Anyone else finding it hard to concentrate at work?

BabyNo1.

Reaction score
I am finding it so hard to concentrate at work, it's just an inconvenience at the moment, all I can think about is my baby that has taken 4 years to come to me, I feel so baby obsessed! but also the luckiest person in the world :) :cloud9:

Anyone else feel the same?

Yep, me :)

That's why I'm on here when I have loads of catching up to after just getting back from a holiday . . . . .I've spent the last week in the States buying baby clothes . . . . SO much more interesting than being here!!

xxxxx

Yeah thats why i'm here most of the day! researching! :)

Worst of it is, I have LOADS of stuff to finish at work before going on maternity leave, but can't be bothered getting any of it done!! It took us 2.5 years to conceive, so like you, I'm just so pleased and amazed to be here that I just want to be on here, researching stuff or buying stuff . . . . work is just so pah!!

xxxx

Oh I feel the same!! I am ok when it's busy as I have no time to think about anything else but during the quieter times I find myself drifting back on here and I have no motivation for work. God knows how I'll last another 4.5 months! haha!

I'm exactly the same. Spend far too much time on here, other baby forums not to mention shopping!! I can't think of anything else, I manage to get into work for a bit then I find myself drifting back to one of these sits again. I also have loads to get ready before I go on leave but just can't get motivated! x

Yep- this is why I'm sat on here at work and Mamas and Papas is one my favourite sites saved on the PC lol ;)

Youre not alone atall.

All i think about morning, noon and night! Its amazing the amount of love we already have for our unborn babies :)

YES!

Im same took 3 years to concieve and all I can think about is my LO :cloud9:

It doesnt help that I also have baby brain and seem to have lost my short term memory so forget what Im doing and also keep making silly mistakes on documents like spelling things wrong etc..........:dohh:

I cannot wait for maternity leave!!!

Oh god yes! I just realised I have been staring at the same piece of paper for 8 mins. I think I was thinking about my anomaly scan and what to have for my tea. It's taken me all day to do what used to take me about an hour. oops.

I hate work and we have a new system this week! Grrrr.
Roll on mat leave ... have you all decided when to take it? I'd love to leave at 29 weeks and tag my 2/3 weeks hols on before this buuuuuuut I think we could do with the money and feel like I should stay on longer.

x

Me too! I can't wait to be on maternity leave. I'm so busy in my job at the moment and am conscious that there are loads of things that I want to finish before I'm on leave, so some days I can be really productive but then other days I really just don't care - I'd rather be making baby plans! And when I get home I feel completely drained from concentrating at work. Part of me thinks I should try to enjoy my last few months as I know they will fly by, but I'm so looking forward to being able to focus 100% on the baby and being a stay at home mum for a while!!

Roll on mat leave ... have you all decided when to take it? I'd love to leave at 29 weeks and tag my 2/3 weeks hols on before this buuuuuuut I think we could do with the money and feel like I should stay on longer.

x

I've been plotting when I can go on leave too! I'm due 19 August so think I'll take one month's ML and tag on a couple of weeks' holiday so that I leave at the beginning of July. So I'll be 34ish weeks. We've got lots of bank holidays coming up in April and May and I've got a week's holiday in May, so I think it will come round really fast, even though some days I'd like to just go on leave now!

Hoping to leave at 35 weeks but might sneak off a week earlier!

im leaving at 33 weeks - beginning of July but go down to part-time in May so just gotta get through April and half of May.......it is a worry though as im slowing things down now and taking my time to do every task oh dear!!!

x

I've been plotting when I can go on leave too! I'm due 19 August so think I'll take one month's ML and tag on a couple of weeks' holiday so that I leave at the beginning of July. So I'll be 34ish weeks. We've got lots of bank holidays coming up in April and May and I've got a week's holiday in May, so I think it will come round really fast, even though some days I'd like to just go on leave now!

Thank god for bank holidays! I have booked those 3 days to make 11 days off. We were going to spain but have had a change of plan, I am now going to get the house all sorted and paint the kitchen and the nursery.
I would love to go right now! I am due 1st Sept and really can't bear the thought of being there til July but I'll be able to make my decision after the bank holidays coz I may feel a bit different after a nice break. The only thing stopping me booking it for 29 weeks is that DH works for himself and we are never sure how work is going to pan out and after a bit of bad luck on a job we have the credit cards maxed out due to extended plant hire etc. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't be having this dilema.

x

Me too, for sure! It's hard to give a whoop about work when my LO is kicking my ribs and I'm daydreaming about starting a whole new life when our first baby arrives!

I think maternity leave should go from the day you get your BFP to a year after you deliver. That would be perfect! :)

You are right there! I really felt I needed to be on leave from 6 - 12 weeks and I have had so much time off sick due to sickness, migraines, cold, tummy bug and it's not like I can pop some pills like normal and soldier on. Something my work are really not used to!
When I am there I feel like I am constantly catching up from sick or holiday.
x

Meee!! Not only can I not concentrate at work, but my dissertation is suffering somewhat too... Can't believe I have to do my viva at nearly 8mths pregnant - could be interesting! Roll on mat leave at 36 weeks, but sooo much to achieve before then :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"