Anyone else a bit funny about their personal space?

Pearls18

Reaction score
I've got a hen do this weekend that I was looking forward to, but looking at our accommodation I have just realised that it will mean sharing a double bed with someone, I knew we were likely to be sharing a room but I didn't realise it was a bed. I know this is relatively normal particularly for "girly" things but I have been so funny about my personal space since I was a teenager, I hated sharing a bed then during sleepovers! I know most of the girls fairly well so it shouldn't be tooooo awkward, but tbh even if I shared with the hen my best friend I would hate it, plus we have to share a bathroom. I know it's so silly but the only person I am comfortable sharing a bed with is my husband and children, not helped by the fact I am pregnant and not sleeping well :( does this sound really silly or do you feel the same? Worried it's going to out a damper on the weekend.

Yeah I'd be the same.. Is there no way you can trade the room for two singles? I did this in Paris, and still wasn't quite comfortable!

I don't do sharing a bed. I have awful nightmares sometimes, and wake up freaked out and need to get away from people. It just wouldn't work for me. X

It's an apartment building and looking on the website it looks like each apartment only has double beds, there are sofas but I'd feel like a right party pooper and weirdo if I slept on the sofa lol, plus I haven't told them I have no intention of going to the club on sat night due to being pregnant lol.

I am exactly the same, need my space and no I wouldn't want to share a bed. A club doesn't sound much fun when you're pregnant either.

I am exactly the same, need my space and no I wouldn't want to share a bed. A club doesn't sound much fun when you're pregnant either.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thankfully the weekend is fairly tame for a hen do, it's mostly shopping, going out to dinner, pizza in on the Friday, it's just the club that isn't so hoping I can get out of it, especially as I would have nothing to wear!

i ahve a group of girls i meet up with every 6 months or so, they all room share and i always have my own room - i HATE sharuing and very much like my own space

Maybe just use the fact you're pregnant as an excuse to sleep on sofa if you're really uncomfortable with it. Explain that you get really hot and fidgety and need to get up loads in the night for the loo so you think it would be best to sleep on sofa. Would that work? Won't be very comfy on sofa but if it's your best friends hen do it might be worth the sacrifice?

That said I didn't go on my best friends hen weekend last week as I also dont like sharing rooms and
when she was getting numbers together I was pregnant and didn't think I'd feel up to clubbing or punting in the river at 20 weeks pregnant.

Maybe just use the fact you're pregnant as an excuse to sleep on sofa if you're really uncomfortable with it. Explain that you get really hot and fidgety and need to get up loads in the night for the loo so you think it would be best to sleep on sofa. Would that work? Won't be very comfy on sofa but if it's your best friends hen do it might be worth the sacrifice?

That said I didn't go on my best friends hen weekend last week as I also dont like sharing rooms and
when she was getting numbers together I was pregnant and didn't think I'd feel up to clubbing or punting in the river at 20 weeks pregnant.

Thank you that's a really good idea, I think a couple of the girls are only staying the Friday so I may be able to nab a room to myself second night. Yeah I did want to get out of it but feel really bad because the pregnancy meant I couldn't be bridesmaid, but the rest of the weekend is just dinner, shopping etc as my friends aren't big drinkers anyway so I think it's only the club on sat night that il need to duck out of :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->