Anyone else been window shopping yet?

dom85

Mum of 2, 3rd on the way
Reaction score
I know it's really early but have any of you been window shopping for baby yet?

We were at Bluewater the other day with a friend and her baby and she wanted to look at the clothes in Mothercare. OH wandered off to look at prams and car seats lol. He was taking them all apart and folding them down like a pro bless him. He's already chosen the one he thinks we should get :haha:

Is it just us?

It is definitely not just you!

We are pretty much set on everything - apart from gender specific things . ie bedding, rocker/ swing , clothes etc

We're far too planned and it's killing us, we want to buy it all now. We know its far too soon, but we're both just so excited.

We won't actually buy anything until 16 - 20 weeks. My bestest friend has already bought a comforter for bean.

Don't worry, you're not alone :happydance:

I'll second that, you're definitely not alone. We haven't bought any thing yet, but we're ALWAYS looking at stuff. We plan to start buying things in December that way we'll be almost in 3rd Tri, but window shopping has been really fun lately. Just visualizing our baby in that cute little outfit has made it so real for us.

YES! I have a bunch of stuff in my amazon cart and wish list LOL and I already bought a pack of pacifiers. I am determined to get this kid to take them! my other 2 wouldn't for more than 2 minutes.. my son mostly chewed on it lol. I was going to let my kids pick out a small toy or something each but my son wanted to get baby food or big toys and my daughter was just throwing a fit because she didn't sleep well the night before lol.

I some how managed to hold off on buying things with my first until we knew he was a boy, I already knew but we waited until it was confirmed. But with my daughter I was already buying clothes and toys and all that in pink before we had it confirmed lol I guess I have a good instinct.. or just got lucky LOL. I feel like this one is another girl (and hoping I'm right!).

I'm probably going to stock up on diapers and what not and little things until I know the gender for sure.

Shoot I started bookmarking websites about 3 seconds after we decided to start trying for our second. I don't plan on buying anything any time soon. But "pricing" things never hurts!

I've been window shopping for at least a year ;) I just need to get DH on board!

We want more than one kid, so I'm keeping all the big stuff gender neutral. White furniture, green nursery, colorful gender neutral bedding, mostly gender neutral diapers (planning to cloth diaper), neutral stroller, etc. I'm waiting on most of the clothes and things until we know what we're having, and I'm sure some gender specific reusable things will slip in. I have a good idea of the look I want in baby's room, but I have to make sure DH agrees.

I've gotten a few little things - some gender neutral onesies at a garage sale, and SIL bought me some blankets. I think we'll be getting a lot of stuff from other parents who are clearing out baby things, too. I'll probably wait a little longer on the big stuff, but if I see a good sale I won't hesitate to buy.

We have the same plans for the neutral colors. We don't really have a "plan" to have more kids, but it's more like if it happens again so be it, that's how the neutral thing came about. We still want them to have seperate rooms though unless they're the same sex, so we did plan on room colors for girl or boy b/c unfortunately their nursery will be their room until...! As for stroller, we want that to be the only thing gender specific beside the room colors, I don't know why but my DH thinks we should so I have to roll with it.

DH and I were planning on going to Babies R Us this weekend to start testing things out. We figure the registry process is going to take months to suss out.

I've had some more pink CM and light cramping and backache today so I'm now worried that shopping would get my hopes up.

Are you kidding, I already have my entire baby registry finished. I didn't send it out to anyone but yup all done. :)

I've got hyperemesis, so have just been internet browsing!

I am window shopping, but online. Not buying anything till mid third tri though. Pretty much know what I want to get but will have to see them in person first. Which I won't till we're in third tri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->