Anyone else had this?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by embojet, Oct 24, 2008.

1. embojet

embojet Molly and Ethan's Mummy

On Tuesday I woke up feeling really dizzy. I rung in sick to work, and just laid down all day. When I did need to sit/stand up, it made me sick from dizziness. This carried on the next day so I called the doctor.

He said my body has been slow at adapting to the change in hormones which is causing my blood sugar levels to be low. This is causing the dizziness. He said it's bad news as it's only going to get worse before it gets better. He said I need to take in lots of fluids as I'm going to be sick A LOT:cry:.

I need to keep my feet elevated so that the fluid I keep down doesn't go to my ankles. I've been signed off work for two weeks to rest, and I'm bored already. He said the baby will be fine though :happydance:.

He has prescribed me Cyclizine to help with the sickness.

Has anyone else heard of this? I know someone who had it and ended up in hospital on a drip until the baby was born, but I also know someone who was fine after a week.

2. sophie c

sophie c 2 gorgeous daughters <3

no sorry hun, i sometimes feel dizzy but it passes, hope you feel better soon

glad bubs is going to be fine though

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

yeah i have, have it slighhtly this morning but it was much worse in the past. Its horrid. could be low blood pressure but i was checked and it wasnt that so probably hormones.

4. spoo

spoo Mum to Harry and Emily

I haven't had this but just wanted to say |'m sorry to hear this and hope it gets better over the next few months xx

5. becky1978

becky1978 Mum to a 5 year old

I had low blood pressure with my first pregnancy and was also sigend off and told to keep my feet elevated, I can sympathise with you on the boredom front! This time I had a week of bad dizziness at about 14 weeks, and the doctor prescribed me Stemetil which seemed to help.

6. toria_jayne

toria_jayne Mummy to Oliver, exp #2

Hi,

Yeah I had this about 4 weeks ago, felt drunk for about 4 days constantly, just stayed in bed until it passed. Hope your feeling better soon xx

7. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

Hmm that's weird have u had it before or is it purely pregnancy related, cos i was diagnosed couple of years back with menier's disease and the symptoms are exactly as you describe, it's caused by an inbalance in the ear to do with fluid and it makes the room spin and me throw up when i have an attack and can last for a couple of days. If not i reckon docs right about the shift in hormones and things,pregnancy changes your body totally inside and out. Hope u don't have it again. x

8. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

i passed out in kfc on weds! within an hour of being discharged from hospital!

its horribe as im also signed off work but oh has to workj so im alone :( scared to go out to far alone in case i pass out again!!!

i was just told plenty of fluids!!!

9. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

Hope you feel better soon!

10. pookies24feb09

pookies24feb09 Sally - Evies mama <3

I woke up the other day feeling really really dizzy and had to lay down for a while. I read that it can either be from sleeping on your back and a lot of pressure being put on your vena cava, or from blood vessels swelling and a shift on hormones. I've stopped sleeping on my back and feel fine now... Hope you feel better soon though :)