Anyone done long protocol on buserelin and gonal F?

Crosby

Reaction score
Hi girlies

Back doing IVF after a roller coaster year last year.

This is my first long protocol, i have DR for 3 weeks and have now been injecting gonal f 450 units.

This isnt a high dose for me as i normally stim on menopur 450. But this time i am having really bad abdomen pains and my next scan isnt till weds :((

I have read somewhere that OHSS is unlikely in women over 35 and especially with low AmH (this is me), but i am worried. I am just hoping my eggs are growing as i had a few cancelled cycles in the past.

Phew so many questions - how long did you stim on gonal F?

Thanks girls

Hi Crosby,

I stimmed for around 2/2.5 weeks during both rounds of IVF. On the first attempt, they started me on the lowest dose (112.5IU), as I was at an increased risk of OHSS due to having PCOS. My dosage was upped regularly over the last week, until I was eventually on 300IU. On that attempt, I ended up with 4 follicles and 3 eggs were retrieved, 2 of which fertilised. Due to the lack of embryos, I had a 2 day single embryo transfer- the other wasn't a good enough quality to be frozen. As you can see from my signature, I did fall pregnant after that attempt but sadly had a missed miscarriage.

On my second attempt, I was kept on a much more conservative dose for slightly longer (175IU for the entire 2.5 weeks). As much as it seemed to drag at the time, I'm glad the doctors did it that was as the second attempt was a lot more successful. This time around, I had 12 eggs retrieved, 10 of which fertilised. We managed to have a 5dt (again, single embryo, due to my clinics policy) and also had 4 embryos frozen. We were blessed to get another BFP and I'm now 30 weeks pregnant with a baby boy.

If you have any questions, just let me know. Good luck x

Thanks for such a detailed reply my lovely.

i am going for a scan tomorrow to see the progress.
No pain whatsoever today. Im now suspicious :(

Congrats on your pregnancy x

No problem at all.

Good luck for tomorrow. Let me know how you get on x

Hey Crosby I just wondered how you got on? X x
I'm doing isci on Gonal f second day injection 150 per evening, still on nasal spray burselin.
I've felt bloated for past two weeks, but getting pain , ache uncomfortAble in tummy, I also have pcos... Just makes u worry doesn't it . My scan isn't til fri 29th. X x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->