Anyone else broken the rules?!

I had a lovely brie sandwich yesterday!!!!! My inly down falll!!! I may be tempted by runny egg and dippy soldiers after reading some threads on here!!!!

Wouldn't be allowed to in front of other half though!!!!!! He'd go maaad!!!!!

Oh yeah were will i start! :rofl:

I have eaten prawns, mayonnaise, runny eggs and also drank wine!!

I think anything in moderation is okay. xx

Fish, prawns and shells are not on the no-list. It's actually quite important sources of nutrients.

The reason for people thinking this is bad is that some fish live in more polluted areas then others. Some you should stay away from, just do abit of research and you can eat almost anything.

Prawns are safe aslong as they are cooked and fresh.

too much junk food, almost everyday.
sushi, but lately i ve been eating cooked only.
sodas everyday

i didn t know u can t have mayonnaise or peanuts

i didn t know u can t have mayonnaise or peanuts

You can... they used to say not to have peanuts if you have a history of allergies, but the advice has recently changed. And mayonnaise is only an issue if it's homemade with raw egg, shop bought stuff will generally be totally fine :)

ouf i was scared
i stopped drinking tea and alcohol of course. although am dying for a gin tonic.

i also eat cheese quite often, like camembert and cream cheese in a sandwich.
and what s wrong with smoked salmon???

my problem is mainly with junkfood. i had someone who used to cook for us, but since that person left all i ve been eating is delivery stuff and mc donald s.

ouf i was scared
i stopped drinking tea and alcohol of course. although am dying for a gin tonic.

i also eat cheese quite often, like camembert and cream cheese in a sandwich.
and what s wrong with smoked salmon???

Cream cheese is fine but camembert is on the list of no-no's as is brie (basically any cheese with that sort of white rind). As for smoked salmon, according to the food standards agency https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/agesandstages/pregnancy/:

Some countries advise pregnant women not to eat cold meats or smoked fish because of the risk of listeria. In the UK, we don't advise women to avoid these products because the risk is very low

Hurrah for smoked salmon I say, and the occasional small glass of champagne. I'm determined to be a happy incubator and find a healthy balance.

where do i begin...... every thing in moderation!!!

Wine
Champagne
Beer
ONLY A GLASSS EVERY NOW AND AGAIN

Tea
coffee
Runny eggs
Pate
All sorts of shell fish
Rare steak
Blue cheese
Unpasturised cheese
Hot baths.

Whos gunna run me out of town first...?

P.S i donk smoke, take drugs, i have an active life style and eat my 5 a day .... :blush:

so am wondering if it s ok to have a drink other than wine every now and then

i don t smoke, do drugs or drink much but am seriously craving a drink like really really bad.
is gin or vodka as in smirnoff ice really wrong during pregnancy

Ahh...baked brie sounds SOOOOOO good....and a Smirnoff ice has pretty low alcohol content, I would bet...probably not more than a glass of wine or beer. Some people are dead set against any drink at all but if you would allow yourself a glass of wine, I would guess you could easily sub a S.I, if that is what you are craving.
I have only taken a sip of DHs drink here and there. He scowled about it but I told him it helped me feel like I was still an adult:)

i never drink wine or beer so i guess i can substitute them with S.I

how soon after giving birth can u drink??

I had some sort of mocha shake at a fast food restaurant, and I'm pretty sure they used soft serve ice cream in it. :shrug: It was yummy. Oh, and I've had a couple of sips of Newcastle here and there....

i never drink wine or beer so i guess i can substitute them with S.I

how soon after giving birth can u drink??
Depends on how you want to feed the baby! It's fine to drink alcohol when you're breast feeding, but you just have to keep in mind that as long as the alcohol is in your blood stream, it's in your breast milk. So, say, if you alternated with breast milk and formula, you could drink and give the baby formula for a day and then go back to breast feeding. Also, they say you can celebrate with a glass of champagne in the hospital after you give birth. :shrug:

ya the breastfeeeding is an issue.
i guess i won t be drinking then either
and i doub t i ll have a glass of champagne. people here will think am totally crazy.

I have only taken a sip of DHs drink here and there.

I do this too! just to feel grown up! and to remind myself what alcohol tastes like!

I have runny eggs but only from free range eggs with the lion stamp that states chickens have been immunised against salmonella!

I have 2 cups a tea a day max

and yeah basically its the junk food that is tempting me; although i still make sure i eat healthy stuff inbetween!

I adore Tuna Rolls! I have one or 2 almost every 2 days. Aside from the "risk" of eating sushi, I worry about the amount of tuna I'm eating, but then I did some research and found out that there's only about 1 ounce of tuna per roll, so I only eat about 7 or 8 ounces a week (and we're allotted about 12 ounces a week). Sushi is so delicious...
I've also had a bagel with Lox and cream cheese, yum yum.
And I've had buffalo wings with blue cheese dressing, equally yum yum.
I give thanks and pray before I eat, also...so I feel I needn't worry excessively.
(also a small glass of wine the other night. The very sweet, Jewish wine.)

Other than that I rarely touch any caffeine except the occasional mini chocolate bar...though I'm about to make an ice cream float and have a brownie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->