Anyone Else? 2 under 2?

ALiKO

mommy :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Well I just recently found out I am pregnant again with my 2nd being only 9 months old! This will give an age gap of 18 months meaning i’ll be having 2 under 2. I am happy and grateful but also a bit nervous as I will be dealing with a 4 year old, an 18 month old, and a newborn.

Anyone else in the same boat or have similar experience? What did I get myself into:wacko:?

I am currently pregnant with my third as well! My kids will be 4, 22mo, and newborn when the new baby comes along! (3.5 & 14mo right now.) :) I'm nervous also. But I know we'll be able to handle it! Good luck to us both!! :D

We have a 20 month and 23 month age gap. I won't lie there are days it's hard but there are great things about it too. And it can be done! I'm now pregnant with our 4th. This time was a surprise! There will be a 2 year age gap this time.

OMG I am in the exact same boat!! I just found out I’m pregnant again with our third (NOT PLANNED - huge OMG moment) like you I am grateful but I’m nervous.. my youngest is 8.5 months old. When baby arrives I will have a 4 year old, an 18 month old and a new born! Would love to keep in contact with other mummies for support xxx

I’ve had 3 under 3 - when my third boy was born I had a newborn, a 12 month old and my eldest was 2 months off his third birthday!!!

It was manic, crazy! But worth it!!!

I'm not pregnant now but have the same gap (basically 19 months though) and it was actually surprisingly easy when my second was a baby, it got hard when she was 2/3 but now she is 4 and my eldest is turning 6 it's not so bad again! She is catching up with his abilities which means they can play together again. I wouldn't do the gap again lmao but it's not the worst thing and these days my two really are great friends. ♡

Im pg with my 3rd aswell, as much as im thrilled im at little anxious, il have a 6.5yr old, 2.4yr old & a newborn, im thinking well the eldest is at school most of time lol so trying to talk myself around & not go crazy, our daughter is 21months atm & shes very demanding, just keep thinking 9 months is alot of diff in growing to them :-/

I'm pregnant with number 3 and there'll be almost exactly a 2 year gap, give or take a week or 2 depending on lo's arrival. I'm delighted that my LG will have a sibling close in age but a bit nervous about bedtime and giving her attention when I'm bfing. She's always on the go and a not a great sleeper so it'll be a bit of a juggle!

This is what im dreading aswell Leanbh.. im just hoping that 7months time she’ll settle at bedtime better, fx

I had 2 under 13 months, 3 under 2.5, 4 under 4 and 5 in exactly 6 years and 4 days! All being well with this surprise pregnancy, we are headed for 6 under 7 �� The hardest bit about going from 1 baby to 2, is having to prioritise whose need is greater when they both want something. But you get used to it quickly, and it's lovely having them close. Xx

I don't have 2 under 2... but I did!

My DD was around 8 months old when I found out I were pregnant with my 2nd and they have a 14 month gap. I actually tried really hard not to hype myself up as to how hard it was going to be and it went by just fine. I love how DD and DS relate to each other <3 they love each other so much and are very protective of each other. I actually wish we decided to have our 3rd child sooner.

I had my daughter when my son was 18 months old! It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be.

I've just found out I'm expecting, I have a 15 month old so there'll be just under 2 years between them.
This will be baby no 5, baby's no 2 & 3 (8&9 now) only have 1 yr 3 days between them, fell pg when ds1 was only 10 weeks old. &#128562;

I'm pregnant with number 4 and there's a 3 year gap this time but my 2nd and 3rd babies were 16months apart. I won't lie there are moments that test you but i wouldnt change it for the world. Tbh I find it harder now at 3 and 2 that I did when I had a Newborn and 16month old! They have an amazing bond now too. But fight just as much lol! X

I'm expecting twins in a few months, my younger son will be max 22 months when they arrive. My older one is turning 4 in a month. Eek!

Wow thanks for the responses ladies I really appreciate it. Seems like for the most part it works itself out. But are we all nuts or what for having kids so close in age? haha :haha:.

I had two year and ten months between mine. Slightly different but in some ways it's been harder having just under three years. There's no point me having a double pushchair. My dd is tall and did not fit in them. I am limited to what I can do due to this. Also its things like bedtime. She wants me to stay with her while she falls asleep. The baby wakes. It's a vicious circle lol. Overall I have found that it's all multitasking when you have two at home. My toddler can't be trusted as she's still mischievous so with your first it's alot easier to pop out the room and no babies safe.

Some tips for those early days.

Get clothes out the night before
Pack babybag the night before you go out
My toddler didn't want to be a big girl in the early days. If baby had a blanket. She wanted a blanket. She loves me doing anything to her that baby has done. They share a bath so she feels that the attention is on both of them
Now Freddie is four months old my daughter is entertaining for him. She occupies him and makes him giggle.

Another tip. Get out when you can even if it's for a walk. It makes the day easier.

You may feel upside down for a week or two and then gradually things come together. Although my house is harder to keep up with now.

90% of the time things are great. Newborns sleep plenty usually. I've found the night feeds easier this time as I'm used to being woken lol. I can't imagine life without them both and it's worth the work.

Perks to you having a small gap. Your oldest can still go in a cot and pushchair. They will both like the same toys. They will grow up close. Days out will be easier to entertain both
Can eat similar foods once little ones eating. They will be growing up together and be at very similar stages when they get older.

You will have lots of washing lol. Congratulations it will be fine xx

I have 17 months between my first two. The final months of pregnancy and the first 6 or so months with two was hard, but they have such a close bond and it's really paid off having them close. My son will be 2.5 when my twins are born, so I think I'm more nervous about 3 under 3 than I ever was about 2 under 2

I might possibly have 3 under 3 :dohh: DS's birthday is July 12 and I'm due July 18. This was not the plan, but I'm hoping I survive! I found the first 6 months or so of my DD's life really tough. And my son is definitely getting to that "threenager" stage of testing EVERYTHING. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->