Anyone else feel dirty....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by amzybabzy, Apr 13, 2009.

1. amzybabzy

amzybabzy 1 DD, #2 = team pink

And not in a kinky way!!:rofl:

I have to admit I'm not someone who spends hours in front of the mirror in the morning.

I have always been of the mind that looking clean and tidy goes a long way to looking good ( and a good lippy and mascara helps!) I shower every morning and evening (after work) but normally only have to wash my hair every other day.

Now tho.... I wash my hair in the morning and it looks like I've had a shower in chip fat by the evening. And my skin... It just looks dirty - I have to moisturise as I have dry skin, but it's greasy all the time. I've got massive dark circles under my eyes, and whilst I've not got volcanous spots :rofl: it looks as tho I've got about 16 laying dormant!

Apart from that I feel great!:happydance:

Any tips for that dewy glowing look?

2. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

I am exactly the same.
    I had this with my dd too. I never get the so-called 'pregnancy glow', or if I do it's just because I am so greasy!!
    Greasy hair and skin, and no amount of showers makes me look any better.
    I think I will just wear a lot of make-up and hats for the next 6 months :)
    Also VERY dark eyes circles and a new spot every day.
    Also, even though my hair is greasy, I also have dandruff now too.
    Such fun. Thankfully it is worth it.

3. jlon

jlon Well-Known Member

My skin and hair has gone to pot. I thought you were supposed to look amazing! I usually have great hair but now it just..hangs there :/

Bought different shampoo though this morning so gonna give it a whirl tonight and see if any difference is made.

4. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

I don't know about feeling dirty, I am! ;D

I have parked myself on the sofa for the entiiiiiiiiire weekend and its been fab.

I was having problems with needing to wash my hair/skin too much before pregnancy, so it has actually settled down for me.

Back to work tomorrow though... so will be feeling it again then I'm sure

5. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

Ok..... At the moment I look worse then my 87 year old grandma. I guess I said everything with it......

But as I remember last time by 20 weeks I was back to my normal self and actually looked quite good. So just have to look forward it :D

6. eeyore007

eeyore007 New Mummy to Frances

Funny - I was beginning to think I was alone with my nasty greasy hair. Last thursday it was hideous - had actually washed it the night before, then went to work, looked at it in the loo and my heart sank - then caught a woman at work actually staring at it. Oh how that day dragged!!!

7. third time

third time Well-Known Member

I normally get away with every other day to wash my hair, but even then it doesn't really look like it needs to be washed, however, now it lasts just over a day, which hasn't been bad whilst I've been off work, but as of next week it'll have to be washed everyday!!

I also have very big circles under my eyes, but a sleeping loads!!!!

Amy xx

8. georgie

georgie Member

It's so great to know i'm not alone! I've had real trouble with spots for the last three weeks and it's making me feel rubbish, so any tips would be appreciated. During 4 -6 weeks i felt dirty all the time, and spent loads of time in the bath, tho it seems to have calmed down now. xx

9. rubiRURU

rubiRURU Active Member

i feel oposite, i don't wanna get out of bed or fix myself sometimes, too lazy to take a bath sometimes too..hhehehe

10. cole6645

cole6645 Mother of 1/Expecting #2

Just remember that it is only temporary and everyone's body reacts to pregnancy differently. You might feel dirty and look greasy this month but next month could be completely different.

11. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

i'm the opposite - off the pill and non-pregnant my hair is awful and my skin greasy an blemishy.....but on the pill and pregnant it's great! So at the moment I'm feeling happy, and people who don't know I'm preg - keep saying have I done something nice to my hair! (couldn't tell them it's preg hormones!)

12. FJL

FJL Heartbroken after m/c

I have noticed the last few days that my hair looks so greasy even though I wash it everyday!