Anyone due this month we could share experiences together

Oh man, I went into false labor yesterday morning 38+4. Painful contractions diarrhea and vomiting just like with my first. They became regular: two close together and one further a part just like with my first, but they were short and after a few hrs they weren't getting longer or closer together and eventually fizzled out. I was sure it was the real deal! My husband and I both called out of work, told family and friends, etc. Went to the dr today and im 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, but no contractions.

On the plus side my BP hasn't gone up so bed rest or induction probably wont be necessary, which makes me happy, and I'm showing signs so it should hopefully be soon. Now I'm worried I wont know when it is the real thing though and I'll be hesitant to call my husband and end up giving birth by myself on the toilet or something! I guess that's another good thing about induction, avoiding situations like this.

Oh man, I went into false labor yesterday morning 38+4. Painful contractions diarrhea and vomiting just like with my first. They became regular: two close together and one further a part just like with my first, but they were short and after a few hrs they weren't getting longer or closer together and eventually fizzled out. I was sure it was the real deal! My husband and I both called out of work, told family and friends, etc. Went to the dr today and im 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, but no contractions.

On the plus side my BP hasn't gone up so bed rest or induction probably wont be necessary, which makes me happy, and I'm showing signs so it should hopefully be soon. Now I'm worried I wont know when it is the real thing though and I'll be hesitant to call my husband and end up giving birth by myself on the toilet or something! I guess that's another good thing about induction, avoiding situations like this.

Nooos! No toilet births. That kind of situation freaks me out too!

PAint, they generally let you go to 42 but I'm getting miserable and not seeing much benefit with her staying in. The induction would be at 41+1 but then I'm told it can take a couple days after.
Praying she will come on her own!!! I'm a month farther than my other pregnancy!

PAint, they generally let you go to 42 but I'm getting miserable and not seeing much benefit with her staying in. The induction would be at 41+1 but then I'm told it can take a couple days after.
Praying she will come on her own!!! I'm a month farther than my other pregnancy!

My OB wont let anyone go over 41 weeks, for some reason that is his 'policy' though if little man isnt here by then, I am willing to accept that.
My best friend has had both of hers at 37 weeks, and we were talking tonight about how I could possibly go 3 more weeks before its forced eviction...I wish my body liked me as much as hers.

Yeah different doctors or hospitals have different policies.

My husband and I kept thinking she would come 38-39 weeks. We somehow got that into our heads. So it's been disappointing and just getting harder and harder physically. I know I should be more patient but I'm also just ready.

Main thing is all our little ones are born healthy and strong :)

Looks like things might be getting started here. When i wiped this morning my mucus was tinged with pink and i've been getting a lot of pressure down there. It's probably not going to happen for a few days yet though.

Its been very quiet around here, how are you ladies doing?
I had some possible bloody show today on my pad, not sure what else it could be, time will tell.
39 week appt. Wendsday, I was considering asking for a sweep if possible. Not sure if OB will do it that early, as I didn't ask for one with DD.

Starting to think i'll never have any labor signs :( !!!!

I've been having flu-like symptoms ever since going into false labor last Thursday, nausea, diarrhea, tired, achey etc. It sucks, I hope it's just a symptom of impending labor. I have a check-up tomorrow so I'm going to tell my dr about it.

paintrider89, my dr said anything goes after 39 weeks and he would do a sweep if I wanted him to, I'm sure it's different depending on the dr though. I have a check-up on my due date and was going to ask for one then, but I'm tempted to ask for one tomorrow, just based on how I've been feeling. Haven't decided yet.

My doctor hasn't mentioned a sweep? Are they terribly uncomfortable? In think flu like symptoms are definitely signs. That's how I've been feeling lately too. I had my fetal assessment this morning, and the little gremlin is perfect, 7+ pounds, and moving like crazy! I hope all of that moving means that she wants out!

My doctor hasn't mentioned a sweep? Are they terribly uncomfortable? In think flu like symptoms are definitely signs. That's how I've been feeling lately too. I had my fetal assessment this morning, and the little gremlin is perfect, 7+ pounds, and moving like crazy! I hope all of that moving means that she wants out!

I think how uncomfortable it is depends on how soft, thinned out and dilated you are and how aggressive the dr is. I had one at 40+2 the first time around and I didn't find it very uncomfortable at all. Getting my cervix checked a week before was actually more painful and I bled a little afterwards, so I dont think my cervix was very favorable. I had my cervix checked at my last appointment because I had gone into labor and then it stopped and he said I was at least 1cm dilated but it was probably more like 2cm he just didn't want to try to get another finger in there because it may be uncomfortable for me and he didn't want to start things back up, so apparently it depends on that too. You could always ask about it and see if your cervix is favorable for one. I've heard it's only like 30% effective for triggering labor, but it cant hurt.

I think how uncomfortable it is depends on how soft, thinned out and dilated you are and how aggressive the dr is. I had one at 40+2 the first time around and I didn't find it very uncomfortable at all. Getting my cervix checked a week before was actually more painful and I bled a little afterwards, so I dont think my cervix was very favorable. I had my cervix checked at my last appointment because I had gone into labor and then it stopped and he said I was at least 1cm dilated but it was probably more like 2cm he just didn't want to try to get another finger in there because it may be uncomfortable for me and he didn't want to start things back up, so apparently it depends on that too. You could always ask about it and see if your cervix is favorable for one. I've heard it's only like 30% effective for triggering labor, but it cant hurt.

Oh ok. My cervix is high and tight, and I have been told that conditions are not favourable for induction... I guess it's the same for sweeps.

Well ladies happy to announce that Edith Mary arrived in to the world by emergency c section on her dute date weighing a whopping 9lb 14oz.

Jen congrats!!!!!!!!! So happy for you.
I know someone was out there having a baby!!!!!

I'm still sitting around waiting. Not really sitting. I took kids to the park and did a quick shopping while my mum watched kids. I'm done though. She needs to come soon. I have BH all the time and go to the bathroom what seems like all the time. My bump is very uncomfortable now and I'm just anxious for her to come. I'm being induced late Sunday night if she doesn't come sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->