Anyone doing medicated FET starting in March?

I am struggling to get on here often at the moment due to work commitments but I am trying to keep up to date by reading the email alerts.

Wannabe, that fab news that everything is on track. So very exciting. Transfer date will be here before you know it.

Hope everyone else is getting on well with their meds and on countdown.

I am still taking bcp until 24th with prostap injection on 21st will bleed and then start getting my lining ready. Fights and hotel booked just need time to start going quickly.

X

Pinkie I stop BCP on the 24th too but I don't start DR till CD21 after a bleed which should be around the 17th March!

I am struggling to get on here often at the moment due to work commitments but I am trying to keep up to date by reading the email alerts.

Wannabe, that fab news that everything is on track. So very exciting. Transfer date will be here before you know it.

Hope everyone else is getting on well with their meds and on countdown.

I am still taking bcp until 24th with prostap injection on 21st will bleed and then start getting my lining ready. Fights and hotel booked just need time to start going quickly.

X

Thanks for the well wishes hun! :hugs: I hope the time goes bye quickly for you so you can move onto the next phase of your cycle! Good luck! :dust::dust:

Pinkie I stop BCP on the 24th too but I don't start DR till CD21 after a bleed which should be around the 17th March!

@4mag, Good luck for MArch! I hope that time goes bye quickly for you and that you get your BFP! :dust::dust:

AFM, Ugghhh, I started feeling crappy lastnight, really tired and achy! I had a soar throat overnight and I have been feeling like crap all day! On top of that it is bitter cold all of the sudden outside and the wind is freezing! We got an artic blast! My blood work and ultrasound are tomorrow morning so I am not looking forward to dragging myself out in the freezing cold early in the morning! Ugghh! I have to though so I don't mess up my FET cycle. Being sick is hard with the twins because I can't really sit and rest much! I have on a face mask and I have been washing/sanitizing my hands all day long trying to keep everyone else in the house from getting sick! I just hope that I don't feel worse tomorrow morning. :wacko::dohh: The timing with this cold sucks! :nope:

Other than that my meds have been pretty easy to take this time around. My stomach is bruised up from my lupron injections. Thankfully that awful taste in my mouth and smell in my nose has gone away so I guess that is because my body got used to the meds. A FET is so much easier than a full blown IVF though!

I had my blood work and ultrasound this morning. I managed to find the energy despite being sick to brave the feezing cold and get everything done!:thumbup: When I got there the lady said she didn't have any appointment for me, and I was like say what??? :dohh: I was about to go postal but thankfully they managed to squeeze me in!:thumbup: I had the same lady do my blood draw and she is really good at it, I can barely feel the prick when she does it and I am a hard stick so she has got mad skillz! LOL! I haven't heard back about the blood work yet since it is still early but hopefully it will be good. I was wondering if being sick would have any impact on it, but when I asked the lab tech she thought my question was funny, so hopefully it won't? :shrug:

The ultrasound went okay. A nurse practitioner did it this time. My lining looked good and was a "7" if I remember correctly. :thumbup: The nurse said that was good and was wht they would be looking for at this stage of my cycle. However I have a huge cyst on my oavry! It wasn't there at the baseline so I am assuming it is from all of the meds I am on. It made me kind of nervous since it looked big on the ultrasound. The nurse asked if I was uncomfortable or anything and i told her I didn't notice anything. :wacko: I really hope that the cyst doesn't derail my FET!! The nurse showed me a fibroid but I already knew that I have fibroids so that wasn't any surprise! That shouldn't have any impact on my cycle though since it isn't in the uterus or anything. I hope my fertility office gets the test results on time today so I know what to do next regarding my meds! I hate to keep my meds the same today and make the cyst worse?!!!

Does anyone know what happens during a FET if you have a cyst on your ovary? I really hope it doesn't derail my planned transfer next Friday!!!:wacko:

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone's cycles continue to go well. Wannabeprego I have no experience of cysts during a cycle but I remember chatting to someone a few years back and she had a cyst which burst before transfer so everything went ahead. I can't remember whether it was fresh or frozen though. Hope everything works out for you.
Can I ask a question about lining? How thick does everyones lining get for transfer? Mine never goes about 8mm. My doctor always says that's fine but I can't help wondering if this is my problem? Also, does it matter what day you transfer on a medicated cycle. I seem to be down regulating for ages this time. Starting 23Rd February.
Hope everyone has a great weekend xx

Hi everyone,
Hope everyone's cycles continue to go well. Wannabeprego I have no experience of cysts during a cycle but I remember chatting to someone a few years back and she had a cyst which burst before transfer so everything went ahead. I can't remember whether it was fresh or frozen though. Hope everything works out for you.
Can I ask a question about lining? How thick does everyones lining get for transfer? Mine never goes about 8mm. My doctor always says that's fine but I can't help wondering if this is my problem? Also, does it matter what day you transfer on a medicated cycle. I seem to be down regulating for ages this time. Starting 23Rd February.
Hope everyone has a great weekend xx

Thanks for sharing the story about what happened to the other lady! :thumbup: I spoke to a nurse at my RE's office and they won't cancel a cycle because of the cyst so that made me feel relived! Apparently cysts are very common and they can be related to ovulation and they go away on their own most of the time. They aren't concerned about it at all so I am not worrying about it anymore. I was starting to have some discomfort from it and the nurse told me I can just take tylenol.

I was just asking the nurse about what they want my lining to be for the transfer. She was saying that they would like it to be a 9 or a 10, but that they would do the transfer with it at an 8. Right now my lining is a 7 so I am hoping that it improves. When I did my IVF cycle the first time my lining was a 10 and that was when I had my twins. So fingers crossed for us both. :dust::dust:

I forgot to add how things turned out once my RE got my test results, my lining was a 7 so they want it to thicken up some more, so I have increased my meds. I am taking 2 estrogen orally in addition to the 3 I take already vaginally. I go back for another ultrasound this tuesday and if my lining looks good than I will start different medications and do the transfer on the week of the 22cnd of Feb. So i won't be able to do the transfer on the 19th like I wanted to orignally, so it is postponed a bit.

I forgot to add how things turned out once my RE got my test results, my lining was a 7 so they want it to thicken up some more, so I have increased my meds. I am taking 2 estrogen orally in addition to the 3 I take already vaginally. I go back for another ultrasound this tuesday and if my lining looks good than I will start different medications and do the transfer on the week of the 22cnd of Feb. So i won't be able to do the transfer on the 19th like I wanted to orignally, so it is postponed a bit.

Glad the cyst won't impact your cycle. I hope your lining starts to thicken. They always told me to go for short walks to get blood flow to the uterus and drink pomegranate juice. Last time they increased my estrogen and it did thicken up to 8mm. Even on my own egg cycles I only got to 9mm. I would love to see a 10mm for transfer this cycle. How old are your twins? Xx

Thanks for the advice and tips! :thumbup: My twins will be 3 in May! Fingers crossed we both get nice thick linings for transfer. :dust::dust:

I have bleeding this morning, it is dark red and enough that I had to put on a maxi pad. :dohh: I am assuming that it is from the big cyst on my ovary. I called my RE's office this morning to ask about it and they agree that it is most likely from it rupturing! I am getting nervous though because I am wondering how it will affect my lining for my blood work and ultrasound tomorrow morning. Plus on top of that I have been so sick so I am hoping that doesn't affect my cycle negatively. I am just getting a bad feeling about this cycle! Ugghhh! :wacko: My AF isn't due until the 24th and that would be if I had my average 28 day cycle. I doubt it is my AF this early bvecause I am only on CD 19, I have never had a cycle that short before. My shortest cycle was like 24 or 25 days I think?? Plus the meds I am on are supposed to stop AF from coming??? :shrug: I am trying to keep up the PMA and hope that my lining on my ultrasound has improved and that the bleeding stops soon, but I am just not feeling it right now! :cry:

wannabe, I am sorry to hear about the cysts and the bleeding I hope this doesn't effect your cycle. I hope the bleeding stops soon and you can go ahead with the transfer, wishing you the best of luck x

@Pinkie, thank you for the kind words! :hugs:

So I went to my appointment this morning and the nurse practitioner did my ultrasound and told me that my lining was down from a 7.4 the last time I was there, and now it was about a 4! My lovely cyst was still there in all of it's glory! :wacko: Long story short I am on my period! My lining is shedding and hence the reason for the bleeding still going on today! :cry:

Well eventually the RE's office called after they got the results from my BW and ultrasound. My LH, estrogen and progesterone levels had all dropped, which is typical when AF arrives! Unfortunately they said my cyst had grown since the last ultrasound. So the nurse that called was all ready for me to jump back in and start another cycle! :wacko: I am just not ready to do another cycle right away! I am still trying to get over this darn cold! I am still having waves of nauseous from the darn estrogen! Plus that big old cyst lingering on my ovary in all of it's big grandness! Plus I am feeling mentally exhausted! I just want to give my body a chance to get back to normal on it's own!

So they want me to do the 3 estrogen vaginally and than instead of adding in oral estrogen pills I would do estrogen injections of Delestrogen to thicken up my lining. I did notice that I started getting sick from the estrogen when I started it oral and when it increased in dosage. The first part wasn't that bad. The nurse said that the injections are absorbed differently and into he body so she doesn't think I will get sick from it like I did with the oral. I think my concern other than being sick as a dog is whether or not there is a connection between increasing the estrogen and my AF arriving! Maybe that was too high of a dose for me so my body went haywire and I got the really early AF??? Well the nurse is going to call me back tomorrow and talk about the next steps, but I really think that I need to take the month off, get over being sick and see if this cyst goes away on it's own. They put women on birth control to get the cysts to go down so that is an option. However I think I need a break and a chance to get back to normal again! I will tell the nurse this tomorrow. I also want to ask about a natural cycle and how that would work as an alternative! I just hope that this new medication doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get, the injectible estrogen, i need to call the phjarmacy to get a price quote.

My AF is due in the middle of MArch so that is when I would want to try again! I should be healthy again! I hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->