Anyone else being told how small your bump is??

MommaT

Reaction score
This is really starting to bother me. Friends, co-workers, and strangers have all told me how small I am for 29 weeks. As if we don’t have enough to worry about. :hissy::hissy::hissy:

Being constantly told how ‘small’ your bump is adds to the stress that you naturally have when pregnant because now all I think about is ‘is my baby too small’. I’m trying not to worry, especially since I measured two weeks bigger just last week, but I can’t help it. I want to scream and tell anyone who tells me that my bump is small that they don’t know what their talking about. :hissy:

No, the oppositte but i am measuring fine too - I really don't think looking at the size of a bump tells us much!
Just nod and smile and agree when people say it's small, then they'll shut up about it :hug:

I've been told this so many times. I tell them I've only got 4 weeks let, they don't believe it as my bump is so small.
At my last appt, i was measuring 2 n half weeks behind, hopefully he's caught up by next weeks appt xox

I get the 'oh god how big is your bump' by people who have never been pregnant...!

Ive always measured spot on for dates but get conflicting opinions from various people. One will say im big, the next will say im neat.

meeeeeee toooooo!!!!! i think people think they are paying you a compliment without thinking it through fully!!!! i have been through the whole is my baby growing properly scenario with my OH and been in tears a few times, but with much reassurance friom him and my brill midwife i am kinda ok with it now. i just think when u r preggers people seem to have an oppinion about everything, and think they can tell u anything without u being upset or annoyed by it, i know its hard hun, but try and take it with a pinch of salt and believe in your self x

Yep everyone is always saying it to me and my bump is fine. I'm 33 weeks and it measures 32cm. I have to have regular growth scans due to medical condition and he's always on the 50% line. My bump feels and looks enormous to me as I was only 6st 8 when I got pregnant and last time I was weighed a few weeks back I was 8st 2!

My midwife said my bump is all baby and because my stomach muscles are so good that's why my bump is nice and compact (also means all the midwives and docs I've had can't tell by feel which way round the baby is lol). So next time anyone says anything to you you can be nice and smug and tell people that it's because you are toned!

I get it too, all the time!!!!!!!! But I know Marley is gonna be on the small side, he's always measured 2 weeks behind, unless he has a mega growth spurt in the next couple months :? lol!!

I've had a lot of people ask if I'm even pregnant! ARGH!! YES I BLOODY AM!!!!

:(

Ive been getting this alot... and i do measure slightly under.
Im not worried though.

I get fed up with the.. your bump is small.. but your ass is massive!! lol
even my four year old made a slighty fat bum joke the other day grrrrr

I get told that all the time, about how small I am. But hes measuring right on. So im guessing I just wont have a bunch of fat to lose!!! Thank god!LOL

yep hun all the time! every i met said ooo ur soo neat and tiny! but iv since hadf a growth scan n bn told 2 expect a 9lb so dnt worry about it to much hun! ur prob all baby which cant b bad!

xxx

Yep, I've had this the whole way through, I think it's right that people think they're paying you a compliment without realising it might worry you! :dohh: Even today I was at a hospital appointment and the nurses etc was asking how far along I was - when I said 5 days overdue, their eyes went wide and they were staring at my bump saying how small I was! But the consultant is happy and that's all that matters :hugs:

I am small still and have 7 days left. I measured 34 weeks today but dr says I carry babies really well and I am a very lucky lady. I used to panic thinking OMG something is wrong etc but I quickly learned most people are just hating lol
Don't worry yourself or let them bug you

Some people say how small Bump looks and others comment on how big it is. First way makes you worry, as you say, and second makes you feel like a beached whale.

What's wrong with "You're looking really well/good/glowing"? :hissy:

I just think people either don't think before they speak or think they're paying you a compliment.

I didn't mind really being told how small my bump was; I'm a petite girl, my mom carried small during her pregnancies..

What I DO mind is when people comment on how tiny my baby was, she was 6lbs 1oz FFS she was a fine size, but when people ask if she was a preemie or how early she was.. or when people ask why she was so little, etc. :(

Don't worry, I am 29 wks and everyone is saying that I am small, but the midwife measures me big. My midwife said it might be because I have a long body- the baby might not stick out so much because there is plenty of room to manouvre between my ribs and pelvis.

Not sure whether that helps, but thats the excuse I am using!

I'm hoping it also means I can avoid some of the aches and pains some mothers have later on in pregnancy.

Me too....Iv been measuring 2 weeks behind, I was 35 weeks at 37...but not worrying about it, its all about how you carry your baby so its not a problem...the bigger you are the harder you have to work after baby arrives :)

I get this ALL THE TIME!!! I'm even measuring 1 weeks ahead! lol.....

I used to hate it, but now I'm starting to like it. Maybe it means I look skinny! haha...

Yes me too, and like others have said I was also measuring a week ahead at my appointment last week. I was at the hairdressers today and she didn't even notice I was pregnant :dohh:

There must be some advantages to having a small bump..........anyone?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->