Anyone else feeling depressed from MS?

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
I just want to say...This baby was planned and very much wanted and After having a history of loss I am so grateful to be here. However...

I am really struggling with the extreme fatigue and nausea and trying to nurse my 20 month old through with very tender and sore nipples and nursing aversion.

I forget what it is like to feel normal and it is wearing on me. I was a busy active SAHM and these last few weeks spent inside on the couch are not good for my mental well being! I find myself not very excited or happy to be pg and rather resentful bc I am less patient with my DD and honestly I miss my old life. Since we haven't told any family or close friends yet I find myself avoiding them all and feeling even lonelier.

I know it's temporary but how do I get out of this funk?!? I just keep thinking how am I going to handle being pregnant the next 7 months with a toddler and then I think thats the easy part and get scared for when the baby gets here! we are telling our family in a week and hoping that helps. Is the second pregnancy just different emotions?!?

Sorry in advance for the woe is me post

I sympathise a lot with how you feel. I BF through my second pregnancy and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done. In the end what kept us going was comprise. I decided to limit the number and length of feeds she had and we night weaned. OH started getting up in the night with her and offering her water instead. It wasnt exactly what I wanted but it made things work much better.

This pregnancy I have had severe sickness and have been in bed for 4 weeks and have lost 2stone from not being able to keep food down. I cant do anything for our two LOs except a few kisses and short cuddles. I feel so sorry for my little boy who misses my attention but dont really have a choice. I keep reminding myself it will be worth it but I admit it doesnt always feel that way in the moment.

maybe its time to wean, I am really pro nursing and nurse all my babes this last one til 25 months, but during my first pregnancy i weaned after 5 months I couldnt take the heavy toddler on me when i was so nauseas, it drains you even further when you already have no energy. I know its not an easy decision and all my babes were super attached nursing multiple times a day when I weaned, you will go through one or two hard weeks and thats it , my big kids dont remember nursing and they were huge booby boys ;) think about it, because it could really help.

Thanks lemsz! I actually have been thinking about it. But I really wanted to nurse her until at least 2. Nursing is such a big part of our relationship and our lives. But I agree it's the hardest thing right now. I find myself trying to avoid her altogether to avoid nursing. I subconsciously night weaned just bc I couldn't take the night feedings and I guess refused so much she got the hint. I think it would just break my and her heart in some ways.

Also I find myself wanting a nursing break between the new baby. I always thought I would tandem etc. but I believe in trusting my instincts above all else and right now they are telling me that I don't want to nurse! Haha

so go with it, i know its hard, my little man has been sick and he asked me for booby and I just said booby is finished you are a big boy now, and he snuggled with me instead. Its really hard , i hope you feel better

I thought I would tandem nurse. I BF all the way through pregnancy. DD fed once after my milk came in. She said "thats yummy milk!!". And the next time I offered she said "that milk is for baby" and never fed again which really surprised me. I'm not sure I would have spent all those months dry nursing through aversion if I knew she was going to decide to stop a few days after baby was born, lol.

Honestly it was so hard I kind of decided I would wean during pregnancy the next time. As it was he decided to stop himself.

Well it's kind of funny. Instinctually I kind have already started the weaning process. I do not offer, I limit the timing of feeds, and refuse a lot more than I ever have. I do all of These things gently and sometimes she handles them fine and others she has a meltdown. She can sense something has changed. Right now I am not nursing when I jist really can't tolerate it and I push through when I can tell she really needs the familiar comfort. I'm curious as to what's going to happen when my milk dries up. But I'm thinking if I continue down this pattern she ma he fully weaned by her second bday which I would be okay with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->