Anyone else gonna be staying on Team Yellow?!

mrsrof

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Anyone else not going to find out the sex of the baby?

We discussed it and we both want to surprise, so we won't be finding out. We have however, had plenty of guesses (which is hilarious since I'm 16 weeks and don't even have a visible bump!).

DH thinks girl, but is unsure, My mom thinks boy, my BIL thinks boy, and another family member thinks girl.

I have dreamed about finding out from ultrasound tech when she ignored us, and she told us it was a girl.

We shall see!! very exciting!

We are team yellow too and will be staying that way! We have had four regular scans and one 3d scan so have had plenty of opportunity to find out but we are happy to wait. I don't feel any less bonded with my baby and I personally enjoy picking boys and girls names, but I totally get why some people choose to find out!

Me! I think? I may change my mind yet!

I really want a girl and I think if i find out I am having a girl it may ruin the moment when that little girl is laid on my chest and i am overcome with Joy, if I am told its a girl will I have ruined that moment, and if i get told a boy will my pregnancy excitement lapse a bit?

I dunno, so I am thinking team yellow, but temptation is weeks away so, time will tell!!!

I am team yellow but not through choice haha. I was so desperate to find out the sex, but bubba wouldnt play ball! Im loving it now though, its going to be such a lovely suprise and might make me push harder??

the only downside i have found is not being about to call my bump he or she and im finding "it" keeps coming out a lot which i dont like :/

xxx

Staying team yellow all being well. Stayed team yellow with Earl and it was fabulous! :thumbup:

the only downside i have found is not being about to call my bump he or she and im finding "it" keeps coming out a lot which i dont like :/

xxx

I alternate depending on how I'm feeling, or 'they' works well. lol

Baby or bump is the reference normally lol.

Yep - we're staying team yellow. The strange thing is that I'm not even the tiniest bit tempted to find out. I don't know why - maybe it's just because I have no strong preference either way about whether it's a boy or a girl. Just a nice healthy baby is enough for me!

SO tempted but I know it'll be totally worth the surprise!!! :thumbup:

I think we will wait to find out the sex. We wanted to find out first time, but Alice wasn't cooperative. I was convinced she'd be a boy! I really don't have a preference for boy or girl, and I like everything to be gender neutral for newborns anyway.

I was so determined to stay team yellow and actually didn't intend to find out up until about 18 weeks when i started having second thoughts, could i really wait another 20 weeks to find out what my precious baby was? I'm so impatient it's unbelievable so the answer to that was no:haha:.
But, what i was going to do was get them to write down the sex on a sheet of paper and then we could go home and IF and only if it got the better of me i could open it but in the end i find out the sex but i guess that paper idea is a something you could maybe do ? Or you could keep it for some family you might want to tell even if you still don't want to know.
If you decide to stay team yellow up until 40 birth then well done ! i wish i could have done it and i admire your will power.

we were yellow last time and i managed to convince DH that yellow was the way to go this time too. It was a wonderful moment to be told what sex our baby was - and it helped through labour as I really wanted to know lol

I was rooting for team yellow as I thought curiosity might get me through labour and end in a lovely surprise. DH wanted to find out because it would help him bond with the baby better and choosing a name would be easier. After watching birthing videos and realizing that just wanting the pain to end will probably be motivation enough to push hard, and wanting DH to feel more involved, I caved in on the day of our 20 week scan and we found out that we're team pink. I'm so glad we did as DH has been much more excited about becoming a dad since he can picture whats to come... And somehow it's made ME bond better with the baby too!

I am not finding out! Supriseeeeeeeeeee surprise :) though I think it's a boy! For no reason minus that I have a boys name ready!

Team Yellow! Think how magical it will be for your husband to say "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" at the birth.

I want to stay team yellow but Im also impatient. Lol. Hope I hold out on scan day :) Praying for a girl though.

I'm team yellow :happydance:. I had my 20 wk scan today and tried to sneak a peek but it was too hard to tell :thumbup:. Luckily the sonographer didn't ask whether we wanted to know or I might have caved. I think it is a little boy atm and my best friend thinks so too but we'll see. I love finding nice neutral bits and at least everything can be used for next time either way. I prefer not to dress a baby boy all in blue or girl all in pink anyway.

No names picked yet though :dohh: although I have started a list to suggest to dh. It was hard enough naming the dog, I think it is going to be very tough!

im def team yellow, although im really thinkin its a little girl we're gonna have to wait to find out :happydance:

We’re staying Team Yellow. It’s going to be such a dream moment for me to hear my husband tell me that we have a son or a daughter, so I have no desire to know before that moment.

It’s our first, so of course we’ll be delighted with whatever it is. We’ve got a boy name picked and girl’s a little tougher but we’re narrowing it down. I haven’t been at all tempted as where I live they won’t tell you the sex at the 20-week ultrasound so we’d have to book a private ultrasound even if we did want to know.

I completely understand why some people want to find out, and can see pros and cons to both. I’ve known two people recently who were told they were having a girl only to meet their son after delivery, so even finding out doesn’t always tell you for sure!

If I had to guess I’d say girl, but I don’t know why I say that!

Were staying team yellow too:) glad there's others out there who arent finding out:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->