Anyone Else Getting 20wk Scan Tomorrow (Monday)

littlemiss83

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

:hi:

Anyone else having their 20wk scan tomorrow? I need a buddy!

I'm going out of my head with all sorts of crazy thoughts of what could go wrong, i'm excited but nervous at the same time.

I've only had 1 scan that was my 12wk, OH couldn't go but he's going to this one so i'm really glad he'll get to see baby!

Oh and we're definately staying on team yellow! We're not finding out sex

:flower:

Hi I have got my 20 week scan tomorrow as well. I feel the same as you I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

Can't wait to see baby but just hope everything is ok. I'm feeling baby move everyday now so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

I find out tomorrow! I can't believe the day has arrived! I was 20 wks on Friday!! and I will definitely find out if I can! no way could I wait! lol although I have 1 of each already I still want to know as I only have a 3 bed house and want to prepare rooms/redecorate etc.

Have you felt baby move yet? I haven't and have not seen baby since 12 weeks scan which wasn't very clear, and I hear heartbeat a few weeks ago so am a bit worried as I just feel fat as I cannot feel anything. will be such a relief to see baby moving around with a heartbeat! x

(I have not had many antenatal appts either, just 2 with my GP and none at the hospital! but to be fair I did miss one but could never get through the phone line to rearrange...)

Thanks ladies

What time are you all getting scanned? I'm 4pm (uk time)

I've been getting movements for a couple of weeks, but very slight and could probably be confused for wind or whatever.

I'm a bit worried about size of baby, with my first she measured small, I didn't get a bump at all untill I was 7 months, I was scanned regularly but she ended up being a few lbs bigger than they'd estimated. So im concerned that this baby will be the same. I do have a bump with some things I wear but its a bump thats all at the top so i need to wear a top that cuts in under the boobs. Its wierd coz when I wear just normal tops i get ppl saying..where's your bump and when i wear tops that cut in under the boobs i get loads of comments about having a big bump. The comments about where's your bump really upset me, if only ppl realised that I will worry about it for days after they've said that. So i'm nervous for tomoz to find out if baby is growing ok.

I would kinda like to find out sex but didn't with first so kinda used to not knowing if that makes sense, but i'll be driving myself insane guessing! lol

I have my 20 week scan at 3:40 UK time tomorrow. I am so excited, I don't know how I am going to get through a whole morning at work. We are still not sure if we are finding out the sex. Up until last week we definitely weren't but then DH came home and said maybe we should and now we are both just confused!!:flower:

oooh your 20mins before me. I'll be driving myself insane at work, but kinda glad i'll be working and busy rather than sitting at home worrying.

I've got mine Tuesday and I'm nervous. Please keep this thread updated with how it went please!!!

I have mine tomorrow too at 2.30pm. I am totally petrified! Had scan at 12 weeks and heard heartbeat with midwife at 16 weeks but since then I've been a paranoid mess. :) I just want everything to be ok!!!

Ive got mine on Wed. Everyone update on here and let us know how they go! Can you believevwe are half way?! Its flying by

Mine isn't until Friday! I'm jealous of all you ladies having yours tomorrow.

Have lovely scans and post pics!

Evening ladies

I'm incredibly nervous, I hope the nerves dont ruin the scan, I want to remember everything i'm told and if i'm nervous i wont!

I know the 20wk scan is a biggie and iv not been able to focus properly on this pregnancy incase I found out anything bad during this..i've not looked into names or bought any baby stuff yet...its almost like i've put it on hold untill i find out all is ok, does that sound mad?

Well, i'm working tomorrow untill 2pm then picking up my little girl from school, heading straight home to get OH and we'll all head to hospital together...i'll be on here tomorrow before the scan at some point!

Lots and lots of luck to everyone. Hope this is my last post for the evening and i'm actually able to get to sleep.

Make sure and post tomoz cant wait to see all the pics and hear the stories!!

As an aside, do you ladies know if we have to have a full bladder for this scan? My doctor didn't say anything either way. Thanks!

Hi everyone im getting nervous now waiting at school for wee one then heading straight there. not sure abt drinking before scan i think all hospitals are different wouldnt hurt to have a full bladder if its not required u cld always go to toilet good luck everyone will update later x

As an aside, do you ladies know if we have to have a full bladder for this scan? My doctor didn't say anything either way. Thanks!

Just found this thread! I had my scan this morning. Everything was good and baby measuring about right :)

As for full bladder, you don't really need it to be full to see baby (mine was virtually empty) but they did ask me to go away for a while and have a drink, partly to get baby moving but also because a full bladder would let them get a look at my cervix and make sure the placenta wasn't covering it.

So I'd say have a bit in your bladder but not loads in case they keep you waiting :)

Good luck to everyone having theirs today :)

Mine went really well! Got lots of pics of bub. I have another next monday as they couldn't see everything they needed to so I get to see my lo again in a week. :)
Hope everyone had a good scan. :)

Thats great news princessbaker

How did everyone else get on?

Mine went really well, at first baby had its head out of sight so even tho we cld see head she couldn't get the measurements so i was sent outside to sit for 20mins and told to have a fizzy drink and chocolate, i hadn't brought any money so jst had cold water and went back in, luckily haby had moved, everything measured fine she asked if we wanted to know sex..i said no.

I have scanned the fotos but cant upload them onto this as they're too big OH is gonna resize them for me tomoz.

Hey everyone

how did you all get on?

Here's a link to my pics

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/637230-20wk-scan-boy-girl-please-vote.html

Hi Ladies,

My scan was amazing - bubs didn't stop wriggling. We ended up finding out we are having a little boy. We had decided not to find out but our little man obviously wanted us to as he decided to do a somersault right when the scan was measuring the femur.

So happy. I will try to scan the pics in.

Hope everyone else had an amazing experience too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->