Anyone else HATE the 1st trimester?

m0mmyCool

Me, OH, and our 2 boys.
Reaction score
With my last pregnancy I was sad and depressed for the whole 1st trimester even though my baby was very much wanted. And now I'm going through the same thing..probably because I'm feeling very crappy and sluggish and hormonal. I really hate the 1st trimester! Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

Yes! Absolutely want the 1st tri to be over! While we so very much want this baby - I found the last two months to be extremely difficult. The exhaustion, migraines, & morning sickness sapped all of my usual joy in life - also, not telling anyone was difficult too... All of my old loves, morning coffee, wine, running, hanging out w/friends were gone... I had zero energy for working out & socializing - coffee & wine sounded horrible (I guess that was a good thing). Even food was just a necessity.

Yet the whole time I felt that I should be savoring this pregnancy & not just moaning about feeling sorry for myself.

...but the good news is that it appears it is really true - the placenta is kicking in & now I'm on the path to feeling human again... so looking forward to the 2nd tri!

i just wanna give birth... skip ahead to the best part.

Yeah I've been pretty depressed, and since I already had depression before it's even worse now. But physically I feel fine.

Tired, sick, hormonal, achy - just generally not having a great time right now, can't wait to perk up x

Yes! This is my first please tell me I won't be sick the whole time and will be able to eat before the baby comes! Lol

I'm pretty lucky and my symptoms haven't been too unbearable but I totally agree. From a worry standpoint I just want to get to the 2nd tri and it seems like it's taking FOREVER. I'm hoping the symptoms that I do have with lighten up a bit too...

Yes, and now I have had a partial placental abruption, so I am just praying it reattaches and I have no problems. :(

Yes, 1st tri is the worst! All the waiting and worrying, the sickness/headaches/exhaustion... no more, please! I will be more than happy to leave this trimester behind.

Yes! I am in total agreement. I am on pins and needles AND I just want to get to the stage where I can tell people and not have to come up with excuses for m/s. I feel guilty even posting this, though- I feel like I am lucky to even get this far.

i have been so tired for the past 2months, i have been quite lucky with the sickness, its only bad in the evenings and the worst of it only lasted a few weeks! time seems to be going so slow, cant wait until i hit the 2nd tri x

I don't hate it I just feel constantly worried until I get to 12 weeks and see little bubs inside of me!

I feel the same way too! I hate being sick all the time and this pregnancy seems so much worse than the first (probably because the 1st time I had nothing to do BUT be pregnant now I have a baby and a stupid job haha) good news is we soon forget about the bad stuff:) To be honest I do not EVER remember being this sick with my daughter and my husband assures me I was just as bad lol

ahhh i so wish 1st tri was over ffor all the worrying i just want everything to be ok and get past 12 weeks that would jsut be completely amazing i feel so lucky to be pregnant :)

Yes i know how you feel, i am so happy to be pregnant but i hate feeling nauseaus, feeling tired, and really hormonal! I think the second and third tri are so much better!

It doesn't seem real yet. The only symptom I have is sore boobs. DH says I've been acting like a b-word and very moody. I am not sure if it is hormones or just stress of waiting until 12 wks when we can finally have PROOF on the ultrasound! I have told a few close family and friends, and they are so peppy and excited and I am much more subdued... I'm happy but very, very cautious. Most people just don't understand why I am not jumping around with excitement, but I am just worried and I do feel like I am just "a little bit pregnant." I think once I have a picture in hand at 12 weeks I will be able to act really excited and believe this is really happening.

I cannot wait to be leaving first tri behind! Ive been so ill i just wanna have my scan and be able to enjoy this pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->