Anyone else had 'Pregnancy of Unknown Location?'

MrsD140810

Reaction score
Such a horrible name..hardly any information on the internet about it..anyone else had this?
I had an operation in late August to get rid of my 'PUL' and am waiting for my AF to arrive. 5 weeks since my op. Does anyone know how delayed period can be after something like this?
Anyone else had PUL who wants to chat?

Hi Mrs. D - sorry I'm not personally of much use to you, I didn't have this kind of miscarriage. But a good friend of mine did. She didn't need surgery, because her HCG levels were decreasing - but took weeks and weeks to do so, and I remember her bleeding went on for a good while at a low level - possibly as a result.

Sorry I can't give you any more info than that. Sorry for your loss,

Bxx

I'm so sorry you had to go thru that. (And I agree. It's a horrible name...There's so much medical terminology dealing with miscarriage that I would LOVE to change. Nothing like seeing 'spontaneous abortion' (in reference to my miscarriages) on my medical records to make me want to cry. That word 'abortion' makes it sound like I CHOSE to not have a baby and I CERTAINLY didn't have a choice in the matter.) As for the delayed period, it took 5 weeks after my D&C for AF to show and with my natural miscarriages it's been 6-8 weeks for my period to come. It all depends on how high your hormones were at the time of your loss, how fast they drop after (they tend to drop faster after surgery than a natural I've found), and how quickly your body readjusts and heals. I'm also not sure what kind surgery you had so that might affect it too. If you are concerned or have odd symptoms (spotting, cramping without bleeding, etc.) don't hesitate to call your doctor. If nothing else, they can reassure you that it might take a little more time.

As for the PUL, I'm not totally sure what they mean by that so I can't really help you there. I can only say I know what it's like to not have answers and feel helpless. I will be thinking about you and hope you find some answers. FX AF shows up soon and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->