anyone else find it hard thinking up meal idea for LO?

tristansmum

Reaction score
i like to give him variety but some days i just can't think of what to do.... anyone else like this? Its so hot this afternoon i hardly have the energy to cook but i know i must LOL

Ive got the Annabel Karmel book and a few weeks ago I cooked up enough different receipes to last about a month so in the freezer there are freezer bags filled with ice cubes of....

Cheesy leek, sweet potato & cauliflower
Poached Salmon with peas
Beef casserole
Chicken with parsnip
'Annabel's tasty salmon'
Mild chicken curry
(not sure if there are any others, minds gone blank...)

plus some cubes of parsnip and carrot and mango, pear an apple.

So now shes almost 7 months she has 2 meal cubes at lunch & a different 2 cubes at tea time plus fruit and natural Greek yogurt mixed together as a dessert.... I also sometimes give her Petit Filous as a treat and natural fruit pots and banana etc.....

Im due to cook up another batch next week so will add in another few receipes inc pasta etc for a bit more variety and I might start giving her baked potato too.

Violet cant/wont feed herself at the moment so its easier for me to give her these 'meals' rather than toast, sandwiches etc as she doesnt really eat them yet! Hope that helps....

Yep ! She won't eat purée so there ls only so much I can cook and freeze

Mac cheese
Cauliflower cheese
Shepherds pie
Lasagne

Me! I have a horrible time trying to think of things. Especially since Ava has a cows milk allergy. Makes it even harder.

Sorry im no help.

I've started cooking tristan baby versions of our dinner.....he loves spag bol, and I made him some mince, choped tomatoes with chopped kidney beans, a tad of garlic and mush it a bit, mixed with rice and that made him a lil portion of baby friendly chilli con carne (minus the chilli and spices lol) he now eats his meals with us :) really nice family time and makes cooking sooooo much easier. I've also introduced little sandwiches for lunches so that cuts down cooking too, other ideas are pasta and sauce, toast with beans which are low in salt and sugar (generally I do these for lunches)

ooooo he also likes raspberries and blueberries in small chunks too and mushed banana, saves me making purees!

I am in the same boat. Our LO is just over 8 months and I need new ideas of what to feed her. I noticed a couple of you mention dishes with cheese, what type of cheese do you use? I wouldn't mind doing up batches before hand either, actually I just cooked a bunch of spaghetti squash and sweet potato for her. Anyone know of any good sites for recipes?

I am in the same boat. Our LO is just over 8 months and I need new ideas of what to feed her. I noticed a couple of you mention dishes with cheese, what type of cheese do you use? I wouldn't mind doing up batches before hand either, actually I just cooked a bunch of spaghetti squash and sweet potato for her. Anyone know of any good sites for recipes?

i use medium chedder

thanks guys. good to know i'm not alone. he eats what we eat and likes it whole... no mashing or anything but still hard to think up ideas. decided on scrambled egg and toast this evening with strawberrys and melon for pud

thanks guys. good to know i'm not alone. he eats what we eat and likes it whole... no mashing or anything but still hard to think up ideas. decided on scrambled egg and toast this evening with strawberrys and melon for pud

Thats fantastic! Violet was born on the 9th Nov and she has pureed everything and if I try and give her toast she kind of licks it but then it goes on the floor... Ive tried giving her chopped banana but she doesnt 'get it' about feeding herself or having lumps etc... Hopefully she just needs a bit more time to get used to this eating lark! She eats great when I feed her so shes doing well with weaning, she just likes her food mashed!

Hmmm...

Soft food -
carrot, leek and cheese mash
carrot and sweet potato mash
tiny pieces of chicken, heinz stock, veg - cassaroled, blended if necessary and frozen
cauliflower, brocolli in cheese sauce blended (grated cheese, flour, milk heated and stirred)

Finger foods -

pasta spirals
smushed sandwiches cut in squares - cream cheese, banana, avocado, peanut butter, jam.
buttered toast, cut up and covered in beans
pieces of fishcake/fishfingers, homemade wedges, soft boiled carrot sticks
Mac cheese
quorn mince spagbol
pasta bakes - tuna pasta bake, chicken pasta bake, cheesy pasta bake
quiche
crumpets
scrambled egg
fish in sauce bag and mash mixed
fishermans pie
soft boiled eggs
rice and veg mixed with curry sauce

Aslong as it isnt salted or inappropriate Id try everything, whatever you have and just blend it.
Give them something to hold themselves while you spoon feed.

Id even try a mild homemade curry.

Yes I struggling. It's harder when we don't have a proper tea. Other than that I am trying to give him what we have. Did a curry the other day. Spag Bol, shepherds pie, lasagne.

I have also given him 100% cod fish fingers and taken off the coating, do that with mash and peas, that is an easy meal. I also keep a jar in fir emergency and tonight I did mash, carrots, broccoli with a bit of a jar mixed in, used that as like a gravy. Made my own chicken nuggets. These are my quick meals. Want to make risotto for him too.

I need to start writing a meal plan down for him so he gets lots of variety.

yeh me too!! oh i find it such a struggle to come up with ideas for lunch and dinner everyday.
i think what makes it more difficult for me is that i want to make sure she's getting a bit of the protein/carb/fats etc each day.
and today i poached a salmon slice in some milk with a bit of onion, and mashed potatos and steamed some broc.
Now... what to do for tomorrw?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"