Anyone else expecting that has teenagers?

waiting4num6

Reaction score
Hi. I'm 37 years old and pregnant for the 4th time. I actually have 5 kids already, but we were blessed to have adopted twice, so this will be number 6. The thing is, I have 3 teenagers (16, 15, and 13) and I'm worried about telling my older kids the news. I plan to wait a little longer, since I'm only 6 weeks along, but just recently my 13 year DD told me she thought it was gross when older women got pregnant. I don't feel old and I'm super excited about this pregnancy (my DH actually had his vasectomy reversed 7 months ago) but I'm worried she will be embarrassed by my pregnancy and in the process sap my joy. Anyone else raising teens and pregnant?

Me!!! I am 38 and i have a 17 year old...i have 4 children and 1 in the oven...ages are 17, 12,6, 2 ...and i am 5 weeks along. My 12 year old and 6 year old WANT me to have a baby..but my 17 year old son who is a broody mess does NOT. I am actually More worried about DH family finding out..he is 48 years old...and while i don't feel like he is that old at all...(we have a 2 year old) they like to remind him that he isn't young...and they never liked us having kids after our 1st one...his parents are still around and they are very active and opinionated...so this is going to be FUN!!!!

I understand not wanting to tell the in-laws. I am also doubting that many of our extended family will be happy for us. Most people don't understand us wanting a big family and then there's the age thing...

Hi. I'm 37 years old and pregnant for the 4th time. I actually have 5 kids already, but we were blessed to have adopted twice, so this will be number 6. The thing is, I have 3 teenagers (16, 15, and 13) and I'm worried about telling my older kids the news. I plan to wait a little longer, since I'm only 6 weeks along, but just recently my 13 year DD told me she thought it was gross when older women got pregnant. I don't feel old and I'm super excited about this pregnancy (my DH actually had his vasectomy reversed 7 months ago) but I'm worried she will be embarrassed by my pregnancy and in the process sap my joy. Anyone else raising teens and pregnant?

I was suprised with a BFP for my 39th birthday. At the time my husband and I had a 19 yo, 16 yo, 13 yo and 12 yo between us. Since the 19 and 16 yr olds are both girls, we put the pos preg test on their bathroom cabinet and listened to them fight over it until they finally came in to see us laughing hysterically! Unfortunately, they were almost as devasted as we were when we had a miscarriage at 6 wks.

Even though they may say they are disgusted, they will be fine!! Just remember they will go through shock and everything else but they will eventually come to terms with it.

We have two teenagers (15 year old daughter, 13 year old son), an 11 year old (son) and a 2 year old.

We didn't tell the kids we were thinking of having another baby, but soon after the BFP I told my daughter and she was super excited! The boys were also very happy for it. (Well, I'm not sure how much the 2 year old understands yet, lol). I'm sure it depends a LOT on the teenagers' personalities and the way your relationship is going with them right now, but I don't think there's any reason for them to be embarrassed by the pregnancy, at least not the mechanics of it.

I was really hesitant to tell anyone else, especially my in-laws, this time because I was afraid they would react negatively and sap our joy, but in reality, everyone was excited and supportive!

Yes, I am 37 have 4 kid's aged 2, 12, 14 and 16, and currently 6 week's pregnant with number 5. Hubby had a vacectomy reversal 3 year's ago(which resulted in our fourth child). This pregnancy is a huge surprise, but thankfully all my kid's are being super supportive and extremely excited. I would not be stressed with telling your kids , I think you will find(after the initial shock) they will be extremely excited about the prospect of a new family member. Good luck:)

We have decided to wait to tell anyone until we at least have an ultrasound and see the heartbeat. But I am very encouraged to know that there are other pregnant women with teenagers that are excited about their pregnancy. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around it all. When we contacted the surgeon about a vasectomy reversal our odds weren't good, but the surgery went perfectly and just 6 months later...I'm pregnant! I love that this forum for "over 35" was started. I feel plenty young enough to have another baby, but sometimes the rest of the world makes me feel odd for wanting more kids at my age. Thanks for your replies!

I've got a 23, 19, 16, 14, 5 and 10 month old followed by a granddaughter who is 4 and a grandson who is 6 months. LOL Yeah, I think I meet the criteria.

I've just got one. she is 15. Now expecting my second.

I have a 17 yr old son and a 7 yr old !!! So I know how u feel teenagers are so moody it's hard to know how they will react
Like jade said everyone was pretty torn up after our MC @ 7 wks so I'm waiting until we know gender to tell them!!

I hope you don't mind me posting, I was the woman with older children and pregnant, I now have a 2 year old to prove it! But thought I'd share a little of my story.
I too found myself pregnant 2 months before my 39th birthday with an accident! At that time my boys were almost 21, 12 and 9, they were surprised but pleased. Sadly I miscarried at 8 weeks. We tried again and got pregant almost straight away, sadly I lost our little boy 18 weeks into the pregnancy.

We decided to try one last time, thankfully we got our beautiful little girl. I turned 40 whilst pregnant with her and DH turned 48 just before she was born. I'm now almost 43 and DH is 50, My eldest son is now 25 and DH and my sons are now 15 and 13. I think all the boys were surprised initially but soon became excited, sadly the loss of our babies was awful for them too. Now things are truly fantastic for all of us, our boys absolutely worship their little sister, they will do anything for her, they will even stop playing on their Xbox/PlayStation if she asks them to play with her lol. Not only has she brightened up the lives in our immediate family but she's also brightened up the lives of all our family and friends. My ILs adore her, she's given them both a new lease of life (too old to really babysit now, but they love visiting and spending time with her), most of our friends have older children so they love spending time with a little person again.

Good luck to everyone xxx

Hi ladies. My kids were 10, 18 & 19 when my 19 mo was born. My partner had kids who were 19, 18, 14 and 12.
My partner's 3 youngest kids have refused to have anything to do with any of us since the day lo was born. His eldest has seen her twice but basically ignored her.
My oldest two boys adore her (and their 5mo sister), although my 18yo moved out the week after she was born. And my original 'baby' who was 10 at the time adores the 19mo, is a little less sure of the 5mo (the toddler NEVER cried as a baby, and the 5mo does occassionally cry). She definitely feels the change though. She feels very pushed aside, despite the fact that I'm home full time now and she actually spends more time with me.
We aren't going to tell any of the kids we're having another baby this time. They'll figure it out in their own time and we're having enough family dramas without adding to it atm.

Wow I was thinking at 38 and with a 20,18,12,10,4 and 18month that I was mad but lovely to see lots of big families xx

I am 38 and have DD 14 (almost), DD 9, and DS 3. MMC in June at 10 weeks and now ttc again. Our oldest does not want another one...but for the same reason...we are too old to have a baby and its gross. But also because she is afraid of at our age something being wrong. She is a typical teenage girl. All hormones. The younger 2 both want a baby. Most of our family thinks we are crazy esp after the mmc. But I do not feel our family is complete.

I'm 37, with an 18yr old son and a 12yr old daughter
I had miscarriage earlier this year and they were devastated.

We just found out yesterday that we are expecting. I think I'm going to wait until the first U/S before breaking the news. I have a Dr's appt today for bloodwork.

Hi, I got my BFP this weekend! I am 36 and have 4 kids aged 16 to 8. Their Dad had a baby 2 years ago and is expecting another with his partner so they are used to it I think. Im more worried about my 10yr old. My 3 eldest (16,14,10) live with their Dad and I care full time for my special needs son. His needs are quite profound and sadly we decided a year ago that it would be best if they lived with their dad. I see them often but its not ideal. I met my boyfriend 7 months ago and were mad about each other. He's 45 and its his first child so thats exciting! Anyway, hope to get to know you all better xxx

I have 3 boys who this yr turn 11, 9 and 2.
Just found out am pregnant with baby #4

I have a 22 year old, 9 year old, and I am pregnant now. All october birthdays so my 22 year old will be 23 and my 9 year old 10 by the time baby is born. All girls!! 23 and 9 year old are really close, but 9 year old does complain that 22 year old goes out with her friends and doesnt invite her (obviously this is common). I am thinking my 9 year old will be on the other side of that equation in a few years when baby is 9 and my 9 year old is now 19 or 20! lol

I'm 42 and have 24, 17, 8, 5 yr twins, 2 and currently 4 wks 6 days preg. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->