Anyone doing mild exercise always pregnant?

Luxoire

Mummy to 2 gorgeous babies
Reaction score
I was trying to lose weight before baby and got pregnant in my first cycle and only managed to lose 4 pounds. ..anyway I've carried on low impact cardio and I am doing walking 3 miles 5 days a week with Leslie Sansone and I just weight and found out I have lost 2 pounds in yhe last 2 week...since finding out I was pregnant.
.i plan on continuing this and I think 1 lb a week isn't bad..and i may not be able to continue when I'm huge. .only 4 weeks gone now. Weight 216lb

anyone else in this boat?

I'm still running at the minute. Only started a few months ago. Not sure if i should stop or not. Am seeing the GP on friday so was going to mention it then.

It's good to exercise trough pregnancy, definitely helps in the alter stages and it can help make labour shorter- if your muscles are in god condition they will be better able to push :). At the moment I'm only doing light exercise (bad back)- walking every day, swimming once a week and a bit of gardening when I can. Until I was 8 weeks I was going to Body Pump and hope to get back to it soon, my midwife has OK'ed it :)

I do a good amount of cycling and I want to start a pregnancy yoga... That sounds fun :)

I do a good amount of cycling and I want to start a pregnancy yoga... That sounds fun :)

Wow you're more ambitious than me...I've always thought of yoga as boring...don't know why lol

I'm still running at the minute. Only started a few months ago. Not sure if i should stop or not. Am seeing the GP on friday so was going to mention it then.

Wow you're definitely fitter than me then. ...lol..i couldn't do running...the walking plus the fatigue tires me out enough already....and my cramps gwt a bit painful. if you can keep.going then I think you should..definitely slow down and stop if/when it hurts. But good on u.

I really like the idea, I will probably be thinking of my shopping list when I am doing it but I like plinky music and that I suppose that is half the battle.. :)

It's good to exercise trough pregnancy, definitely helps in the alter stages and it can help make labour shorter- if your muscles are in god condition they will be better able to push :). At the moment I'm only doing light exercise (bad back)- walking every day, swimming once a week and a bit of gardening when I can. Until I was 8 weeks I was going to Body Pump and hope to get back to it soon, my midwife has OK'ed it :)

Wow body pump ehh...that sounds painful already (can y ' all tell I don't like exercise? ! Lol) I'm only 4 weeks gone but the fatigue is unbearable some days...i think the exercise is meant to help but it didn't help with my last as I was in labour for 3 days and only 1cm dilated so ended up with c section....i worked up to 38 weeks ..I'm not holding my breath for this one..I'm just doing it bcos i don't want to be extra fat when baby comes and i still want to be able to jump and run up and down the stairs with them x

I think your walking exercise plan sounds like a nice and healthy thing to do throughout pregnancy.

I was working out with weights and running before I got pregnant. After about 6 weeks, I stopped going until 13-14 weeks because I was just too darn tired. I would come home from work every day and pretty much pass out until the next morning. Since 14 weeks, I go 3-4 days a week and am still lifting light weights and/or walking 2-4 miles on the treadmill. At almost 34 weeks, I have only gained 13 lbs and that was starting at a healthy weight of 148 lbs at 5'6" tall.

It is really great to do whatever exercise you can during pregnancy as long as you don't have any complications that have your doctor saying not to.

I'm still running and I walk everywhere with my daughter. Last pregnancy I stopped as soon as I found out I was expecting.

I was working out with weights and running before I got pregnant. After about 6 weeks, I stopped going until 13-14 weeks because I was just too darn tired. I would come home from work every day and pretty much pass out until the next morning. Since 14 weeks, I go 3-4 days a week and am still lifting light weights and/or walking 2-4 miles on the treadmill. At almost 34 weeks, I have only gained 13 lbs and that was starting at a healthy weight of 148 lbs at 5'6" tall.

It is really great to do whatever exercise you can during pregnancy as long as you don't have any complications that have your doctor saying not to.

Wow that's great I wish I were 148lbs dream come true....I'll tey to keep it going as long as possible cos I really don't want to put on any more weight. .13lb so far is great going...you won't have much to lose then when you're done x

I'm still running and I walk everywhere with my daughter. Last pregnancy I stopped as soon as I found out I was expecting.

I think it's the fear of the unknown sometimes...ml if my MIL or mum knew I was exercising they'd have a heart attack...even my hubby doesn't know...lol I need to do it for me...good on you for still running. If i wasn't so fat I'd have taken up running. I did 20 mins of boxercise and 20 mins of legs exercise this morning and was sweating like a pig...All low impact. ..i plan on continuing till as long as possible.

I pretty much stopped everything first time round - and gained 4.5 stone!! As I have held on to a stone of that, and the half I put on over Xmas, I am determined to keep exercising for as long as possible and keep weight gain to a minimum. I do Zumba once, a week, swimming once a week (40-50 lengths) and have just started a Fitsteps class, which is basically dancing. I'm not sure if I have put anything on by now, but I hadn't by my 12 week scan (although like I say, I was heavier than I would normally like to be anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->