Anyone else double pram hunting this far advance?

pinkstarbinks

Reaction score
I've been having a look at them, have had a double before - out n about nipper 360, but wouldn't again as would like it to fit through our front door so a tandem is needed. Considering quite a few at the moment, are there any other double shoppers to be out there? What's caught your eye?

Yes!! We already have a double but its a side by side so also needing a tandem suitable for a newborn & 18 month old to be :flower:

I have had so many prams...I exhaust myself looking at them sometimes lol

My fave tandems at the moment are the Obaby Zezu with tandem kit & phil and teds navigator or promenade with doubles kits....I need an all terrain pram as we live in the sticks and walk everywhere :)

I'm on #3 and we just upgraded our old Phil and Ted's to the new-er Phil and Ted's Vibe. The children are 'stacked' (one on top of the other) and you can get what's called a cocoon for the baby when it's really small (it's basically a padded box for them to lie flat in): you can change the bottom seat to fit this in.

I really like the Vibe: it's fairly narrow and very comfy. My one complaint is that the straps seem really short: my two are not big at all for their ages (quite the opposite) and over the winter we sometimes struggled to make the straps reach when they were in sweaters and thicker coats. But other than that, I'm very happy with it.

I think side by side strollers are really awkward: they're just so big and bulky (even the slimmer ones like the Bugaboo Donkey). There are some which have the seats on the same level but set out one in front of the other which look nice: sometimes they're quite hard to steer I think though since they're so long.

Doubles are expensive and a big decision, so definitely go try them out before buying one.

HTH.

Yup! Have it all planned!

DD1 has the I candy peach 2 ... So just need to buy the blossom conversion pack so that I can make it a two seater! I love how the I candy becomes a double! One seat above the other meaning not too long and not too wide, pretty much similar to how it was before! Newborn goes underneath in car seat/carry cot/ chair from 6months ... DD1 stays at the top on her chair.

I have to say though, my pram has pink in it haha so sorry little bean if your a boy, mummy won't be very stereotypically blue :haha:

I already have a Phil and Teds Navigator that converts to a double which is great for off road walks as we live on a farm but I think it is too bulky to use in the car. So any suggestions for lightweight compact ones?

Peach 3 blossom for us. I like the way it is so versatile, and having had an icandy before I liked the quality.

Yep lol
We have a bugaboo donkey reserved we paid a deposit once I've had my 12 week scan I will pay it off :) I don't think it's too early the place I'm getting mine from you can pay a deposit then pay installments or all in one go and even if you pay it all you can still ask them to deliver nearer the time :)
Going to get ours delivered in November I think

Em

I'm looking at a Phil and teds but not sure which one... Probably won't get used for long really so I'll probably buy one second hand :shrug:

I have the Phil and teds verve that we bought fr youngest two who are only 10months apart - and it was fab! Light for such a great buggy, numerous seat combinations and cosy cocoon for baby as a newborn :)

Will be using again for this one (dc4) and dc3 who will be 19/20months ish when baby arrives

Love all the mentioned prams, had to check out the obaby one as hadn't seen that before. I'm pretty indecisive about it but short list is:

P&T navigator - not sure about having a 3 wheeler my 3 wheel luna was annoying!
Icandy Peach 3 - expensive! £860+
Babystyle Oyster Max - had original oyster and loved it
Uppababy Vista - second seat doesn't recline
Icandy peach 2 - heard new version has bigger seats possibly writing this off but it'd be much cheaper.

Choices! One of the nice ones though

I have the Phil and teds verve that we bought fr youngest two who are only 10months apart - and it was fab! Light for such a great buggy, numerous seat combinations and cosy cocoon for baby as a newborn :)

Will be using again for this one (dc4) and dc3 who will be 19/20months ish when baby arrives

Is it easy to get newborn in and out? Always wondered with the second seat being on top

Change of plan think after seeing icandy peach 3, babystyle oyster Max and phil and teds dot/navigator today and popping ds2 in them.... The phil and teds dot is my fav! Love it.

Hi pink ribbon, yes very easy! The cocoon slides in and out super easy and even when they move into the bottom seat ( earlier in the verve than other models as bottom seat reclines really well) it's still easy - my two can sit in the bottom seat no problem and the 2yr old is tall for his age :)

We had the donkey for our first so now we just need to buy the extra bassinet/seat :) I would highly recommend it I use it every day for literally everything, and the air tires are such a nice feature!

We went for a little look at kiddicare today. I'm even more confused now than when I started. I like the look of the Bugaboo Donkey but the price is a little bit scary ;) I liked the look of the Oyster max too but not sure about the length of it and after reading some reviews about it I'm not sure it will be right for us. One thing is for sure though, I definitely need to start saving lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"