Anyone else christian, pregnant, and unmarried?

newmommy21

Reaction score
Many of you may judge me because I am a christian and unmarried while pregnant. I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation? If so, perhaps we could talk :)

I am having thoughts about what to tell my parents about my situation...I am just not sure, have any of you told your parents? If so, how did it go?

Thanks x

Many of you may judge me because I am a christian and unmarried while pregnant. I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation? If so, perhaps we could talk :)

I am having thoughts about what to tell my parents about my situation...I am just not sure, have any of you told your parents? If so, how did it go?

Thanks x

Isn't religion about compassion, kindness and love? I am sure things will workout just fine:)Stay positive and dont worry about what others think.Your priority should be your bean right now.

I'm a Christian, I'm married now, but I wasn't when I became pregnant. I understand what you are going (I imagine anyway) through... if you want to talk I'm here. :)

I would definitely love to talk, to know what you went through and how you dealt with it!

I was with my first and she was sort of planned. My parents weren't too happy when I told them. DH and I did get married when I supposed to be nearly 8 months, but we lost her 2 weeks before the wedding.

I am Christian, unmarried and expecting, but my case is quite different from yours because I'm a man. I gather from your post that you're quite young which does create more challenges as well. Here's a few things I would consider, given that you want to handle this in a Christian way.
First of all, I am assuming this is unplanned? I would explain to your parents that this wasn't something you were looking to have happen, but accidents do sometimes. Obviously you don't wish to abort. I'm assuming you also don't wish to give the baby up for adoption, but I suspect that is going to be suggested to you from more than one quarter. Listen to it politely but then stress that you have prayed about it and that you feel the Lord Jesus is asking you to keep the baby. I find that telling people you have prayed and that feel you are following the path God has put before you is very disarming. What can they say, that you heard God wrong? Our relationship with Him is so personal, most people won't say that to you even if they might think it. Depending on the sort of person he is, you might also talk to your pastor. If he's a true servant of Christ, he'll be sympathetic and helpful.
One thing to watch for - don't let yourself feel ashamed of anything. Don't hide your pregnancy - you don't need to throw it in people's faces, but you are going to be having a wonderful child - don't allow anyone to attach a hint of shame to his birth. Make sure someone throws you a shower and invites as many ladies from your church as they think will come. Children are a blessing and you need to make sure yours is treated like one.

hi! i am christian, almost due, and not even with the father. long story, but every thing happens for a reason. as said by Chase, children are a blessing and a gift from God, regardless if you are married or not. it will all work out fine hon. ill be praying for you

I totally understand what you're going through.I too am christian (Catholic), and my parents are very devout Catholics. I got pregnant when i was 18 and it was very hard to tell my parents as well. Long story short when they found out of course they were sad and dissapointed but they made it clear that no matter what they'd support me and be by my side because I am their child. I'm sure your parents will be understanding. Believe me, i did not expect such a calm revelation. Society, however, is what you deal with. And like what everyone else is saying, you just have to be strong, educated and persevere! I know you can. I commend you for keeping your baby :) Just think of it like this: there are so many girls out there having sex and just because they don't have babies doesn't mean none of them have not gotten pregnant [edited by admin as per forum rules] Just continue to keep your head up and think of your new miracle as just another cross to carry:) Good luck! I'm always here to talk.

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I am 21 have a great career and a lovely apartment where I have lived for almost a year now. My OH and I just got engaged and the next day found out I am pregnant. It will be quite the shock to everyone in our family because me and OH have only been dating 3 months, but we know in our hearts God wants us to be together.

We wanted to wait a few weeks for my scan to make sure everything is going good with bean before we told everyone we are engaged and pregnant. We just hope our family doesn't think we want to get married because of a baby, but if they do then that's what they think. Me and OH know what the truth is.

Again, thank you for your prayers everyone, it means a lot to me. xx

I am a christian and a postors wife. I see people in your situation often. If you need to talk Im here for you. and remember that every good and perfect gift comes from God and that all things will work together for good.:hugs:

flickyface is right, God works all things together for good to those who love God <3

I am a Christian, pregnant, and not married as well. I'm currently single at the moment after going through things with my first for four years .. Long story but everything happens for a reason and what's meant to be will be! I broke the news to my mother and she is extremely happy, yes she wants me and the father of this baby to be together, as well as I do .. But we shall see. My father however .. Doesn't like it and unfortunately still hasn't accepted the fact that I am pregnant. The father's parents and family are extremely happy and keep telling him to step up before he loses a good woman in his life. Men these days. LOL. Try not to stress over it. A baby is a beautiful blessing and if others don't support you, they'll eventually come around. Think positive and enjoy your pregnancy!

Im christian unmarried and expecting... Im fine w it an my family is too. My mom n dad are just hopung for a healthy baby and their very excited:)

This forum is old, but I was Googling for answers and clarity and I ran across this.

I am 33, so is my boyfriend. We are unmarried and pregnant and my mother has pretty much shamed me and decided not to be involved with me or the baby because I refuse to get married before the baby arrives.

The issue here is that my boyfriend and I have only been together 6 months. Now we are 2.5 months pregnant. While my boyfriend is excited about fatherhood since this is his first baby and I am just as excited about this, I do not want to marry JUST BECAUSE we got pregnant. We are still VERY early in our relationship and I'd like for marriage to happen when we are both emotionally, spiritually and financially ready. Besides that, I'd rather get married AFTER the baby is born.

I am hurt that my mother refuses to be bothered because I am having a baby but not ready for marriage. She has emailed me with dozens of bible verses shaming me for making up my mind to do it this way and has basically told me that she..along with God...has turned their back on me and my baby and God will punish us and neither me or my baby are going to be favored by God.

I'm not in your situation-but I'm a christian. I just want to encourage you. We are not condemned in Christ. You are so loved...and so is this baby you are carrying. If people judge you- than shame on them. If you ever need/want to talk I am here. 2 of my best friends went through pregnancies(not married), and they did amazing...

Although I'm not quite sure why you have your*reservations to marry him as you are religious and have a little one on the way, I think the way your mother is acting is atrocious and not at all what Jesus would do. I'm sure she's trying to save you from perceived heartache but that is NOT the way to go about it. I'm very sorry and I hope she comes around and also that you and your your bf can figure out your future, whether it be together or not! Lots of hugs!

I am, also to be married in the next 3 months. Totally unexpected, and we were in denial. I told my mother, and she was very hurt and disappointed. In talks with our Pastor now, because I'm in Ohio(staying with my Mum) and my fiancé is in Texas…

hi,
i'm experiencing something similar and feels stressed.. and i'm hoping to find someone to talk to...?

I was unmarried with my first baby. It was hard telling my mom, she was very disappointed, but as the pregnancy went on she was more and more excited. She loves my 5 yr. old now and I wouldn't change a single part of anything that happened. They can get upset if they want but it's your life and you are about to bring the biggest blessing into it.

Our God always gives Grace to his children, or to those who has accepted his son as Lord. My sister in law dealt with this a few years ago and wanted to abort. I talked her out of it after telling her that God had a perfect plan for her and her baby. She told her parents and while initially they were upset they now can't imagine their lives without their granddaughter. She got married when she was around 6 months pregnant. She and her spouse are still together and their daughter is now 2 1/2.

The hardest part is feeling the judgement of others. I think we've all been there but if someone truly is a Christian that will love you just as you are...a sinner, unclean just like every single person on this earth. God is merciful and Good and he knows what your facing and wants to carry you through it. Stay strong and trust him. His plan and timing is always perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->