Anyone deal with a SCH?

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I had my 6week appt today because of a bleed last week and we saw that baby is perfect. We heard the heartbeat and saw it flickering away. Im measuring right on track for 6w1d.

They said the reason why I bled is because I have a small hematoma but they aren't worried because it's really tiny and not a cause for concern and it wont affect baby.

I'm still spotting off and on brown blood but no red bleeding. I have another appointment next Monday with my doctor to get another ultrasound and check everything again. They told me as for right now to not have sex, no heavy lifting, and no exercising and they want me to go one week without bleeding in order to resume normal activities. I haven't actually bled since last Saturday and I've only been lightly spotting. Has anyone dealt with this before and been told to wait? Do they mean no bleeding as in RED blood...or any spotting whatsoever?

Obviously I'm planning on talking to my doctor more about it next week but just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if it went away on its own?

I had a big hematoma at 6 weeks. Did the pelvic rest, took it easy and no lifting. The bleed was resolved a few weeks later. It was a big scare and Google didn't help.
Fingers crossed for you! There is a support group on SCH on this forum as well. Search it.

Yeah I learned not to googled it :( The u/s tech said to not worry because it's so small and since I'm spotting brown it's not concerning as it would be if I were bleeding red. I'm just anxious to get off of pelvic rest and get back to normal. I'm hoping this resolves on its own soon!

No experience sorry Ash, but just wanted to gate crash and say congrats on the scan - glad bub is healthy! They put me back a few days so my due date is 11 June. Is yours 13/14?

I had one this pregnancy, it resolved by week 9 :)

I've been having one since week 6. It was still there on my 12 week appointment. I was now put on partial bedrest on top of the things you listed. Many doctors tell you to rest for two weeks after a bleed. Pelvic Rest, no heavy lifting etc. Is something I need to stick to until the hematoma resolves

My BFF had a massive hematoma that was threatening to erupt and take fetus with it. Dr told her to rest and not expect anything good of the pregnancy we were all sure she would miscarry. She was also put on progesterone suppositories and she swore it helped a lot. One day I went with her to her scan around 9 weeks and Dr announced it had dissapeared!! Completely gone and baby was thriving. Apparently the body re-absorbed it and that's it! Her dd us now 9 months. Had a great rest of her pregnancy and didn't bleed again. Hope it's the case for you :)

No experience sorry Ash, but just wanted to gate crash and say congrats on the scan - glad bub is healthy! They put me back a few days so my due date is 11 June. Is yours 13/14?

Yes! Mine is June 13!

I had one this pregnancy, it resolved by week 9 :)

I had no idea you had one pink. I'm hoping mine resolves too.

I've been having one since week 6. It was still there on my 12 week appointment. I was now put on partial bedrest on top of the things you listed. Many doctors tell you to rest for two weeks after a bleed. Pelvic Rest, no heavy lifting etc. Is something I need to stick to until the hematoma resolves

Next Monday (my appointment) will be 2 weeks since I bled. Hopefully the doctor gives me the all clear to resume normal stuff. The tech made it sound like as long as I'm not bleeding after a week they will tell you it's okay to get off pelvic rest. I'm hoping that's the case for me! I'm going to ask if it looks smaller and see what they say

My BFF had a massive hematoma that was threatening to erupt and take fetus with it. Dr told her to rest and not expect anything good of the pregnancy we were all sure she would miscarry. She was also put on progesterone suppositories and she swore it helped a lot. One day I went with her to her scan around 9 weeks and Dr announced it had dissapeared!! Completely gone and baby was thriving. Apparently the body re-absorbed it and that's it! Her dd us now 9 months. Had a great rest of her pregnancy and didn't bleed again. Hope it's the case for you :)

Oh wow. Mine definitely isn't that big! They weren't concerned with mine at all. But of course I'm still nervous because I've never dealt with it before lol

Just wanted to say we are in the same boat, Ashley! I am 7 weeks and 1 day and have a SCH that's about 3cm. I was put on pelvic rest but that's it-- everyone at the doctor's office didn't seem concerned. I am resting more than usual, especially when I can on the weekends! Hope we both have one that reabsorbs!

I had one with my son, I bled like a heavy period for about 9 days. I even walked up a big mountain and made myself bleed more, oops, no one said to rest. He's fine, almost 5 years old now, and it resolved itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->