• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone else conceive while on birth control??

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
This pregnancy for me was totally unplanned. I was on ortho novum..but had noticed some irregularities during my last pill pack. I tested when I hadn't had a period for a month and a half and it was positive. I have my first appointment tomorrow but the doctor told me that your hormones can fluctuate while on the pill and you can get pregnant if your dose is not right. I am still curious about what happened and wondering if anyone else has gotten pregnant while on birth control.

Hi hun I've nipped in from second tri my little boy ( pregnancy before this one) was conceived on birth control and after taking morning after pill lol my body is incredibly fertile so yes it happens :) wouldn't change him for the world .
I was on microgynon when I fell with him I has taken the morning after pill as a precaution because I was so paranoid it wouldn't work and I was right ! I has only been on it for a month.
So yes it doesn't always work I later found out my body is funny with progesterone pills and I now use a third generation combined pill which has more oestrogen and a lot less progesterone :) works fine
This baby was totally planned just to prove how fertile my body is I came off the pill on the Tuesday fell pregnant Friday lol

Your not the only one hope your ok of you need a chat feel free to pm

Emma

Yep, on mini pill, got pregnant with my son 3 months after weaning my daughter!

My mother in law was on the pill when she concieved him, the father of my baby hehe xxx

I am finding out it's not uncommon for a whole host of things to interfere with the pill. It's okay. I mean, if I am meant to be pregnant, I will be thankful for a new life. I was just so stunned to be pregnant.

I was on the pill with this baby. Total unplanned. I loved how my OB asked me three times if I missed a pill. I had to nicely explain that I'm not an idiot and if I did then I wouldn't waste my time saying no.

My mother told me that I was a birth control baby, so yes looks like we are what they call those "rare" cases of unmissed pills.

Yup, my 2YO was conceived on the mini pill & then I got pregnant first month of trying with this one so we are obviously quite a fertile pair!!

I was on the pill with this baby. Total unplanned. I loved how my OB asked me three times if I missed a pill. I had to nicely explain that I'm not an idiot and if I did then I wouldn't waste my time saying no.

My mother told me that I was a birth control baby, so yes looks like we are what they call those "rare" cases of unmissed pills.

Yes! My doctor asked me the same thing. I was thinking, "Yeah, I would have told you if I missed a pill. I'm not a moron!"

I had recently started working out pretty seriously (about 3 months ago) and my doctor said it could have impacted my hormone levels. Right now, I just want to make sure the baby is in the right spot (my uterus) and that it's not ectopic. I am assuming it's not because I am feeling pretty normal. The more I read about getting pregnant on the pill, the more I find cases of it happening to people who didn't miss a pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"