Anyone else for July?

jtr2803

Reaction score
Anyone else TTC/ntnp from July?

If not, I might have to tag along with the august ladies :haha:

Hoping to have my iud out next month, a few weeks to hopefully settle and then a very relaxed TTC journey but this is all dependent on us doing up two of our rooms as we've just bought our first house.

Its not far away!

I just had a conversation with dh and looks like we will def be ttc instead of (will we have no.2) starting after my Birthday instead of September!!! :happydance:

All because I myself have lots of things coming to an end in July. I will turn 27, doing race for life 3days later and my diploma course should end or only have couple of bits left. :thumbup: I said as lots of things come to an end it seems like a good time for a next start and dh agreed and also agreed we will try charting and diet changes etc... For gender swaying although we would be happy with another boy it would be nice to have one of each :winkwink:

Oh and I'm on my last pack of bcp and then will be naturally regulating my body :)
So excited :happydance:

Hi wtbmummy!

July suddenly doesn't feel very far away, I wonder how I will feel nearer the time? Our bedroom still needs a lot of work doing and we then need to start on the lounge so will be definitely keeping busy!

Thats good you got loads to keep you busy :) It helps :thumbup:
What is it you are doing to your bedroom and livingroom? Just redecorating?
I work in a preschool so it kind of seems really soon for us as I have 3 weeks till half term and then 7weeks till the holidays (and that includes July) It's coming round very fast and I want to start temping this month too :dohh:

A preschool wow, so you will be surrounded then?! I think I'm going to leave temping for a while, despite not having a period for about nine years I'm pretty sure I get ovulation pains and have been trying to track it on my phone, seems to be 27/28 days without fail so that's a decent starting point hopefully.

Yes, full redecoration needed in a number of rooms so we thought we'd start with our room, its having new skirting boards, being re plastered, built in wardrobes made,new carpet, paint, literally everything! Hubby's doing all the prep work himself (I've been gardening!) to keep costs down as we need to save for me being off too :dohh:

Oh wow, that sounds like you really are doing a lot of redecorating. Thats good your dh is able to do lots of the prep work himself (even if it does mean it takes a bit longer) The more money saved the better :thumbup: where are you if you need to save for maternity leave? Luckily in the uk we don't have that worry (although we are putting some aside for unforseen circumstances)

Yeah I am pretty surrounded. We have roughly 20children per session in the preschool 2-4yo's (I do only work part time thankfully) plus our 15mo and two cats 1yo & 2yo. So having another child we really must be crazy. I suppose it is just normal for myself but you most certainly don't get time off like in a normal job :winkwink:

However this time I wont be going back to work until the new baby turns 2 so will be a big adjustment being home all the time :shock: I'm very thankful as dh just got a new job which pays a lot better or no.2 wouldn't have been on the cards at all :dohh:

I'm in UK too (Kent) but my company only offer SMP, I earn over double ohs wage and we can't even cover the main bills with me on SMP so I need to save a few thousand to cover the shortfall :dohh:

I'm going to have to go back as well, probably after 6 months but I'm hoping we can both do 4 days a week.

My cycle starts towards the end of July so I'm kind of in between!

Hey Flossie :hi: Thats great so you can mix with July & August groups :winkwink: I had a look at my predicted O for July and it is actually few days after my birthday so I'm fertile on my birthday :thumbup:

Jtr - that is such a pain if you are the main earner and only get smp. I can see why you will need to save up first :dohh: I chose a career which I love but unfortunatly not very well paid, so dh is the breed winner and that works for us :) have you worked out a saving plan or anything to cover your maternity? If you could both do 4 days on returning it would be great as childcare is a real stinger. I don't actually bring home any money atm as what I earn pays for childcare :dohh:

Welcome Flossie!! :thumbup:

At the moment all our disposable income is going into the house but I get an annual bonus which will be due next April which would cover my planned time off. That's one of the reasons we are waiting till July, the earliest I could be due then would be April I think so would work out OK fish. I'm sure we can save on the run up to SMP too, I'm not too worried, its just an extra thing to think about!

I said that I want our child to spend more time with us (either one or both of us) than in childcare so four days each would mean only three days in nursery or with a minder. Hoping Hubby's work would agree! Could you register to look after children while you are off if you wanted to?

Well that makes sense. Get the house sorted now as it's harder with little ones :winkwink: Thats great about your bonus at work :thumbup: I'm sure your dh's work will agree to a 4day week (i mean they have to these days right?)

Don't forget to also work out the cost of the furniture etc... As it is SOOO expensive :dohh:

We didn't want ds in childcare at all tbh but needs must, my company have put me through my level 3 diploma in childcare so I will be fully qualified :happydance: I am very lucky though as I only work 16hours a week so most of the time ds is home with me :happydance:

I have considered being a childminder but with two of my own running around im not so sure. It is def something we will prob reconsider once baby no.2 is more mobile etc..

We were renting before we bought this place so luckily had enough to make do until we get round to replacing it all, we also agreed with the sellers that they would leave their range cooker and American fridge freezer too which helped!

Getting the qualification is great too, at least you have it there for the future!

That was alright then and brilliant about getting the cooker and fridge freezer :thumbup: bet that was a massive help.
We are currently renting. That is the reason why we found it so hard to decide whether to ttc no.2 or not as I will be out of work for 2ish years we needed to make sure we can still save for a mortgage and have a second baby. It seems we will be able too with dh's new job. We also said we wont look back n say "i wish we had our mortgage sooner" but would definatly say "wish we did have a second child"
Although I really wish we did have a mortgage now as I'd love to be able to do what I want to the house (decorate etc..)

I'm looking forward to being qualified, I just wish I could get a job elsewhere as I don't really like my company (I will just say they have a high turnover) but with me going on maternity again (hopefully sooner rather than later:winkwink:) its not worth changing jobs and will look better on my CV once Ido return to work :dohh:

How is the decorating coming along? Have u picked your built in wardrobes yet?

hi everyone, Im from canada. We were told after my son was born to wait until he is 15 mos to try for #2. He will be 15 mos at the end of June, so we will be ttc in july!

It is coming so soon!!

hi everyone, Im from canada. We were told after my son was born to wait until he is 15 mos to try for #2. He will be 15 mos at the end of June, so we will be ttc in july!

It is coming so soon!!

:hi:
Welcome to our little group :) my son will be 18months when we start trying. Hoping for around a 2yr 4-8months age gap :thumbup: ate you currently on any birth control or going natural for detox before baby no.2?? Xxx

That was alright then and brilliant about getting the cooker and fridge freezer :thumbup: bet that was a massive help.
We are currently renting. That is the reason why we found it so hard to decide whether to ttc no.2 or not as I will be out of work for 2ish years we needed to make sure we can still save for a mortgage and have a second baby. It seems we will be able too with dh's new job. We also said we wont look back n say "i wish we had our mortgage sooner" but would definatly say "wish we did have a second child"
Although I really wish we did have a mortgage now as I'd love to be able to do what I want to the house (decorate etc..)

I'm looking forward to being qualified, I just wish I could get a job elsewhere as I don't really like my company (I will just say they have a high turnover) but with me going on maternity again (hopefully sooner rather than later:winkwink:) its not worth changing jobs and will look better on my CV once Ido return to work :dohh:

How is the decorating coming along? Have u picked your built in wardrobes yet?

We were in a flat that we loved for 5 years but the landlord decided to change his letting agent and we were served notice a week before Christmas in 2013. That was really upsetting and made us realise we didn't like our home being in someone else's control.

My company were bought out last year and I made a bit of money in the deal which meant we had a bigger deposit so went for a property that would suit us long term ;-) the plasterer is now booked for July so we are busy picking radiators, lights etc, still got wardrobes to sort!

Hopefully you won't be at that job much longer lol, I bet you can't wait after today, I hope you feel better soon :flower:

It is coming so soon!!

Hey ifrans, welcome along!

I had my very overdue smear today, once I have an all clear I'll decide on a date for IUD removal. I keep thinking July feels ages away but the days are moving quickly.

Hi! DH and I are ttc officially in July!! :D Woohoo!! We've always talked about it, but after we found out my mom was terminally ill, we realized there will never be a "right" time and we will be great parents. I also was diagnosed with PCOS and they said it will be difficult to get pregnant the longer I wait. We are still in school (2 years left) but are late 20s so are planning and not just walking into it. Super super excited!!! I am on Metformin and blood thinners so crossing my fingers - we may try Clomid as well.

Jtr - You couldn't bemore right. I really can't wait to leave. Dh has now agreed for me to look elsewhere to start september as ds came home with the worst nappy rash ever AGAIN!! It happens almost every week hes there. I thought now my hours are reduced hesnot there long enough to get a rash but he was there 5hours yesterday n was screaming in pain in his highchair cause he was sat on it!!! Dh wants to put in offical complaint to ofsted but can't all the while I am working for the same company :dohh: tbh there is one staff member in the nursery who used to work with us (she shouldnt have a job but is related to owner of company) and I told dh if Ifind out she has been working with ds I will go get him n walk out (she is a disgrace to childcare, actually hates it and doesn't treat kids nicely unless they her "favorites")
I haven't gone in told despite feeling much better as was treated so unfairly :cry: oh well hey, we just carry on. Besides I'm getting some washing n extra cleaning done :winkwink:

Sorry to hear that happened with your flat, it's just terrible. I panic every single 6months as that could happen to us and somehow we got a good price for rent (which is why we able to save and have two kids) I just don't know what we will do if we have to move out of hear. Its ahuge 3bed massonette and we got more stuff than that :winkwink: That was amazing you got to put down some extra money towards your deposit. Brings it down slightly for you :) wow it sounds like you have bought a real renevation job. Bet it will be amazing once its done :thumbup:

EssieJames - :hi: and welcome to the group. I am so sorry to hear about your mum and can't begin to imagine what you are going through. However we are all here to help each other as much as we can :thumbup:
It's great you have now decided on a ttc date :thumbup: we too are late 20's and not getting any younger :winkwink: thats great your already on the meds to help with your pcos gives you much better chances of falling sooner. You are also right there really is no right time. There will always be something. Dh said that with this baby no.2 nature will decide if/when we are ready. If it's meant to be it will be :thumbup:

I'm deciding between late June and mid July right now!

:hi: dgirl. Do you know your cycles already? That might decide for you :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->