Anyone else feel like maybe the doctor is wrong about gender?

hans2009

Reaction score
My whole pregnancy I have thought he was a girl. I am SO excited for a boy, I have always wanted a boy first and I can't wait to have a little momma's boy!! But I can't shake the feeling that he's a girl?!!

Maybe it's because we had a gender reveal party so I didn't get to see the ultrasound picture of his area but the doctor seemed very certain. When my husband asked if he could tell the gender his response was "oh yeah!!"

I guess I don't really think he was wrong about gender, I just can't shake the feeling he's a girl! I feel bad!!:shrug:

It's hard to believe the opposite when you feel so strongly.

My best friend was adamant she was having a girl, referred to her baby as she and her girls name. Would literally tell anyone who would listen she just knew it was a girl and had never been so sure about anything in her life. At 20 weeks she found out she was a he! She took a long time getting her head around it and for weeks still referred to him as she (as she had been so used to before she found out). Although she saw the boy bits she could still imagine having a girl ad I think she was secretly hoping they were wrong. She had a boy!

It might take a while to adjust. Do you have another scan so you can see it for yourself?

My whole pregnancy I have thought he was a girl. I am SO excited for a boy, I have always wanted a boy first and I can't wait to have a little momma's boy!! But I can't shake the feeling that he's a girl?!!

Maybe it's because we had a gender reveal party so I didn't get to see the ultrasound picture of his area but the doctor seemed very certain. When my husband asked if he could tell the gender his response was "oh yeah!!"

I guess I don't really think he was wrong about gender, I just can't shake the feeling he's a girl! I feel bad!!:shrug:

I really wanted a girl and thought about the peanut as a girl. But I had genetic testing done and it's a boy. No way it can be wrong from the genetic test but I was only sad about a minute. A healthy baby is really all I care about in the long run :happydance:

My best friend was adamant she was having a girl, referred to her baby as she and her girls name. Would literally tell anyone who would listen she just knew it was a girl and had never been so sure about anything in her life. At 20 weeks she found out she was a he! She took a long time getting her head around it and for weeks still referred to him as she (as she had been so used to before she found out). Although she saw the joy hits she could still imagine having a girl ad I think she was secretly hoping they were wrong. She had a boy!

It might take a whole to adjust. Do you have another scan so you can see it for yourself?

I go in next week but just for the heartbeat. I will have another scan at 24 weeks and be able to see then!!

I really wanted a girl and thought about the peanut as a girl. But I had genetic testing done and it's a boy. No way it can be wrong from the genetic test but I was only sad about a minute. A healthy baby is really all I care about in the long run :happydance:

I never cared either way, just had a feeling I was having a girl! I am ecstatic about having a boy, and I refer to him as a boy, just deep down still feel girl!! I feel guilty most of all!

My best friend was adamant she was having a girl, referred to her baby as she and her girls name. Would literally tell anyone who would listen she just knew it was a girl and had never been so sure about anything in her life. At 20 weeks she found out she was a he! She took a long time getting her head around it and for weeks still referred to him as she (as she had been so used to before she found out). Although she saw the joy hits she could still imagine having a girl ad I think she was secretly hoping they were wrong. She had a boy!

It might take a whole to adjust. Do you have another scan so you can see it for yourself?

I go in next week but just for the heartbeat. I will have another scan at 24 weeks and be able to see then!!

I never cared either way, just had a feeling I was having a girl! I am ecstatic about having a boy, and I refer to him as a boy, just deep down still feel girl!! I feel guilty most of all!

Hopefully that will help :)

I was so sure this baby was a girl, and so was my husband (he's a doctor so thought maybe he saw something obviously girl at the 12 week scan). He even told work colleagues it's a girl and I received an email saying 'congratulations in your baby girl!' So when they showed my his parts last week I was shocked to say the least! I feel terribly guilty that I cried, I think I was just so shocked! I always wanted a boy first so I'm happy now but it definitely took a few days to get my head around.
So don't feel bad, I totally understand !! :flower:

Ask for a potty shot at your next scan. Should be clear as day as long ad they are cooperating.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/2008315-daddys-little-monster.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->