anyone else faintin?

neady

Reaction score
on saturday me OH, his auntie and her partner decided to go out for the day xmas shoppin, we went to a cafe and had somethin to eat and drink, then i decided that i would nip into boots for my few hospital bag bits and my free changin bag from there. felt totally fine, qued up and was just about to pay and had another one of my funny turns, shouted OH to come over and luckily he just caught me in time, he said my whole body was shakin and my eyes were at the back of my head. rather embarasin, as u can imagine how packed boots was on a saturday at lunch time. i petrified the shop assistant half to death who ran off to get some-one and a chair for me to sit on, she come back with a big drink of water for me and told me to sit down whilst someone come to check me over. the thing is no sooner had it happened i felt totally fine again, and i mean totally fine! my OH and his auntie was more paler then me, OH was in a right state bless him, so god knows what hes goin to be like when im in labour if he cant handle me faintin or whatever i did.

ive had these a fair few times throughout my pregnancy but this one was by far the worse. does anyone else have the same kinda thing,
normally its just a sudden feelin of like im goin to faint, no build up of feelin crappy or anythin, then like someone is turnin the volume down inside your head.

i suffer bad with panik attacks, well should say did do as i now fight them off before they start, so when i feel faint i really really fight it off as i know if i did faint id have a severe panick attack, always have done before hand.

im now scared of going anywhere on my own, incase it happens again as it was soooooo sudden. && now i just keep thinkin what if my OH hadnt of caught me? and keep thinkin bad things. im not allowed anywhere on my own now anyway as OH is constantly there askin me if im ok every 2mins its drivin me mad!

i stupidly didnt go hospital afterwards, as like i said felt totally fine and didnt want to worry myself even more by going. i rang them once i got home and explained what had happened, midwife on phone said i was probably anemic so i asked her if she would be able to check my bloods from 2week ago which she did, and they had come back totally fine. she said if it happened again to make apointment with my GP. and that was that.

please tell me im not on my own!

Ahhh hun bless must be sooo scary!!(Ahh your OH sounds like a star bless him) I have never had this I have had a friend though who fainted alot during her pregnancy you should definately ask your midwife about it & if you can see if there are any triggers that could be starting it off (Like not having any sugar for a while, Or dehydrated etc) hope it stops soon hun :) xxx

Sorry chick just read that you had already asked your midwife....Maybe your doc will be able to help a bit more ;)

Not on your own luv...i get this all the time too and i have been told its due to my very low blood pressure..i have a very low 'trend' apparently. When to see GP about it after having very low bp readings from my 28 wk midwife app. GP also got very low readings and got an OB consult- consult said not much they can do about low bp as its actually quite healthy for baby, but just very inconvenient for me! Only thing i can do is rest- put my feet up when i feel faint, and sleep when my body tells me to!

everyone kept suggesting it was because i needed to eat something- but like you, i have eaten when i get these faint spells. Only thing that boosts me for a bit is salt- as it raises your bp!

hope that helps?! xx

Something like this happened to me on friday. I was at the hair dressers having my hair cut, and came over hot and sweaty and feeling very faint. Lucky I was already sat down, and after a bit of fresh air I suddenly felt fine as quick as i felt faint. Very Strange.

on saturday me OH, his auntie and her partner decided to go out for the day xmas shoppin, we went to a cafe and had somethin to eat and drink, then i decided that i would nip into boots for my few hospital bag bits and my free changin bag from there. felt totally fine, qued up and was just about to pay and had another one of my funny turns, shouted OH to come over and luckily he just caught me in time, he said my whole body was shakin and my eyes were at the back of my head. rather embarasin, as u can imagine how packed boots was on a saturday at lunch time. i petrified the shop assistant half to death who ran off to get some-one and a chair for me to sit on, she come back with a big drink of water for me and told me to sit down whilst someone come to check me over. the thing is no sooner had it happened i felt totally fine again, and i mean totally fine! my OH and his auntie was more paler then me, OH was in a right state bless him, so god knows what hes goin to be like when im in labour if he cant handle me faintin or whatever i did.

ive had these a fair few times throughout my pregnancy but this one was by far the worse. does anyone else have the same kinda thing,
normally its just a sudden feelin of like im goin to faint, no build up of feelin crappy or anythin, then like someone is turnin the volume down inside your head.

i suffer bad with panik attacks, well should say did do as i now fight them off before they start, so when i feel faint i really really fight it off as i know if i did faint id have a severe panick attack, always have done before hand.

im now scared of going anywhere on my own, incase it happens again as it was soooooo sudden. && now i just keep thinkin what if my OH hadnt of caught me? and keep thinkin bad things. im not allowed anywhere on my own now anyway as OH is constantly there askin me if im ok every 2mins its drivin me mad!

i stupidly didnt go hospital afterwards, as like i said felt totally fine and didnt want to worry myself even more by going. i rang them once i got home and explained what had happened, midwife on phone said i was probably anemic so i asked her if she would be able to check my bloods from 2week ago which she did, and they had come back totally fine. she said if it happened again to make apointment with my GP. and that was that.

please tell me im not on my own!

the whole shakin part sounds like a fit....thats really scary :nope:

I've come close more than a few times since I've been pregnant! Once was in Boots too!! I had to sit down in the middle of the floor - I felt like a right fool. Luckily I've been able to get outside or sit down quickly enough that I haven't actually passed out yet.. scared to death that it's going to happen though! My bp is actually on the high end. (and yeah - I've always eaten prior to these spells as well.) No idea what it is. my iron is only a tiny bit low, they're not concerned enough to put me on tablets. They just keep writing "dizzy spells" in my notes and not bothering too much about it. I'm going to ask again at my appointment this week as I feel like it's getting a bit worse.

Thank goodness someone was there to catch you!! :hugs:

Yep, first official fainting episode on Friday at the midwives. My blood pressure has been low throughout but on Friday it was down to 80/40 and I fainted after they tried to take my blood 5 or 6 times and my veins kept collapsing.

later the same day I passed out after eating so decided to take a sick day at work!

the joys of pregnancy eh.
im more scared of fallin an hurtin baby then anythin.
x

Gosh you poor thing , I've no advice .. but hopefully your doctor can check you over and maybe put you at ease

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->