Anyone doing pregnancy pilates?

iwanta8a8y

TTC #3 ;-)
Reaction score
I am trying to find one locally (Bedfordshire/Milton Keynes area) but failing misrably :-( I really want to do it but just cant anywhere local that does it. How did you find yours? And what do you think? Worth doing?

xx

Definitely worth doing I would say - I had severe symphus pubis dysfunction last pregnancy (3 years ago) which had me on crutches from 16 weeks pregnant. I attended physio whilst pregnant and post natally and started my pilates post-natally with my physio. I continues the exercises afterwards, so cannot help with a class sorry!
This pregnancy I don't presume I will be pain free or not suffer at all; however I am now 20weeks and still working and no crutches -pain is there occasionally but nowhere as bad as last time (yet!). So definitely worth it, in my book :) xxx

I do pre natal yoga and finding it fantastic . I've done normal yoga for about 2 years anyway, but I'm loving this class now I'm pregnant.

I've been having problems with lower backache and it seems to be really helping.

Hope you find a class near you x

https://www.whitespacestudio.co.uk/pages/our-classes/class-styles/pregnancy-yoga.php

Just done a quick Google if it helps... is this anywhere near you?

I did Pilates before pregnancy as I had a trapped nerve and it helped with that. I stopped doing it for the first 12 weeks as I'd had some bleeding (nothing to do with Pilates) and I felt more comfortable not doing it. I'm back and I love it (25 weeks now!). It's isn't specifically a pregnancy class, just an ordinary one, but my instructor taught through both her pregnancies right upto due dates and she's fantastic. She adjusts the positions to tailor for my needs and shows me alternative moves when there's a position I can't do. She knows more about my pregnant body than I do & how to adjust so I don't ache as much! It has got a bit more difficult now I'm bigger as I have quite a bump already but it doesn't hinder me that much and I'm going to continue as long as I possibly can! I would highly recommend it, I feel great afterwards and I'm sure the benefits in the future are a bonus too.

I would suggest contacting a regular Pilates class and asking whether they cater for pregnant ladies too.

I've been doing a prenatal Pilates DVD which is great if that interests you?
Its called '10 minute solution prenatal Pilates'. I got it off ebay after reading good reviews and its great alternative to class if you wanna save money.

Hi, just wondering whether you had managed to find a pregnancy pilates class in Milton Keynes? I am looking for one too and struggling! x

It's not pilates but I know NCT offer a yoga class - perhaps there might be one local to you? xx

No classes I can get to and I know it's not the same but Tara Lee's pregnancy yoga (and her other dvds) dvd is really good if you're stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"