although it's one of the hardest days ever it was some closure rather than been in limbo waiting for it to happen and because I was further along I didn't want to have to see anything :-( that's such a long wait I found out on Saturday and had surgery the following Monday I can't imagine having wait that long! Even though It doesn't feel like it things will get easier you won't forget but you will get through it. I really hope whatever you decide it will be over as quick as possible for you :-(

Oh Lora I'm so so sorry, I'm thinking about you :hugs:

oh my gosh I'm so sorry! :hugs:
Miscarriage is terrible on its own (had one myself at 6 weeks), I can't imagine how much worse it must be to have found out the way that you did. I hope that you find the strength that you need to get through the next little while and that you find peace in whatever your decisions are on the next steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->