Anyone else 'blessed' with a light sleeper

Bexivillian

Reaction score
My daughter must be the lightest sleeper in the world. Everything will wake her up! I have to tip toe whenever i go upstairs. If i cough in the night it wakes her up.

My partner has even taken to sleeping on the sofa when hes working lates (gets home at 4am), because she will wake up if he does upstairs. I am so tempted to move her bedroom to the back of the house!

Maybe i should have made more noise around her sleeping as a baby :dohh:

Yep!I think its individual and not environmental as we made minimal noise with eldest yet with my youngest she's had to try and sleep with a toddler rabbiting on/yelling, tv, playgroups and what not and they're both light sleepers!

Moving your daughters bedroom is a good idea from sounds of it :)

Just to give you a bit of hope, Thomas used to be like this but has largely grown out of it. He has been gradually getting better since about 14-15 months. Now we can go upstairs without waking him, I can even go into his room to check on him without him waking up!

I would move her bedroom only if you are sure that you would be able to get to it quickly in the event of a fire.

Mine is a very light sleeper too! On the one hand it's always kept me reassured about him not going into too deep a sleep when he was teeny as I was super paranoid about SIDS, so I was always a little relieved when he stirred or woke... but on the other hand it has meant our bedroom is out of bounds from 7pm until we go to bed e.g no putting laundry away or getting a change of clothes lol and also I think I've actually driven by DH slightly crazy by going "sssssh" and stressing at him to "turn the tv down!!!" For 13.5 months! I'm starting to hope he grows out of it soon as I'm desperate for him to sleep past 6:30am rather than waking as soon as the binmen/neighbours/birds start making noise!

Haha i am constantly telling OH to shhhh. Hes so loud! The bedroom is the other side of the house, maybe not, i didnt think of fires! Oh well, the creeping around must carry on! Thank you for giving me hope that the end of me being a nag is insight!

i have one of these adorable light sleepers too. i have learned which stairs and floorboards creek. there was a blue bottle fly in the bathroom and the buzzing woke her up :dohh:. my dh unfortunately couldnt be silent or quiet even if someone paid him a trillion euro :haha:. he is the loudest, accident prone person i know.

Yep totally know where you're coming from! Callum will wake up at the smallest noise, not so much at night but early morning/nap time he'll wake up if I cough/sneeze/walk around to loudly! Like others I have a noisy OH to so its really hard, i'm hoping he grows out of it xx

Yes it drives me nuts, OH wakes him at 5 am every damn morning for work.He claims it's not his fault but then why does the baby only wake at 6am when he's on days off??? ugh

Totally!

It has been easier the last week as she is only having one longer nap in the day and she is more tired for bed.

But it got to the point where i told hubby to take his shoes off at the front door rather than walk on teh floor boards in his suit shoes!

Sound slike own room is a good idea!

A fly?! Wow, i must get a fly swatter in case this senario occurs....!!

just curious as all your lo's are light sleepers, do they nap out in the buggy at all? im kinda afraid of your answers :haha:

just curious as all your lo's are light sleepers, do they nap out in the buggy at all? im kinda afraid of your answers :haha:

Callum will, but not for long unless he's really tired, he'll usually have about 40mins then wake up. Yesterday though he was so tired and we were in the shops and a couple of kids started to tantrum, he just slept through it, I was shocked! Its very rare though, he also likes me to keep pushing him when hes asleep, sometimes if I stop and its to soon he'll wake up then won't go back off til later xx

Nope, never. Its very frustrating! :)

yay im not alone lol. nicole has NEVER slept while out even as a newborn, shes too darn nosey. she almost dozed off wed on the way back home, a car drove passed slowly and that stopped her. only in the door a few mins and she went out cold:dohh:

W used to be such a light sleeper, and awful to settle in the first place, I even annoyed myself how often I'd ask people to shhh! He would even wake if I unwrapped a breastpad during the night after feeding him so I'd have to plan ahead and unwrap them before bed!

He's got so much better as he's got older tho, I've often had to rearrange him in the bed as he's been at the wrong end and he's not woken, there is hope!

No, not since about three months. He will very occasionally fall asleep in the buggy if very tired but he wouldn't sleep for long. He will sleep in the car seat though if the car is moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->